Bands that Don’t Exist Anymore Even If They’re Touring Now

JohnRogers

Name a band that doesn’t exist to you anymore. They may still technically exist. They may be recording in an album. They may even be touring, but to you they are dead.

Quiet Riot, with Kevin DuBrow and Frankie Banali whom are both dead, the band is dead to me.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Just now, Rick N. Backer said:

I saw Aerosmith last summer at Fenway.  They were great.  Is it the Kramer thing?

No. I've just always hated them. I get that they are probably the greatest rock band america has produced, I've just never liked them. 

Funny little side story. Years ago when I was still doing pest control I had a customer out in Ware named Mike Tallarico. I had been warned ahead of time that he was a real dick to techs. He started out that way toward me as well. Halfway through treating his house, I asked if he was by any chance related to Steven Tyler (real last name Tallarico). I'll never forget the look of surprise on his face. After that I couldn't shut him up. Apparently they were 2nd cousins or something, and he came running out with an old photo album with pictures of family gatherings where he was there. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, edhunter said:

No. I've just always hated them. I get that they are probably the greatest rock band america has produced, I've just never liked them. 

Funny little side story. Years ago when I was still doing pest control I had a customer out in Ware named Mike Tallarico. I had been warned ahead of time that he was a real dick to techs. He started out that way toward me as well. Halfway through treating his house, I asked if he was by any chance related to Steven Tyler (real last name Tallarico). I'll never forget the look of surprise on his face. After that I couldn't shut him up. Apparently they were 2nd cousins or something, and he came running out with an old photo album with pictures of family gatherings where he was there. 

My wife has a lot of family in Marshfield.  They used to see Tyler around town quite a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

My wife has a lot of family in Marshfield.  They used to see Tyler around town quite a bit.

Is he as ugly in public as he looks on TV?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, edhunter said:

No. I've just always hated them. I get that they are probably the greatest rock band america has produced….

Aerosmith has never been close to being that.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

The Steve Howe tribute band currently masquerading as Yes.

First one I thought of. Also Foreigner, who have played multiple times without any original or classic members. Mick Jones is the only guy from the classic lineup still in the band, and he has occasionally missed shows since becoming so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grep said:

Foreigner, Yes, Asia, Judas Priest, Journey....

As long as Halford is still there it’s still gonna be Priest, not to mention Ian. And it’s not like Glenn has ever officially left the band, he’s just incapable of participating much anymore.

Journey…. I mean technically as long as you have Schon that’s kinda that only determining factor. Plus Cain is still in it and I do think he counts. But yeah, with no Steve, I don’t really care about them anymore.

• Like 1

I’m not understanding the Aerosmith logic. Aside from Kramer being left out of this last tour (iirc for health reasons?) you still have all the original members, and it’s been that way on every record since Done With Mirrors way back in 1985. What makes Tyler, Perry, Whitford, Hamilton, and a fill in drummer definitively NOT Aerosmith?

4 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

KISS

Gene and Paul ARE Kiss, have been since the early 80s. The world accepted it then, and they’re still in the band now. What makes now different? The fact that they’re old and don’t play as well as they used to?

• Like 1