Screaming For Vengeance 

British Steel

Stained Class

Defenders Of The Faith

Firepower

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't think you would have gotten any shit from me. Perhaps I wasn't quite ready to put it top five at that time but it's easily one of their best albums. It was probably the old, nothing good came out after 1990 crowd who got on you.

There were a couple of those guys sitting in front of me when I saw Priest and Queensryche back in October. Queesnryche only played one song newer than Empire, but Priest played two songs from Firepower, and a song each from Redeemer of Souls, and Angek of Retribution. One of them yelled "Play your old shit! Your new shit sucks!". I found that quite annoying. I think he was plastered.

14 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

There were a couple of those guys sitting in front of me when I saw Priest and Queensryche back in October. Queesnryche only played one song newer than Empire, but Priest played two songs from Firepower, and a song each from Redeemer of Souls, and Angek of Retribution. One of them yelled "Play your old shit! Your new shit sucks!". I found that quite annoying. I think he was plastered.

I despise "fans" like that. They probably haven't heard anything new from them in years yet will spend the money to see them live. I just don't get it. If you're not really a fan then why go? It's different if you're going to see a band like Def Leppard or ZZ Top who have been playing the same greatest hits set for the last 20 years. You know what you're getting there. But bands like Priest or Maiden? Get the f**k out of here if you haven't been paying attention to them in years.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I despise "fans" like that. They probably haven't heard anything new from them in years yet will spend the money to see them live. I just don't get it. If you're not really a fan then why go? It's different if you're going to see a band like Def Leppard or ZZ Top who have been playing the same greatest hits set for the last 20 years. You know what you're getting there. But bands like Priest or Maiden? Get the f**k out of here if you haven't been paying attention to them in years.

I totally agree. A lot of bands don't want to stop writing. Jack Blades of Night Ranger has mentioned this at shows, before they play new songs. They're musicians, and writing is a big part of it. Not every band is content with just playing a greatest hits set of songs from the 80s.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't think you would have gotten any shit from me. Perhaps I wasn't quite ready to put it top five at that time but it's easily one of their best albums. It was probably the old, nothing good came out after 1990 crowd who got on you.

give you one guess who did give me shit......his name rymes with League:laugh:

i kid him.  he wasn't that bad.  but i did get it's good but not that good out of him, lol.

he's changed his tune.

but I adore firepower.  it had no right to be as good as it was.

Mick

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

give you one guess who did give me shit......his name rymes with League:laugh:

i kid him.  he wasn't that bad.  but i did get it's good but not that good out of him, lol.

he's changed his tune.

but I adore firepower.  it had no right to be as good as it was.

Mick

Agreed, no band over 40 years into it should be able to release anything remotely close to being as good as Firepower.

• Like 4

Joni Mitchell-Court & Spark (9/10)

This was the start of a more mature sound for her.  Musically and vocally.  She Started playing with a deeper voice (probably the smoking was dong it, lol)

But i love it either way.

Mick

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I saw the flipside where I was sitting next to the old dude was mad that they didn't play Necromancer or Flamethrower at my 2018 show

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Agreed, no band over 40 years into it should be able to release anything remotely close to being as good as Firepower.

It's very rare.  I think Clockwork Angels is pretty high up in the Rush discography.  Flaming Pie is one of McCartney's best solo albums.  I think Power Up is a great AC/DC album.  But they are not the norm.

• Like 2

The Amulet (album) - Wikipedia

Circa Survive - The Amulet

Descensus (album) - Wikipedia

Circa Survive - Descensus

I just came across this band by accident. I don't know much about them other than they are from Philadelphia.

The singer has quite an interesting vocal range but i just can't decide where they fit in musically.

Probably worth a few more listens.

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Taylor Swift- Reputation

In Flames- Come Clarity 

Machine Head- The Burning Red 

My four go to albums at the moment

• Like 1

• The topic was locked