Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Taylor Swift- Midnights (3am Edition)

I love all the songs of this era. Wish it was all included on the physical release!

• Like 1

Joni Mitchell-The Hissing Of Summer Lawns  (10/10)

Joni's Run from Ladies of the Canyon to Hejira is stunning.....BUT i think i love the 3 album trilogy of Court and Spark, Hissing and Hejira most.  Her must mature Realized period IMO. her Voice even sounded best here.

Mick

18 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Powerslave, but I think Somewhere In Time is a greater album overall.

Not certain I would go that far.  I prefer Powerslave.  But Somewhere In Time is greatly underrated.  As you could tell, I really like it and get a bit annoyed at those who hate on it for it not being Powerslave volume 2.  Just as some don't like Signals for being MP Volume 2.  Or AFTK for not being 2112 part 2.  Iron Maiden elected to grow and explore musically as did Rush.  Worked out well for both bands.

All that being said, I can see why you would think its a overall greater album.  Like I said, they grew with it.

Just wish they had filmed a show of the tour.  It was the only time I ever got to see Maiden live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

Not certain I would go that far.  I prefer Powerslave.  But Somewhere In Time is greatly underrated.  As you could tell, I really like it and get a bit annoyed at those who hate on it for it not being Powerslave volume 2.  Just as some don't like Signals for being MP Volume 2.  Or AFTK for not being 2112 part 2.  Iron Maiden elected to grow and explore musically as did Rush.  Worked out well for both bands.

All that being said, I can see why you would think its a overall greater album.  Like I said, they grew with it.

Just wish they had filmed a show of the tour.  It was the only time I ever got to see Maiden live.

Somewhere In Time is a much better album. Powerslave begins and ends great with the first two and last two songs. Everything else in the middle is fine but nothing that raises the album to top level for me. SIT is the better more consistent album beginning to end.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Somewhere In Time is a much better album. Powerslave begins and ends great with the first two and last two songs. Everything else in the middle is fine but nothing that raises the album to top level for me. SIT is the better more consistent album beginning to end.

I definitely prefer Powerslave. It progs a bit better and rocks a lot harder, and mixes the prog with bangers whereas most of SiT is samey synthy prog anthems to me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Well, SIT is my favourite Maiden album. 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

i never got the fuss over Powerslave either.  too many filler songs. my vote for most overrated Maiden record

They'd done better better before it and after it IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

Judas Priest-Firepower (10/10)

i remember a few years back i essentially got shit here for putting this in my top 5 Priest albums a bunch.

"REALLY???? are you crazy??? it'sa good but....."

NO......what i am is right and you should shut your pieholes when i speak:yes::laugh:

Mick

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i remember a few years back i essentially got shit here for putting this in my top 5 Priest albums a bunch.

NO......what i am is right and you should shut your pieholes when i speak:yes::laugh:

Mick

My JP top 5 off the top of my head

1. Stained Class

2. Firepower

3. Screaming For Vengeance

4. Sad Wings Of Destiny

5. British Steel

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

1. Stained Class

2. Firepower

4. Sad Wings Of Destiny

5. British Steel

Mine

1. Killing Machine

2. Screaming For Vengeance

3. Firepower

4. Painkiler

5. Stained Class

Mick

• Like 4

I love work-from-home days:

The Doors - The Doors

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Made in Timeland

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Laminated Denim

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Changes

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation

Live - Mental Jewelry

Disillusion - Ayam

Machine Head - Øf Kingdøm and Crøwn

Mastodon - Cold Dark Place

Mastodon - Hushed and Grim

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

1. Stained Class

2. Firepower

4. Sad Wings Of Destiny

5. British Steel

Firepower cracks my top 5 as well.

Sin After Sin

Screaming for Vengeance

Defenders of the Faith

Firepower

Painkiller

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I don't think you would have gotten any shit from me. Perhaps I wasn't quite ready to put it top five at that time but it's easily one of their best albums. It was probably the old, nothing good came out after 1990 crowd who got on you.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked