Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

7 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I do love Styx, but they have quite a few albums I've never heard. I'm mostly familiar with Equinox up to Edge Of The Century, and I've heard the last two as well.

That's more than enough to rate this band highly. I'd recommend Styx II and that's it really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I do love Styx, but they have quite a few albums I've never heard. I'm mostly familiar with Equinox up to Edge Of The Century, and I've heard the last two as well.

big fan too ad if you ask me i can happily throw everything pre Equinox away and not miss it.......Styx II is good but even that is nowhere near what they did later.  Styx took SO Long to really fid footing, lol

Mick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

big fan too ad if you ask me i can happily throw everything pre Equinox away and not miss it.......Styx II is good but even that is nowhere near what they did later.  Styx took SO Long to really fid footing, lol

Mick

I think Styx leads nicely into Equinox/Crystal Ball. I actually think of all the pre-TGI albums, it's my favourite. Those early albums are definitely fun listens, but not necessarily for good reasons 🤣 except for this one, which I find sits really oddly amongst the rest. A Day is my personal favourite Styx song.

I'm partial to them but they are quite bad 🤣

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Haha 1

In Flames- Battles 

In Flames- I, The Mask 

When Battles came out, I absolutely loved it, and it brought me back to In Flames in a huge way. Now? Eek, I kinda don't know how I feel about it. It's like a metalcore My Chemical Romance and I'm really not sure that's anything anyone ever asked for.

I, The Mask is better. Really fond of it. It's close to Battles but has a more metal flavour.

The singles for the upcoming album are super promising. But the latest one, Foregone pt II, has me a tiny bit concerned it will be a third album of roughly the same thing. I'd be okay if it was three albums worth of Come Clarity, but it's not 🤣

• Like 1

Beach Boys-Pet Sounds

i'm  notgonna score it cause i really don't like this record so not fair, lol

is it influential?  yes.  but i'm tired of respecting those points but i acknowledge that their true.....god it's just boring. 

it really just sounds like a lower tier 60's movie soudtrack.......and that's it.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Ozzy - Bark at the Moon ( 8.5/10 ) 

Boston - Boston ( 10/10 ) 

Rush - Exit Stage Left ( ️11/10 ! ️)

Rush - ASOH ( 9.3/10 )

• Like 6

Finally back to pulling more albums out from the moving box's.  Had not been able to do so for a few days between work and going to PT.  So now I have pulled out and listened to:

Skid Row - Skid Row

I always thought this was the only decent Skid Row album.  Back in the day I thought it had a bunch of good songs and that feeling has not changed.  Decent songs, not really great.  The best, far and away, IMO is I Remember You.  Yes, a lot of folks may not like it but I still crank it up.  Back in the day I enjoyed blasting it and I still do.  Good song.  Decent album with one really good song.

• Like 2

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire.

Why this album was not a huge success has always puzzled me.  I remember some of the songs got some airplay but they should have gotten a lot more airplay then they received.  Side one is loaded with very strong songs.  I really enjoy Son Of A Gun, Tattooed Millionaire, Born in 58, Hell on Wheels & Gypsy Road.  Every song on that side of the album is very good.

Side 2 does not do a lot for me but side 1 - wow.  I just can't understand why it was not a huge hit of an album.  

• Like 3

Triumph - Surveillance

Their last album with Rik Emmett and sadly I don't believe they ever toured to support it.  Its got a few very good songs (Prologue: Into The Forever, Never Say Never, All The Kings Horses, Carry On The Flame & Long Time Gone).  I esp. like Carry On The Flame & Long Time Gone.  Other than the song I mentioned however I don't really care for the rest of the album.  Still, would have really liked to have seen them tour and support the album.  Seeing those songs live would have been cool.

• Like 3

I listened to a wide range of music last night:

In Flames- Clayman 

In Flames- Reroute To Remain 

In Flames- Soundtrack To Your Escape 

In Flames- Come Clarity 

Now I think their early death metal run was absolutely amazing. But this album streak (known as their second era) is my favourite 

System Of A Down- Toxicity 

Still love this album. Amazing band, I need to explore them more. 

Machine Head- The Burning Red 

Very patchy, I still enjoy this album. The best of their worst albums (and the only one of the three I can play in full). Though their are songs that tempt me to hit the skip button. 

Korn- Follow The Leader 

I really enjoyed this album today. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Disgusted in myself? Is that the right reaction?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

System Of A Down- Toxicity 

Still love this album. Amazing band, I need to explore them more. 

Machine Head- The Burning Red 

Very patchy, I still enjoy this album. The best of their worst albums (and the only one of the three I can play in full). Though their are songs that tempt me to hit the skip button. 

Korn- Follow The Leader 

I really enjoyed this album today. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Disgusted in myself? Is that the right reaction?

You should listen to those two Anthrax albums you bought in order rinse that korn shit out of your ears.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

You should listen to those two Anthrax albums you bought in order rinse that korn shit out of your ears.

I'm half awake. The only reason I liked Korn is that my brain is faulty. 

I'm now playing Slippery When Wet 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

i'm not into metal ATM but even i went........KORN?????? my our standards are low, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i'm not into metal ATM but even i went........KORN?????? my our standards are low, lol

Mick

Well, I was concerned me liking The Burning Red might mean I might like nu metal 

Oh honestly I thought I enjoyed the album but I've got monkey noises in my head now. Eew. 

I did a twelve hour shift last night, I got home at 5:30am. I'm bloody exhausted, I think it's skewed my brain a little 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

Well, I was concerned me liking The Burning Red might mean I might like nu metal 

Oh honestly I thought I enjoyed the album but I've got monkey noises in my head now. Eew. 

I did a twelve hour shift last night, I got home at 5:30am. I'm bloody exhausted, I think it's skewed my brain a little 🤣

Korn's first album was in 94.....grunge's glory days were ending and THAT was coming in and it wasn't....great.  i told you i grew to resent metal for a bit in the US.  There's one reason why, lol

Mick

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Korn's first album was in 94.....grunge's glory days were ending and THAT was coming in and it wasn't....great.  i told you i grew to resent metal for a bit in the US.  There's one reason why, lol

Mick

The nineties was not a great time for mainstream metal.

Not without its pluses though.

Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet 

At least we know I love this. Think BJ are trash? I wish you only anal. With cactus. And gorilla glue lube.

Fleet Foxes- Fleet Foxes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet 

At least we know I love this. Think BJ are trash? I wish you only anal. With cactus. And gorilla glue lube.

Fleet Foxes- Fleet Foxes 

Meanwhile they went on to rrelease one of theirr best albums in the 90's.......These Days.

I was never a big Slippery when wet guy though.

Mick

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Meanwhile they went on to rrelease one of theirr best albums in the 90's.......These Days.

I was never a big Slippery when wet guy though.

Mick

I love their first four albums. Keep The Faith and These Days are even better

• Like 1

Turned Fleet Foxes off for something relaxing and faith affirming. I feel closer to God every time I listen to this. Jesus, stay inside me, keep it right there, oh yes...just like that, OOH:

Machine Head- Burn My Eyes 

LET FREEDOM RING WITH A SHOTGUN BLAAAAAAST

• Like 2

• The topic was locked