Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Among The Living is reminding me a lot of In Flames- Reroute To Remain 

Two bands that could coast on the successes of the past, could repeat the same album over and over again and be a success, but didn't. They released batchit crazy weird hugely melodic genre bending albums.

Reroute To Remain is weirder, but Among The Living is the most fun!

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Imitation Of Life is exceptional. 

I love the way Joey delivers the lyrics in this one. Crazy to think this is the guy who got kicked out later on for not being able to put enough attitude in his voice.

• Like 1

Okay that album was exceptional, I'm actually really moved by how much fun it brought me. I'm very low at the moment and that was a massive burst of fun energy right when I needed it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Okay that album was exceptional, I'm actually really moved by how much fun it brought me. I'm very low at the moment and that was a massive burst of fun energy right when I needed it.

Yay! :)

14 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I love the way Joey delivers the lyrics in this one. Crazy to think this is the guy who got kicked out later on for not being able to put enough attitude in his voice.

Scott wanted more emotion and aggression from Joey on Persistence Of Time. Those were Scott's deepest and most personal lyrics to date and he didn't feel Joey conveyed them properly. They also felt his live performances of those songs were lacking. One of the main reasons they claim they got rid of him and brought in John Bush.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Scott wanted more emotion and aggression from Joey on Persistence Of Time. Those were Scott's deepest and most personal lyrics to date and he didn't feel Joey conveyed them properly. They also felt his live performances of those songs were lacking. One of the main reasons they claim they got rid of him and brought in John Bush.

And I get that, I really do. Plus I love Bush's vocals on The Sound Of White Noise. I'm just saying, it's surprising to think you would leave behind as fantastic of a singer as Joey Belladonna specifically because you had higher standards than he couple produce at the time.

Ready for another trip to the early 80's?

Scandal - The Warrior

I recall all of side 1 got airplay (including their cover of Journeys Only The Young) with the big hit being the title track to the album.  Still like the title track.  The rest of the songs are not wonderful but they sort of fit together well and flow, one to the next.  So they become worth listening to as a collective album.  Individually, not really.  Only the title track (and the Journey tune) would be worth listing to on their own..

Decent album.

Lets see what vinyl comes out of the moving box next... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Christopher Cross-Another Page (10/`10)

A lot is said of his brilliant debut.  However we need more love for his followup.  Which i think is just as perfect as the first.

Mick

I first listened to the debut having been told he was a one album wonder...never listen to "music fans", who treat greatness only in terms of media impact and album sales. Great album! I love his work.

• Like 1

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

Just to annoy you Mick, if I ignore the concept, I'd still be tempted to call this the best album of the eighties 😅🤣 

Anthrax- Spreading The Disease 

This. Is. Perfection.

Iron Maiden- Powerslave 

Ditto

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I first listened to the debut having been told he was a one album wonder...never listen to "music fans", who treat greatness only in terms of media impact and album sales. Great album! I love his work.

there was nothing one off about him.  he ruled the late 70's early 80's pop scene.  Winning a few grammy's multiple radio hits.  THEN in the mid 80's he vanished.

But there was nothing flash in the pan about him, lol

42 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

there was nothing one off about him.  he ruled the late 70's early 80's pop scene.  Winning a few grammy's multiple radio hits.  THEN in the mid 80's he vanished.

But there was nothing flash in the pan about him, lol

Let me check the UK chart stats, because we are weird 🤣

• Like 1

Anthrax- Among The Living 

Okay, Caught In A Mosh is my new favourite song

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Anthrax- Among The Living 

Okay, Caught In A Mosh is my new favourite song

WHY DON’T YOU LISTEN WHEN I TRY TO TALK TO YOU??!!

• Haha 2

Dan Fogelberg-The Innocent age (9/10)

I have such fond memories of being 10 and 11 and going though my mom's LP'S.  she loved James Talyor, Jim Croce, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Brown and this guy.  I was kinda born and bred on this era...this genre....this sound.  and i'm so glad i was.

Mick

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

sigh.........i've recommended so much over the years.  NOW to his credit he comes around.  but you have to go through.

"IS IT NIGHTWISH?????? NOT NOW..........I DON'T GET ITTTTTTTT!!!!!! IT'S SSO MEH THOUGH!!!!!!

OK NOW I'M READY TO LOVE THE THING YOU KNEW I'D LOVE ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!!!!!

i love Segue, lol

he's my bestie.

Mick

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

CALM DOWN YOU SOUND LIKE MICK!! 

Anthrax and Testament are absolutely my fave of the US Thrashies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

sigh.........i've recommended so much over the years.  NOW to his credit he comes around.  but you have to go through.

"IS IT NIGHTWISH?????? NOT NOW..........I DON'T GET ITTTTTTTT!!!!!! IT'S SSO MEH THOUGH!!!!!!

OK NOW I'M READY TO LOVE THE THING YOU KNEW I'D LOVE ALL THOSE YEARS AGO!!!!!

i love Segue, lol

he's my bestie.

Mick

Oh I know 

I'm both super open minded and fickle 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I swear, sometimes talking to him is like clapping with one hand.

I have to admit, I'm frustrating 😅

• Haha 1

In Flames- Come Clarity 

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

Pantera- Cowboys From Hell 

• Like 8

• The topic was locked