Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Taylor Swift- Midnights

I am still obsessed with this album. Gets better and better for me. My AOTY.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love H&G but I prefer my Mastodon with a little stank on it 🤣 

I can see you loving Crack The Skye. 

Crack The Skye was my first from them! I do love it, but I don’t play it as often as Leviathan and Hushed And Grim these days

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Crack The Skye was my first from them! I do love it, but I don’t play it as often as Leviathan and Hushed And Grim these days

These are the Mastodon album I deem to be absolutel peak perfection, not just for them, but for metal in general, these aren't ranked, as I deem them all masterpieces. So they are in order of release.

1. Remission

#. Leviathan 

#. Blood Mountain 

#. Crack The Skye 

#. Emperor Of Sand 

After that, I would rank the remainder this way:

6. Hushed And Grim 

7. Once More Round The Sun 

8. The Hunter 

I don't do ratings out of 10 anymore as I feel music perspective changes with my mood. But those five albums will always be perfection to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

The Beatles - The Beatles / 1967 - 1970

A 2 record set of The Beatles greatest hits between 1967 & 1970.

The Blue Album?  That's my favorite Beatles album

I have my sister's original LP copy and I'm going to wrap it up for my daughter for Christmas

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Since Tuesday:

Spiritbox - Rotoscope EP
Polar Bear Club - Live At The Montage
Polar Bear Club - The Redder, The Better EP 
Polar Bear Club - Sometimes Things Just Disappear 
Polar Bear Club - Chasing Hamburg 
Carly Cosgrove - See You In Chemistry
Polar Bear Club - Clash Battle Guilt Pride
Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas (Vinyl)
New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones (Vinyl)
Carly Cosgrove - Woah, Just Take It Easy Man. EP
Polar Bear Club - Death Chorus

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goose said:

The Blue Album?  That's my favorite Beatles album

I have my sister's original LP copy and I'm going to wrap it up for my daughter for Christmas

The songs on it are of course fantastic.  My problem with it is the albums from which it’s track list are culled are ALL essential albums.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

The songs on it are of course fantastic.  My problem with it is the albums from which it’s track list are culled are ALL essential albums.  

The Blue Album is cream of cream, for sure

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

AMEN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Joni Mitchell-For The Roses (10/10)

Mick

I really enjoyed a playlist of hers earlier this year. A good place to start?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Blue

that’s the only one I know

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

so i'd recommend an album called Ladies of the Canyon first than if you want more of her polished pop side Court and Spark is great.  For the Roses is great but i don't find it as immediate as those other two. and than my fav is Hejira but that's for when you know her better. more Jazzy.

Boy your in for a treat with Joni.  it's a fun journey.

Mick

The Outlaws - High Tides Forever: The Greatest Hits of The Outlaws

Must confess I am only really a fan of 2 of their songs (There Goes Another Love Song & Green Grass & High Tides).  That being said I was luck enough to see them live (with Marshall Tucker, The Fab Thunderbirds and 38 Special).  It was one heck of a show & The Outlaws, who opened, were excellent.  Of their songs I really like I will say this, if given a choice between listening to Green Grass & High Tides of Freebird I will listen to Green Grass & High Tides any day.  Freebird is good but its overplayed and honestly, I like Green Grass & High Tides more.

BTW - like I said, There Goes Another Love Song is a very good song.

Not an album I will pull out a lot though.  Ghost Riders In The Sky is ok but does not thrill me and the rest of the album is not really for my taste. 

• Like 4

Next out of the moving box:

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time

Ok - its not Powerslave.  It took a lot of hate for not being Powerslave volume 2.  And yes, it does not have an Aces High, 2 Minutes To Midnight or The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner.  But I like every song on the album.  Its one of those albums I can listen to every song on it and never skip a song.  Those albums don't come around all the time.  

For me the weakest song is Deja-Vu.  The 3 strongest are Wasted Years, Strager in a Strange Land & Heaven Can Wait.

Good album. 

• Like 4

Def Leppard - High n' Dry

Another albumI can listen to every song on and near skip a song.  As I previously mentioned, those sorts of albums don't come around every day.

The only part of a song I will skip is the last song on the album, No No No.  I don't care for the very end of the song where they just scream No No No over and over.  Thats noise to my ears.  Other than that its a very good album.

• Like 4

attachment-frank-zappa-waka-wazoo.jpg?w=

The vault releases have been fantastic and this one is no different. Three discs of studio alternates, 1 disc of George Duke material that FZ played on and then a live disc of the Petite Wazoo from Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco late 1972

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Next out of the moving box:

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time

Ok - its not Powerslave.  It took a lot of hate for not being Powerslave volume 2.  And yes, it does not have an Aces High, 2 Minutes To Midnight or The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner.  But I like every song on the album.  Its one of those albums I can listen to every song on it and never skip a song.  Those albums don't come around all the time.  

For me the weakest song is Deja-Vu.  The 3 strongest are Wasted Years, Strager in a Strange Land & Heaven Can Wait.

Good album. 

I love Powerslave, but I think Somewhere In Time is a greater album overall.

Pat Benatar- Get Nervous 

Gosh I love this woman! Her early seven run of albums is close to pop perfection. And she rocked hard as well!

• Like 2

• The topic was locked