Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That sounds sick! I should see if that tour is stopping by me anytime....

And it looks like it's over, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

i say lots of things are my fav but Yacht may legit no joke be the all time champ.

why listen to metal gods belch into their mics when you have Michal Mcdonald singing like a stroke victim:laugh:

Seriously though Yacht rock is banger after banger........like throw a dart in any direction and you'll hit a banger album.

Mick

Michael McDonald was in our town a few years ago- playing keyboard and singing for an hour in a little music shop! Turns out the owner was a childhood friend and needed some publicity for the store. Didn't hear until afterward . . .would have been interesting!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Michael McDonald was in our town a few years ago- playing keyboard and singing for an hour in a little music shop! Turns out the owner was a childhood friend and needed some publicity for the store. Didn't hear until afterward . . .would have been interesting!  :laugh:

ol' Mush mouth:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That sounds sick! I should see if that tour is stopping by me anytime....

That was the last night of the tour. But they tour a lot. They did quite bit this year after their new album came out. I'm sure they'll be back on the road soon

Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker

Pretenders - Last Of The Independents

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory

• Like 3

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lacuna Coil:

Unleashed Memories

Comalies

Broken Crown Halo

I get why you skipped my favourite album plus SL, but you skipped Dark Adrenaline, which I hope means you hear how BCH is the album I always think should have been the follow up to Comalies. (Yes I love Karmacode but BCH would have truly been the perfect follow up)

41 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I get why you skipped my favourite album plus SL, but you skipped Dark Adrenaline, which I hope means you hear how BCH is the album I always think should have been the follow up to Comalies. (Yes I love Karmacode but BCH would have truly been the perfect follow up)

I wasn't intentionally skipping them. Those were the albums I was in the mood to hear. BCH dose sound more like the proper follow up to Comalies. But at the same time it really couldn't be because the leap in overall quality of songwriting would have been too huge. BCH is their perfect album. Everything, music, lyrics, and especially the vocals came together so well, absolutely nothing is out of place on that album. In a lot of ways Dark Adrenaline would have been a better follow up to Comalies as it's sound would have served as a really good bridge to BCH.

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I wasn't intentionally skipping them. Those were the albums I was in the mood to hear. BCH dose sound more like the proper follow up to Comalies. But at the same time it really couldn't be because the leap in overall quality of songwriting would have been too huge. BCH is their perfect album. Everything, music, lyrics, and especially the vocals came together so well, absolutely nothing is out of place on that album. In a lot of ways Dark Adrenaline would have been a better follow up to Comalies as it's sound would have served as a really good bridge to BCH.

I still adore Karmacode. I see it as a really bold experiment that lead to them really improving. Karmacode walked so BCH, Delirium and BA could run.

I think I love Delirium more than BCH, but BCH is the last album with the classic LC lineup and it shows.

It's been years since I heard this album start to finish.   There's a lot of music here.

A year to remember, 1973:  Bowie - Feb, Floyd - Jun, Tull and Zep ( recording of this album ) - Aug, ELP - Dec.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Elvellon- Until Dawn 

The debut album of this throwback symphonic metal band, they created a real magical debut here. Is it original? No. But it's got a soulfulness that hearkens back to early Nightwish, and for an independent release, it did so well it saw them signed to Napalm records. I hope they stay true to themselves. This is one of the hidden gems of the genre.

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lacuna Coil:

Delirium

Black Anima 

Thoughts on Black Anima? I love the songs, but I find the production really deters me from spinning it more. I think it's one of their best though, in terms of songwriting and tone.

• The topic was locked