Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Here is a picture of wonderful Tulora that Lorraine sent to me. :) What a beautiful cat -cute little face. :heart:

TL7AhbHl.jpg

Thanks, Becky. I'm still trying to get a picture of her that shows her off well. She does not photograph well. Even the picture they had on the shelter page of cats for adoption did her no justice.

But she's my gal, and my heart breaks for her and what will happen to her.

I`m sure she knows she`s one of the lucky ones by spending her time with you :pussy: :wub:
  • Like 4

Here is a picture of wonderful Tulora that Lorraine sent to me. :) What a beautiful cat -cute little face. :heart:

TL7AhbHl.jpg

Thanks, Becky. I'm still trying to get a picture of her that shows her off well. She does not photograph well. Even the picture they had on the shelter page of cats for adoption did her no justice.

But she's my gal, and my heart breaks for her and what will happen to her.

I`m sure she knows she`s one of the lucky ones by spending her time with you :pussy: :wub:

She's my sweetheart!

• Like 4

TL7AhbHl.jpg

What a lovely kitty, I have a blue cream girl too, so nice to have a cuddle with :heart: :hug2:

She's not much for cuddling. Each morning and night I grab her and hug her and give her a kiss, but she doesn't go for any of that type of stuff. I do it just the same. :) It might not do much for her, but it helps me! :)

I can relate, we have a couple of kitties who aren't the lap and cuddle type. They are learning to like pets on the head but we have to fool them into thinking it was their idea :lol:. That's why I love the blue cream girl, she comes to me for tummy rubs.

• Like 3

TL7AhbHl.jpg

What a lovely kitty, I have a blue cream girl too, so nice to have a cuddle with :heart: :hug2:

She's not much for cuddling. Each morning and night I grab her and hug her and give her a kiss, but she doesn't go for any of that type of stuff. I do it just the same. :) It might not do much for her, but it helps me! :)

I can relate, we have a couple of kitties who aren't the lap and cuddle type. They are learning to like pets on the head but we have to fool them into thinking it was their idea :lol:. That's why I love the blue cream girl, she comes to me for tummy rubs.

She loves tummy rubs too and loves to sleep on her back.

I've taken care of probably close to 50 cats or more, the last thirty years, and Tulora is the first cat I've ever been in contact that wasn't vulnerable when it came to her tummy.

• Like 3

Hospice nurse due soon.

I am patiently awaiting.

Got my list of new complaints awaiting, and husband is anxious to know how much time I have left. Probably so he can plan a big bash.

Is it disrespectful to say the part about your husband made me smile ? Hope they can address your new complaints and glad to see your sense of humor is doing well! :hug2:

• Like 5

Hospice nurse due soon.

I am patiently awaiting.

Got my list of new complaints awaiting, and husband is anxious to know how much time I have left. Probably so he can plan a big bash.

Is it disrespectful to say the part about your husband made me smile ? Hope they can address your new complaints and glad to see your sense of humor is doing well! :hug2:

She just left.

This is her report.

Cancer is a very selfish disease. It takes everything in the body for itself. What she thought might be being caused by other things (blood pressure/oxygen levels) is, in fact, being caused by the cancer.

My cancer is quickly depleting whatever nutrients I have and are taking them in to feed itself and grow.

My prediction: It is now September 27th. At the rate I am going downhill, Thanksgiving might be somewhat bearable, but Christmas, if I make it, will be the swan song. I predict I die in early January.

It's not pleasant hearing how I go. They don't stick a vacuum up my rear and suck the poop that the tumor won't allow through out. It all just sits there, and solid food ceases, iv's for nausea and other things because pills would only vomit back.

That's my reality. Each day, as long as I am given the grace to do so, I hope to make the best of.

She said my incessant and unpredictable weeping is normal too. After all, I'm dying. Even though I don't walk around thinking that thought 24/7, my soul still knows it. I am dying.

If you had asked me last year what I would think was going to happen to me this year, this little gem wouldn't have even made my list.

Edited by Lorraine

Hospice nurse due soon.

I am patiently awaiting.

She just left.

This is her report.

Cancer is a very selfish disease. It takes everything in the body for itself. What she thought might be being caused by other things (blood pressure/oxygen levels) is, in fact, being caused by the cancer.

My cancer is quickly depleting whatever nutrients I have and are taking them in to feed itself and grow.

My prediction: It is now September 27th. At the rate I am going downhill, Thanksgiving might be somewhat bearable, but Christmas, if I make it, will be the swan song. I predict I die in early January.

It's not pleasant hearing how I go. They don't stick a vacuum up my rear and suck the poop that the tumor won't allow through out. It all just sits there, and solid food ceases, iv's for nausea and other things because pills would only vomit back.

That's my reality. Each day, as long as I am given the grace to do so, I hope to make the best of.

She said my incessant and unpredictable weeping is normal too. After all, I'm dying. Even though I don't walk around thinking that thought 24/7, my soul still knows it. I am dying.

If you had asked me last year what I would think was going to happen to me this year, this little gem wouldn't have even made my list.

:hug2:

• Like 6

TL7AhbHl.jpg

That sounds like the one cat I have. He's a little bit bigger than some cats and looks like he was the alpha of the litter. So, he's a bit aloof and not too affectionate. The younger one I have I got when he was a kitten and he is very affectionate. Almost like a dog would be. Pets are great comfort when things aren't going well. I'm glad you have one to help you through a little bit.

• Like 5

Rough morning.

I can't believe this is happening to me.

Especially when gently told how the end will be, seeing I will not be able to relieve myself. It's not a pretty picture,but they do the best they can to get as much out of you via a tube down the nose - unless I am mistaken, that is how I understood it. It won't be painful, or too much discomfort. So they say.

Right now I am an emotional basket case.

Can't even run away from myself.

I'm stuck.

I haven't stopped crying for hours.

If I listened to any music right now, I think I would shatter into a zillion pieces.

But it beats dying from a stroke, the effects of which linger on for years and years and years sometimes.

Edited by Lorraine

Rough morning.

Especially when gently told how the end will be, seeing I will not be able to relieve myself. It's not a pretty picture,but they do the best they can to get as much out of you via a tube down the nose - unless I am mistaken, that is how I understood it. It won't be painful, or too much discomfort. So they say.

I'm stuck.

If I listened to any music right now, I think I would shatter into a zillion pieces.

But it beats dying from a stroke, the effects of which linger on for years and years and years sometimes.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: Prayers coming your way. :heart:

• Like 4

Rough morning.

I'm stuck.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 5

Rough morning.

I'm stuck.

:hug2: You have a lot of inner strength, I wish you didn't have to use it facing this. Hugs to you.

• Like 5

Rough morning.

I'm stuck.

:hug2: You have a lot of inner strength, I wish you didn't have to use it facing this. Hugs to you.

It does kind of deplete energy from going anywhere else. Every once in a whlie my husband asks, "Do you feel any better?" :eh:

I am grateful to each of you who takes the time to respond to my post. I know it's not easy dealing with this. I mean, what DO you say???

But this is the way it is for me, and I can't change it. I can only face it the best way I know how. How people without any faith in anything deal with this boggles my mind. I pray for them too.

I wake up very early and start praying. My TrueRushFriends are always included in my prayers. Even John Rogers and his public lice. :16ton:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

I am grateful to each of you who takes the time to respond to my post. I know it's not easy dealing with this. I mean, what DO you say???

But this is the way it is for me, and I can't change it. I can only face it the best way I know how. How people without any faith in anything deal with this boggles my mind. I pray for them too.

I wake up very early and start praying. My TrueRushFriends™ are always included in my prayers. Even John Rogers and his public lice. :16ton:

I don't have much to say. I work best with stuff I can be sarcastic about. I do read both threads and experience emotional responses.

• Like 4

I wake up very early and start praying. My TrueRushFriends™ are always included in my prayers. Even John Rogers and his public lice. :16ton:

I don't have much to say. I work best with stuff I can be sarcastic about. I do read both threads and experience emotional responses.

I know that, and I was just teasing you. You are a good man with a good heart.

But, why wait until Christmas? Look what I got for you: 71if-0lFXL._AC_SL1500_-500x500.jpg

• Like 2

Rough morning.

I'm stuck.

It does kind of deplete energy from going anywhere else. Every once in a whlie my husband asks, "Do you feel any better?" :eh:

Sorry, but this made me :lol:.

I've told you before that I did respite care as a summer job. A humorous perspective was a requisite. But I can't imagine how hard it would be to find one in your situation.

• Like 3