Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine. Hope you are relatively ok. I just thought, how are you anxiety wise - sleeping too? I thought I'd mention as my father is starting to have anxiety issues. Doc has prescribed Zopiclone Diazipam and Trasidone BUT he has started to have Hemp oil 20 percent, with great results. Weening off the other meds. It's calmed him, got rid of some pain he has too. Just all round relaxed him. Just thought I'd mention Hemp oil, you've probably considered it already. Have a great day.
  • Like 2

Hi Lorraine. Hope you are relatively ok. I just thought, how are you anxiety wise - sleeping too? I thought I'd mention as my father is starting to have anxiety issues. Doc has prescribed Zopiclone Diazipam and Trasidone BUT he has started to have Hemp oil 20 percent, with great results. Weening off the other meds. It's calmed him, got rid of some pain he has too. Just all round relaxed him. Just thought I'd mention Hemp oil, you've probably considered it already. Have a great day.

I never ever liked the stuff. I never liked the way it made me feel.

If it can't get rid of the pain, it is of not much use to me. Besides, it is illegal in Idaho.

I never ever liked the stuff. I never liked the way it made me feel.

If it can't get rid of the pain, it is of not much use to me. Besides, it is illegal in Idaho.

Just checked Idaho laws.

Quote from their page 'In other words, the CBD must both contain zero THC and be derived from one of the five identified parts of the cannabis plant, otherwise it is illegal in Idaho under current law.'

The oils bought and generally available on the market contain NO THC - the hallucinatory compound. Making the liquid suggested legal in Idaho. It'd also have NO effects usually associated with Cannabis/THC. We bought ours on Amazon!

https://odp.idaho.gov/cannibidiol/

• Like 1

What his doctor prescribed him are meds to fall asleep, not stay asleep. I take two Ativans and one morphine and I sleep better than ever. Most of the time. If I awaken at 1 or 2 and my mind starts gong, I take another half of an ativan. It does the trick.

I never even considered hemp oil. I won't be around much longer for one, and I have already told me that I do not want to be zonked out at the end. I want to know what's going on and be able to respond to people.

But if anyone hands it to me and says use it, it is worth a try, I may try it.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 4

What his doctor prescribed him are meds to fall asleep, not stay asleep. I take two Ativans and one morphine and I sleep better than ever. Most of the time. If I awaken at 1 or 2 and my mind starts gong, I take another half of an ativan. It does the trick.

I never even considered hemp oil. I won't be around much longer for one, and I have already told me that I do not want to be zonked out at the end. I want to know what's going on and be able to respond to people.

For me, the strange thing about pain and cannabis is that you are aware that you have the pain, but you just don't care. I don't know if that makes sense.

For me, the strange thing about pain and cannabis is that you are aware that you have the pain, but you just don't care. I don't know if that makes sense.

This is not Cannabis in the true sense. The Hemp oil, if you look at the 1000,s of reviews, does just what medication does. Really as you describe, turning off receptors so 'you don't care' The Hemp oil devoid of THC has cut out my fathers anxiety, reduced some of the pain, and helps him sleep. Many have had this with the oil, if you look at the impartial reviews.

• Like 1

Thought I'd at least mention it. What harm can it do? : ) My father was apprehensive, with all the stigma with this. It seems to be helping him in the areas I mentioned, and cut down the morphine. I We all know ourselves better than anyone else, and have to do what's right accordingly. Hope you have a great day.

• Like 2

and I have already told me that I do not want to be zonked out at the end. I want to know what's going on and be able to respond to people.

Props to this.

I think I want to be aware when I am checking out as well.

• Like 1

and I have already told me that I do not want to be zonked out at the end. I want to know what's going on and be able to respond to people.

Props to this.

That's why I'm so grateful for the Hemp oil. My father remains lucid with focus. The Morphine was dulling things. From the many accounts and reviews of Hemp oil, this quality to remain focused is widespread.

• Like 2

Props to this.

That's why I'm so grateful for the Hemp oil. My father remains lucid with focus. The Morphine was dulling things. From the many accounts and reviews of Hemp oil, this quality to remain focuse

d is widesread.

If that is true, all the more reason to check it out. I may wind up hating it, but it is worth trying it out.

Please feel free, anyone, to pm me details.

Nurse was here for 2 hours. Morphine upped substantially as well as Ativans.

Left me with good supply of enemas, suppositories, laxatives and aloe Vera wipes so I don't get too irritated.

Also threw out my aluminum free deodorant . You know, the one that they say causes breast cancer? At this point, who cares? Right? :huh:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Props to this.

That's why I'm so grateful for the Hemp oil. My father remains lucid with focus. The Morphine was dulling things. From the many accounts and reviews of Hemp oil, this quality to remain focuse

d is widesread.

If that is true, all the more reason to check it out. I may wind up hating it, but it is worth trying it out.

Left me with good supply of enemas, suppositories, laxatives and aloe Vera wipes so I don't get too irritated.

Also threw out my aluminum free deodorant . You know, the one that they say causes breast cancer? At this point, who cares? Right? :huh:

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Daily hug.... :hug2:

• Like 4

Props to this.

d is widesread.

It's that daily hug that keeps me going.

:hug2:

• Like 6

Props to this.

d is widesread.

:blush: Well then... :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 5

Well, I'm not much for those hug icons. I'll just say that I now think of you every day Lorraine, a couple of times a day.

Never met you, and now I wish I had. But even through the internet i feel your light. I never say stuff like that..... but there you have it. Hope this doesn't sound corny or weird or anything.

Peace to you.

• Like 6

Well, I'm not much for those hug icons. I'll just say that I now think of you every day Lorraine, a couple of times a day.

Never met you, and now I wish I had. But even through the internet i feel your light. I never say stuff like that..... but there you have it. Hope this doesn't sound corny or weird or anything.

Peace to you.

• Like 2

Props to this.

d is widesread.

Were you aware you now owe me four hugs?

;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Pain has actually gotten worse since increase in morphine. Today was especially bad. Back to where it was before the operation.

Yesterday I had a good day with a great appetite. Today I hardly ate anything.

I was going to cancel my hospice chaplain visit, because the priest in yesterday's sermon, believe it or not, touched on most of my difficulties, and I wasn't feeling good at all. Very nauseous and tired. All I had to eat was an english muffin for breakfast and an apple and peanut butter for lunch. Some pretzels and a small bowl of butterscotch pudding with granola and raisins. But she came anyway for about a half hour and we had a few good laughs. She didn't look herself either. Looked like she had something on her mind, but it is not my place to pry.

Now I am going to bed. I get about thirty minutes to do three hours of things and it just doesn't work out.

As I've said, the only joy I've always had - reading - has also been taken from me because I can't keep my eyes open long enough to read past a few paragaphs

Edited by Lorraine

Pain has actually gotten worse since increase in morphine. Today was especially bad. Back to where it was before the operation.

I was going to cancel my hospice chaplain visit, because the priest in yesterday's sermon, believe it or not, touched on most of my difficulties, and I wasn't feeling good at all. Very nauseous and tired. All I had to eat was an english muffin for breakfast and an apple and peanut butter for lunch. Some pretzels and a small bowl of butterscotch pudding with granola and raisins. But she came anyway for about a half hour and we had a few good laughs. She didn't look herself either. Looked like she had something on her mind, but it is not my place to pry.

Now I am going to bed. I get about thirty minutes to do three hours of things and it just doesn't work out.

As I've said, the only joy I've always had - reading - has also been taken from me because I can't keep my eyes open long enough to read past a few paragaphs

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

How was it with audio books, or to have someone to read some shorter stories to you?

• Like 1

It sounds good that you have the support of your priest and hospice chaplain. I imagine they enjoy your Lorraineness as we all do. :)

• Like 4

Hospice nurse comes again first thing in AM. She thinks the extended morphine dosage has to be increased. I agree.

I told someone today that I think it will turn out that I am doing well on a Monday and be dead on Friday. She looked at me oddly, and then said that it often happens like that with colon cancer patients.

Have a possible buyer for my car too. I understand that, like everything else, I will probably get more than it is worth because good used cars are hard to find. If that is the case, I will look into an inexpensive embalming. As my funeral package stands today, I can be kept safely up to three days in he fridge without any stinky stench.

Add to list of things to do tomorrow: call funeral parlor.

A lot if getting finalized, that it another reason why I don't think the end is far off.

Pray for me please.

• Like 4

Hospice nurse comes again first thing in AM. She thinks the extended morphine dosage has to be increased. I agree.

I told someone today that I think it will turn out that I am doing well on a Monday and be dead on Friday. She looked at me oddly, and then said that it often happens like that with colon cancer patients.

Have a possible buyer for my car too. I understand that, like everything else, I will probably get more than it is worth because good used cars are hard to find. If that is the case, I will look into an inexpensive embalming. As my funeral package stands today, I can be kept safely up to three days in he fridge without any stinky stench.

A lot if getting finalized, that it another reason why I don't think the end is far off.

Pray for me please.

:hug2: :hug2: Of course; praying for you! Wishing you comfort in the days ahead.

• Like 5

Props to this.

d is widesread.

Were you aware you now owe me four hugs?

;)

My deepest apologies.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I let a dispute with someone in SOCN keep me from wanting to post at TRF or even visit. That pales in comparison to what you're going through and I promise, if it is physically possible, that I won't skip out on posting in this thread again until you're in a better place.

Hoping these hugs make up for my absence. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 8

Pray for me please.

I will pray for you, Lorraine. Praying right now. You will not walk alone. :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 7