Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Thinking of you every day, Lorraine :hug2:

Back to crying at everything. I had a week or so respite. Now everything makes me cry again.

Today was one of the most peaceful and nice days I've ever had in my entire life.

That probably means I'll drop dead tomorrow, or something.

I was all set to like this post until the last line...although you did allow for something else to be a possibility, so let's replace the "something" with another day just like today!

• Like 4

Thinking of you every day, Lorraine :hug2:

Back to crying at everything. I had a week or so respite. Now everything makes me cry again.

Today was one of the most peaceful and nice days I've ever had in my entire life.

That probably means I'll drop dead tomorrow, or something.

I was all set to like this post until the last line...although you did allow for something else to be a possibility, so let's replace the "something" with another day just like today!

Yes. I'll be going to Mass tomorrow. :) :) :) :angel:

So I can wait until that is over. ;)

• Like 2

I went to Mass today as well, and lighted a candle and prayed for you, Lorraine.

There is not a single day that you wouldn't be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: I really hope that you get to enjoy this beautiful season as much as possible.

• Like 6

Everyone will get a candle. I'll light one of those 7-day candles. Maybe two of them. You get a candle whether you like me or hate my guts.

Got my cane, and now I'm on my way to Mass! :codger:

:angel: :hi:

:hug2:

• Like 4

elysium.jpg

Sweet dreams of Elysium fields and your daily hug or two...

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Ok three

That's beautiful. I could live there forever, especially with that pheasant.

Is the pheasant hiding behind that peacock? :P

:hug2: :heart: :hug2:

• Like 4

elysium.jpg

Ok three

Word to the wise - if anyone`s planning on spending time with peacocks, don`t wear red. The farm down the road have a few swanning about (or peacocking, I guess) and delivery drivers have to change their outfits or they get attacked :scared: Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

elysium.jpg

Ok three

Erm, yes! :facepalm:

• Like 1

elysium.jpg

Ok three

Word to the wise - if anyone`s planning on spending time with peacocks, don`t wear red. The farm down the road have a few swanning about (or peacocking, I guess) and delivery drivers have to change their outfits or they get attacked :scared:

We have feral peacocks around the Westside and they are not to be trifled with.
  • Like 2

I don't think morphine - slow acting or not - 3x's a day or not - is the thing for me.

Whenevee I get a burst of energy I must get up from this chair and to go bed.

I must.

I must.

Bonus hugs

• Like 4

Everyone will get a candle. I'll light one of those 7-day candles. Maybe two of them. You get a candle whether you like me or hate my guts.

But your candles were lit. :yes: One by that most beautiful statue I've ever seen of Our Lady. :wub: She has the sweetest eyes ever.

And the other candle was lit before the picture of the Holy Face of Jesus

More people than ever are attending Mass these days so less and less candles available to light. That makes me happy to see the faith and trust of others in action.

• Like 6

I don't think morphine - slow acting or not - 3x's a day or not - is the thing for me.

I must.

I must.

Bonus hugs

It was worth nodding off again. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :hi: :hug2:

• Like 4

I must.

I must.

Bonus hugs

It was worth nodding off again. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :hi: :hug2:

Despite his obvious poor taste in pizza LABT seems like a decent dude.

• Like 3

But your candles were lit. :yes: One by that most beautiful statue I've ever seen of Our Lady. :wub: She has the sweetest eyes ever.

More people than ever are attending Mass these days so less and less candles available to light. That makes me happy to see the faith and trust of others in action.

Glad you got to go and be with others for a bit. Hugs to you; hoping you have a good week! :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 6

Despite what the media messages might lead us to believe, many people are responding positively to the disruption in business as usual by re-evaluating priorities and putting people, wellness, and positive life experiences above the accumulation of stuff. The Catholic celebration of mass fits right into that.

:hug2: :hug2:

• Like 6

Glad you got to go and be with others for a bit. Hugs to you; hoping you have a good week! :hug2: :hug2:

You make it sound like I isolate myself.

There are people in and out of this place all day.

Today was a perfect example.

I may not be able to drive far and go cavorting around the way I once did, but I do still socialize, more than ever actually.

I cannot take extended release morphine 3x's a day. That I know. If I continue doing that, I may as well have had chemo because the purpose of not having chemo was to enjoy what was left of my life. Nodding out I do not consider one of the joys of living, and that is what taking morphine extended release 3x's a day amounts to - nodding out.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Lorraine has more grace than I thought possible by one in her situation.

But Laura, what choices do you have really?

I didn't ask for this.

I didn't want it.

It's the last thing I ever expected.

We'll see what the next few months bring. Then we'll see just how much grace I have. More than anything, if I make it to 12/25, I'll need moral strength. Christmas is already hard the older you get remembering Christmases long gone. Knowing though that this one will be IT may be too much.

That's when I will need prayers the most.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

You make it sound like I isolate myself.

There are people in and out of this place all day.

Today was a perfect example.

I may not be able to drive far and go cavorting around the way I once did, but I do still socialize, more than ever actually.

I cannot take extended release morphine 3x's a day. That I know. If I continue doing that, I may as well have had chemo because the purpose of not having chemo was to enjoy what was left of my life. Nodding out I do not consider one of the joys of living, and that is what taking morphine extended release 3x's a day amounts to - nodding out.

It sounds like you have a great support system. I just know how much going to Mass means to you. :) :hug2: I know you wanted to be able to stay alert and appreciate things- I hope there is something else they can work with that won't be as sedating as the morphine.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

prayers-for-strength12-1594669313.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*

The more I read it, the harder I cried.

At this very moment, it says everything perfectly. It is EXACTLY how I feel.

Daily hugs...wishing you comfort and peace...

• Like 5