Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Ack,

There are limited options to acknowledging one's posts. I don't think anybody "likes" a particular post, they wish to show they see it and don't want your words to go un-noticed.

That's the new "like" of social media. Lots of memes, lots of little funny icons, but no option to say "I see this", " I recognize your reaching out". "I feel for you". Only a "like" option.

I have a friend who was on trial for the death of a student on a school trip. After four years, it finally ended with a "no guilty" verdict, today.

Although we talk on the phone and text each other, if I wish to show support in social media, it's a "like".

Who "likes" that a student died? Who "likes" that a criminal trial is over?

But "like" is like a check mark, a show of support.

And so it is with you, too. I hope folks "like" away. The more the better! Strength in numbers :rose:

• Like 7

It was a really good day today. Too good. Days like this make me paranoid. This means I'll probably drop dead tomorrow.

Only thing is my appetite is gone completely. I don't have to force myself to eat; I know I have to do eat, but my intake is half of what it was. My breakfast is half now too. So I eat a little bit all day.

And the pain in my rectum when I happen to have a b.m. that doesn't look like shredded wheat. That's new and getting worse

'

But I still have my sense of humor, and that's what I used to keep me sane this morning on my trip to Walmart while they tried to figure out my husband's prescription dilemma. Then when I stopped laughing (I could've sworn I heard someone from Brooklyn there - all of a sudden I hear a slap on the back and a real nasally "Hey! How ya 'doin'??? Good to see ya!") , I started crying looking at all the old sick people hoping this latest med will do the trick and bring them relief.

Hospice nurse calls me tomorrow for end of week checkup. I have an earful for her. Poor woman. ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

I've always thought that brief moments of joy each day is all we can ask for. I pray that one or two find their way to you each day, Lorraine. :hug2:
  • Like 8

I will be thankful for every good day you have, Lorraine.

So will I, but today was not one of them.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. :)

Hugs, prayers, and more hugs and prayers...and peace be with you....

• Like 3

I've always thought that brief moments of joy each day is all we can ask for. I pray that one or two find their way to you each day, Lorraine. :hug2:

Someone told me that when I was in high school when I questioned her about happiness. Her name was (probably still is) Karen. She said life was made up of fleeting moments of joy and happiness.

She wound up getting this top secret government job and making more money than Earl.

I never forgot what she told me though. And now you say the same.

Maybe that's the best and the most any of us can ever ask for.

Now here I go crying again.

• Like 6

Someone told me that when I was in high school when I questioned her about happiness. Her name was (probably still is) Karen. She said life was made up of fleeting moments of joy and happiness.

She wound up getting this top secret government job and making more money than Earl.

:hug2:

Autumn always makes me think of the South Hill and Manito Park. Those moments walking among the turning trees are etched in my mind...not just sights but the sounds and smell of the rustling leaves and scampering squirrels as well.

Edited by goose
  • Like 6

Autumn always makes me think of the South Hill and Manito Park. Those moments walking among the turning trees are etched in my mind...not just sights but the sounds and smell of the rustling leaves and scampering squirrels as well.

Autumn is uplifting. With regards to happiness, access to the maximum number of these fleeting moments is logical, so a season that is constantly in change and visually beautiful is a great thing. That and playing with the cat, two easy ways to make me smile in a very cheap and easy way.

Hope you are getting some of these moments, giving you reasons to smile and some calm.

• Like 5

http://img2.joyreactor.com/pics/post/cat-wish-good-day-2053135.gif Edited by librarian
  • Like 5

http://img2.joyreactor.com/pics/post/cat-wish-good-day-2053135.gif

Thank you. I actually had a peaceful day but I am always so tired. So very tired

Now my left eye is swollen. Mostly the pocket underneath near the outer end. Cold didn't help. Heat didn't do anything either.

• Like 2

Autumn has always been my favorite season for many reasons - primarily it signaled the end of heat and summer, and the fall foliage was usually breathtaking.

But now I think: this is the last Fall I will ever experience.

Please. I'm not trying to be melodramatic. But that's the way I'm thinking because that is what is happening. Everything is finished. My life is over. There won't be a next year.

• Like 2

Autumn has always been my favorite season for many reasons - primarily it signaled the end of heat and summer, and the fall foliage was usually breathtaking.

But now I think: this is the last Fall I will ever experience.

Please. I'm not trying to be melodramatic. But that's the way I'm thinking because that is what is happening. Everything is finished. My life is over. There won't be a next year.

Please get everything out of every minute you can, however you choose to do so.

• Like 5

This lovely song came to mind, it makes me feel so light and happy. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYGRx6QvtLM

I cannot listen to any music other than gregorian chant. Anything else would rip me to shreds emotionally, and I am already in a bad enough state.

But one song that keeps going through my mind is this one:

I can't listen to it, but that last plaintive "I just want someone to love" ought to be put my on my gravestone.

• Like 2

This lovely song came to mind, it makes me feel so light and happy. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYGRx6QvtLM

I cannot listen to any music other than gregorian chant. Anything else would rip me to shreds emotionally, and I am already in a bad enough state.

But one song that keeps going through my mind is this one:

I can't listen to it, but that last plaintive "I just want someone to love" ought to be put my on my gravestone.

• Like 3