Colon Cancer

Lorraine

Lorraine, I can't imagine the pain you're going through and living in. I'm so sorry that you have to face this. I can hardly find words. I hope you will have the best medication to help you to keep food in and pain out, and to get sleep.

You mentioned earlier that you don't want to bother your friends with what's going on. Please do bother them. They will not regret any moment they can spend with you. It's good to hear that you had a meaningful conversation with the chaplain. I hope you can meet her again anytime you might need to, and I'm sure she will be honoured to listen to you and seek things together with you that can give you more peace and solace.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

She comes over every two weeks. :)

Thank you so much for your warm post. And your good prayers. It means a lot. :hug2:

• Like 2

How about Klonapin/Clonazepam. I had severe panic attacks a while back and they seemed to work for me and I was able to sleep also. Tranquilizers...

We might get to that one yet. I think they start you out at the bottom of the ladder and work their way up. I can't tell you how many prescription bottles I have on my counter. It's hard to find one that works for me. I'm the type that, if on an otc drug packaging it says May cause drowsiness, it keeps me awake all night.

The one you mention might work. I see it has the "pam" at the end. I have already been told that that is a class of pills which work for me the best.

Lorraine, I can't imagine the pain you're going through and living in. I'm so sorry that you have to face this. I can hardly find words. I hope you will have the best medication to help you to keep food in and pain out, and to get sleep.

You mentioned earlier that you don't want to bother your friends with what's going on. Please do bother them. They will not regret any moment they can spend with you. It's good to hear that you had a meaningful conversation with the chaplain. I hope you can meet her again anytime you might need to, and I'm sure she will be honoured to listen to you and seek things together with you that can give you more peace and solace.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

She comes over every two weeks. :)

Thank you so much for your warm post. And your good prayers. It means a lot. :hug2:

:heart: :hug2: We are here with you. :hug2:

• Like 3

I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Does the doctor have any idea what caused the cancer? In the past, some researchers have linked certain foods and lifestyle habits to colon cancer. Do you have a family history of it?

I've been thinking about this since you posted it. I'm assuming you meant well.

Does any doctor know for certain what causes any cancer?

Just what do you mean by "lifestyle habits"?

What "certain foods" cause colon cancer?

And, no - no one in my family ever had cancer.

It can happen to you too.

It can happen to anyone.

Cancer knows no race, creed, religion or "lifestyle" it won't attack.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Does the doctor have any idea what caused the cancer? In the past, some researchers have linked certain foods and lifestyle habits to colon cancer. Do you have a family history of it?

I don't think you meant to do this and I certainly hope you didn't, but this post didn't come off very well, almost like she was to blame for her situation, or was responsible for it. Think about how this might have made her feel. It certainly came across to me as a little harsh.

If that wasn't the intent, I certainly apologize, but it wasn't very helpful.

• Like 6

I don't think you meant to do this and I certainly hope you didn't, but this post didn't come off very well, almost like she was to blame for her situation, or was responsible for it. Think about how this might have made her feel. It certainly came across to me as a little harsh.

It didn't come off that way at all to me. It's just a person asking some normal questions. When someone gets sick it's common to wonder what may have caused it. For instance, if you worked at a place where you were exposed to certain chemicals you might get cancer. If someone is/was a smoker that can increase their chances too. Nothing wrong with asking questions about what may have caused it.

I'm getting a new walker tomorrow - the ones with four wheels and a seat and breaks on the handles. This past week has been hard and my legs are always so tired. I am light-headed, often dizzy and becoming more disoriented. A cane is nice, but the walker is better.

If you had told me last September this would be what I would be like this September, I would have thought you crazy.

One never knows what is lurking inside of one's body. As one doctor, pain is often the last resort to warn someone of the existence of an abnormality.

dancing-lady-dance.gif

http://www.clipartsuggest.com/images/555/walker-clipart-images-pictures-becuo-fbL9GY-clipart.jpg

Edited by Lorraine

It didn't come off that way at all to me. It's just a person asking some normal questions. When someone gets sick it's common to wonder what may have caused it. For instance, if you worked at a place where you were exposed to certain chemicals you might get cancer. If someone is/was a smoker that can increase their chances too. Nothing wrong with asking questions about what may have caused it.

I get those are reasonable questions but if you didn't have the time to read the thread, don't be posting insensitive questions. Lorraine already covered those points earlier on in the thread. Nothing wrong in asking questions if you are aware of the situation but be respectful.

• Like 5

I get those are reasonable questions but if you didn't have the time to read the thread, don't be posting insensitive questions. Lorraine already covered those points earlier on in the thread. Nothing wrong in asking questions if you are aware of the situation but be respectful.

I just don't see how those questions are insensitive or disrespectful in any way. The person was new to the conversation and was just wondering about a few things.

• Like 1

I think those questions that Krystal poses are ones for the epidemiologists. A question asked by all the people I used to work with that were losing their vision, or had Alzheimer`s, or terminal cancer, was why and did I bring this on myself. The answer is no - simply because without a perfect understanding of your own body and its specific vulnerabilities from the moment of birth, how could you know - so how could you be to blame? Two people can work the same job, one gets Asbestosis and one doesn`t and two kids in Flint, Michigan don`t respond the same way to a glass of water. Someone with a BMI of 20 can get Type II Diabetes. Some can drink and smoke and inject and perform for the Rolling Stones at 80, or die at 27 doing the same things. NEP and EVH died at the same age but it`d be harder to find two more different lifestyles. It`s long been my contention that everyone alive is particularly susceptible to one particular illness, but you just might dodge it for long enough if you are lucky enough. It hits some people in their teens and some in their 90s.

Broader point is that I wouldn`t like to think that Lorraine has to spend one second thinking about "why".

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 6

I haven’t been over here for a while so was really surprised to see this thread. So sorry that you’re having to go through this, Lorraine. I can’t imagine what you’re going though but just know that I’m sending prayers up for you. :hug2:
  • Like 5

I haven’t been over here for a while so was really surprised to see this thread. So sorry that you’re having to go through this, Lorraine. I can’t imagine what you’re going though but just know that I’m sending prayers up for you. :hug2:

Who would have ever thought, Pat, huh? No one was more shocked than me. It's the last thing I ever expected to die from.

Thank you for your much needed prayers.

• Like 3

Used morphine for the first time today.

I was doing well this morning. Cleaned the house and then went outside and planted two mum plants in our little garden.

That was that. Then the pain started. Trramadol didn't do anything, so the hospice nurse said to take half a tab of morphine which took care of it. I can still feel the effects of it. That's a powerful drug.

I was doing well this morning. Cleaned the house and then went outside and planted two mum plants in our little garden.

That was that. Then the pain started. Trramadol didn't do anything, so the hospice nurse said to take half a tab of morphine which took care of it. I can still feel the effects of it. That's a powerful drug.

Glad you had a good morning! :)

• Like 7

Good to hear you have some spells of feeling better. But please don`t waste too much of those good moments doing housework! I know some would say you have to do that, but please make sure you use energy on things you enjoy first!
  • Like 3

I'm getting a new walker tomorrow - the ones with four wheels and a seat and breaks on the handles. This past week has been hard and my legs are always so tired. I am light-headed, often dizzy and becoming more disoriented. A cane is nice, but the walker is better.

If you had told me last September this would be what I would be like this September, I would have thought you crazy.

One never knows what is lurking inside of one's body. As one doctor, pain is often the last resort to warn someone of the existence of an abnormality.

dancing-lady-dance.gif

http://www.clipartsuggest.com/images/555/walker-clipart-images-pictures-becuo-fbL9GY-clipart.jpg

These pictures gave me a chuckle. Take it easy on your new ride Evel Knievel.

• Like 4

Do whatever you want to do at this point, Lorraine. Whatever makes you happy, gives you peace, gives you strength. :sundog:
  • Like 9

Do whatever you want to do at this point, Lorraine. Whatever makes you happy, gives you peace, gives you strength. :sundog:

Indeed. I'll take that advice myself. :)

It really works, y`know. It`s a virtuous cycle and Lorraine deserves to be swept up in a big snowball of happiness and peace :yes:
  • Like 7

I'll try. I don't have much energy for much, and it seems to be less all the time.

I am only good for a few hours in the morning. From 12:30 on, I lay on the couch and doze.

Fading faster than I thought. It's sad. I am always on the verge of tears for whatever reason.

Indeed. I'll take that advice myself. :)

It really works, y`know. It`s a virtuous cycle and Lorraine deserves to be swept up in a big snowball of happiness and peace :yes:

That would be wonderful - a big snowball of happiness and peace! :)

• Like 5

I'm going to send Becky and Stephen my funeral cards. The envelopes are already prepared. Either one of my friends here in Post Falls will put about ten in each. If anyone here would want one, they have only to contact Becky or Stephen.

Just letting you know, because things are speeding up and I am compelled to be moving fast. Not sure why, but I better listen to this inner voice.

Edited by Lorraine