RPG: High 'N' Dry vs. 52nd Street

choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• High 'N' Dry - Def Leppard
    • 52nd Street - Billy Joel
  2. 2. artist

High and Dry by the size of the universe right before it stops expanding.
  • Like 2

A great band and album vs. someone whose greatest hits CD hasn’t left my basement in years? Not close.

Meh, Leppard are what prefer to describe as hard rock for girls. I include all hair metal and bands like Bon Jovi. Ugh the antithesis of grown up rock music.

• Like 2

A great band and album vs. someone whose greatest hits CD hasn’t left my basement in years? Not close.

Meh, Leppard are what prefer to describe as hard rock for girls. I include all hair metal and bands like Bon Jovi. Ugh the antithesis of grown up rock music.

You mean like Porcupine Tree or Gabriel-led Genesis? I'll take music that's pure entertainment over pretentious music by people with IQs hovering around 100 masquerading as "deep thinkers" all day every day.

• Like 1

You mean like Porcupine Tree or Gabriel-led Genesis? I'll take music that's pure entertainment over pretentious music by people with IQs hovering around 100 masquerading as "deep thinkers" all day every day.

So you’d rather listen to music made for people with double digit IQs? Pour some sugar on me? I know some people on here who would consider that an act of terrorism. :lol:

• Like 1

So you’d rather listen to music made for people with double digit IQs? Pour some sugar on me? I know some people on here who would consider that an act of terrorism. :lol:

I would rather listen to Beauty and Beat 100 times in a row rather than listen to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway once.

I would rather listen to Beauty and Beat 100 times in a row rather than listen to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway once.

Difference is I had to Google that.

Difference is I had to Google that.

That doesn't establish the proposition you think it does. One of us was familiar with both.

• Like 1

well i like Bon Jovi.....BUT i can agree tony that i fail to see the appeal of Def Leppard.

Mick

I like Def Leppard when I'm in the mood; they have a lot of energy; but I love Billy Joel. Just a huge, huge talent. 52nd St. is not my very favorite, but I like it better than High n Dry so there ya go. Of course I had to pick Billy as overall talent as well. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

The feminist side of you has to consider Only the Good Die Young problematic, no?

Then again, you probably don't get why Duke Fame's album cover was fine and Smell the Glove's original cover art was not.

I would rather listen to H&D than River Of Dreams, though. Figures why MTV ditched him and he was stuck in VH1 hell with Michael Bolton and Kenny G before they turned into the adult alternative and Hootie And The Blowfish network.

Why would you buy a Def Leppard greatest hits cd?
  • Like 1

I didn't realise there were so many Billy Joel fans on here. They must be keeping this very quiet...for good reason!

Captain Jack disagrees.

• Like 1