Most Under-Hated Bands On This Forum

Segue Myles

May as well be true to myself and say it, The Beatles. I like George but only George.

Now then, let me start by saying that George has the most consistent solo discography of all of them. All Things Must Pass is also the best post-Beatles album any of them released.

That said, this is actually much more common than one (ok, I) might expect. Most often I hear it focused on their early albums. I'm listening to Meet The Beatles right now in fact. I don't get not loving them, but I don't have to.

i love george's stuff best as well

Mccartney 2nd.

Lennon has 1 album i care about and then it's just meandering nonsense, IMO.

ringo i've never heard an album and i don't care too.

Mick

Check out 1973s "Ringo" album. That one's really good.

As a fan, I like all of John's stuff, but I think he was best on Plastic Ono Band, which has a few Beatles' demos repurposed, and at the end of his life when he (finally) decided to stop being an angry political activist and get back to writing simple, elegant songs. I really like Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey.

• Like 2

uner hated?

oh fun.

the police deserve WAY more hate. fukk Em.

This thread should help people get their unwarranted arrested adolescent bile out.

Paging Ear!!!

Mick

Nice to hear from you, Ice Cube or Dr. Dre..

At least we can agree on one thing, Mother is an awful song.

I couldn't believe that made it to vinyl when i first heard it, lol

Mick

I Burn For You would have been better to replace it. Miss Gradenko is filler as well but welcome filler considering it's place on the track listing. You don't go from Mother straight into Synchronicity II. Album flows are important.

• Like 2

To be consistent, Dream Theater. The vocals strike me as something you'd hear from a decent (but not great) bar band singer. The musicians are very talented, but it's a little like a fantasy team. That amount of talent doesn't always lead to a good combination. And I'll go ahead and say those album titles are what you'd expect from people trying too hard to be seem pensive and thoughtful.

I will say, as someone who took a long time to come around to Dream Theater, that at their worst, I still can find room to hate them.

Systematic Chaos, The Astonishing, aspects of Octavarium, the long winded and miserable Sex Degrees Of Inner Turbulence...

There are times I wish they would calm down with the complexity and actually focus on something specific.

At their best, well, I absolutely love them.

They might be the ultimate love them AND hate them band. Or maybe that goes to Weezer....

I hate them. I've never really heard anyone passionately defend them, though. I think to be "under-hated," there has to be a segment of the board that loves them, no?

As someone who loves the so called branch of rock called Emo, I can't stand Weezer. Once bands took more from them than they did Sunny Day Real Estate, I tapped out of following the genre.

May as well be true to myself and say it, The Beatles. I like George but only George.

Now then, let me start by saying that George has the most consistent solo discography of all of them. All Things Must Pass is also the best post-Beatles album any of them released.

That said, this is actually much more common than one (ok, I) might expect. Most often I hear it focused on their early albums. I'm listening to Meet The Beatles right now in fact. I don't get not loving them, but I don't have to.

Something about McCartney`s always grated - a lot of sentimentality in his solo work for sure. Indifferent to Lennon. No opinion on Ringo other than he chose a fine wife. George not only seemed like a genuine good guy, but I like everything up to and including Cloud Nine and Traveling Wilburys.

To be consistent, Dream Theater. The vocals strike me as something you'd hear from a decent (but not great) bar band singer. The musicians are very talented, but it's a little like a fantasy team. That amount of talent doesn't always lead to a good combination. And I'll go ahead and say those album titles are what you'd expect from people trying too hard to be seem pensive and thoughtful.

I will say, as someone who took a long time to come around to Dream Theater, that at their worst, I still can find room to hate them.

Systematic Chaos, The Astonishing, aspects of Octavarium, the long winded and miserable Sex Degrees Of Inner Turbulence...

There are times I wish they would calm down with the complexity and actually focus on something specific.

They might be the ultimate love them AND hate them band. Or maybe that goes to Weezer....

There's a band I have a love/hate relationship with. I hope Van Weezer really is more like Maladroit and EWBAITE. Pacific Daydream and Black were awful.

• Like 1

Something about McCartney`s always grated - a lot of sentimentality in his solo work for sure. Indifferent to Lennon. No opinion on Ringo other than he chose a fine wife. George not only seemed like a genuine good guy, but I like everything up to and including Cloud Nine and Traveling Wilburys.

Again, as a fan, I enjoy all of Paul's work too, but trying to be objective, he has been very inconsistent. When he's on, he's really on though. I've only seen him once (and I doubt I'm getting another shot) at Fenway Park, and he was ridiculously energetic.

Now that I think about it, Kiss doesn't get enough hate.

tenor.gif

Van Halen are the fun and awesome hard rock party band Kiss should be. Ditto Ramones. Say what you will about the Hagar era but at least they didn't have their biggest post MTV hit written by Michael Bolton. That's a shame that will live on FOREVER.

Van Halen is just better than KISS on almost every level

Now that I think about it, Kiss doesn't get enough hate.

tenor.gif

Van Halen are the fun and awesome hard rock party band Kiss should be. Ditto Ramones. Say what you will about the Hagar era but at least they didn't have their biggest post MTV hit written by Michael Bolton. That's a shame that will live on FOREVER.

Van Halen is just better than KISS on almost every level

*make-up usage

I hate them. I've never really heard anyone passionately defend them, though. I think to be "under-hated," there has to be a segment of the board that loves them, no?

What I mean by that is that those who do love Weezer (like myself) often find much of their 2000s material a difficult pill to swallow, and some of the newest stuff too. So even fans tend to kind of hate them.

There's a band I have a love/hate relationship with. I hope Van Weezer really is more like Maladroit and EWBAITE. Pacific Daydream and Black were awful.

I enjoy black but it's not great all the way through. PD I didn't even bother with. How they went from White to that I'll never understand.

TRF fist fight bracket, who comes out on top?

Me, cos I have plenty of fisting experience

• Like 2

uner hated?

oh fun.

the police deserve WAY more hate. fukk Em.

This thread should help people get their unwarranted arrested adolescent bile out.

Paging Ear!!!

Mick

HAHAHAHA!!! FUCKK NICKELBACK! FUCKK CREED!!!!! FUCKK ALTERBRIDGE! CAPS ON!!!!! LOL!!!

• Like 2

For me:

Def Leppard

Gosh I just don't hear ANYTHING special. And I listen to Bon Jovi

After the first five Def Leppard albums they are awful. "Slang" did them in. Also Joe Elliott denouncing Def Leppard as a NWOBHM band early on. "ON THROUGH THE NIGHT" and "HIGN N DRY" ARE METAL!!!

For me:

Def Leppard

Gosh I just don't hear ANYTHING special. And I listen to Bon Jovi

After the first five Def Leppard albums they are awful. "Slang" did them in. Also Joe Elliott denouncing Def Leppard as a NWOBHM band early on. "ON THROUGH THE NIGHT" and "HIGN N DRY" ARE METAL!!!

Ok bud, will try them specifically again!

• Like 1