18 members have voted

1. 1. artist

• Rage Against The Machine
    • System Of A Down
  2. 2. Definitive Album

• Rage Against The Machine
    • Toxicity
  3. 3. other big album

System all the way. Very eclectic with their sound. You never knew where they're coming from but it's usually very good, gets your attention and lyrically always gets you thinking about the meaning.

I think the vocalist for Rage has one of the most annoying voices ever. Plus, every riff I have heard from them sounds like the same one. Never did anything for me.

• Like 1

System all the way. Very eclectic with their sound. You never knew where they're coming from but it's usually very good, gets your attention and lyrically always gets you thinking about the meaning.

I think the vocalist for Rage has one of the most annoying voices ever. Plus, every riff I have heard from them sounds like the same one. Never did anything for me.

Morello's noise fest playing is annoying as f**k after a while. I just wish Serj would get his ego checked and make more Soad albums.

Edited by HemiBeers

Morello's noise fest playing is annoying as f**k after a while. I just wish Serj would get his ego checked and make more Soad albums.

It's not just Serj though, it's the entire band. They all have different ideas on where they want to go creatively and can't agree upon anything. That's what I have read most recently about them.

I am not overly familiar with either ...... but SoaD are weird in a neat kinda way so I voted them.

I am not overly familiar with either ...... but SoaD are weird in a neat kinda way so I voted them.

Well, if you're already accepting of their weirdness then maybe you should give the albums Toxicity, Mezmerize and Hypnotize a listen. Their albums are short. You can probably get those three done in about two hours.

• Like 1

Ok so because of this thread, I decided to start System Of A Down again. Never liked them, always felt they were overblown crap.

Why am I halfway through the debut feeling like this is the best metal music I've heard in ages?

• Like 4

Well, if you're already accepting of their weirdness then maybe you should give the albums Toxicity, Mezmerize and Hypnotize a listen. Their albums are short. You can probably get those three done in about two hours.

Toxicity is the one i have heard .... i'll try the others.

Finally got to listen to both Mezmerize and Hypnotize. In both cases challenging, quirky and at times quite stunning music. I really like both albums.
  • Like 1

Finally got to listen to both Mezmerize and Hypnotize. In both cases challenging, quirky and at times quite stunning music. I really like both albums.

That perfectly describes System's style.

• Like 1

Rage wasn't a good band until Chris Cornell started singing for them.

I believe that was called Audioslave, ;)

• Like 3

Rage wasn't a good band until Chris Cornell started singing for them.

I believe that was called Audioslave, ;)

oh I thought I was the only one who remembered 'em