What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

Some dude now is open mouth coughing up a storm on a busy morning train. When he’s done he pulls his mask over his mouth. (Yup he had one the whole time but it was tucked under his chin...seems almost like a fashion trend lately). None of the other commuters say a thing but everyone looks at him as if he’s vermin. He continues tapping away at his smartphone and coughing (pulling his mask so that there’s space between his mouth and the mask with each cough), oblivious to the world.

Do you suppose that in, oh, 1351, some dumbass climbed aboard the serf wagon on its way to market, feeling pretty low and a little concerned about the sores and the swelling in his armpits and groin, but still determined to carry on and get as close as possible to every one he could? Is this just how humans are?

:LOL:

For sure there must’ve been some clueless dipshit doing such things.

• Like 1

I was just futzing around on YouTube this morning and decided to check out this slack-jawed millenial "reacting" to 2112. I thought it was cool to see young people enjoying Rush. as the video began he told us he was going to be listening to "twenty one thousand one hundred and twelve" I closed the window. I mean, I just couldn't. Why did he not do at least a little research before recording the video?

He was probably joking....I hope

Unfortunately he wasn't.

[i'm not much for ranting about stuff that is happening in the world, but today, something really ticked me off]

My local newspaper has an article about a local pediatrician and a child psychologist who are offering guidance to parents when it comes to teaching their young children about racism.

They used a new label that I've never seen before: "BIPOC families" (Black, Indigenous and People Of Color). :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yet another insipid label to define, categorize and segregate human beings. Don't we have enough problems with people calling each other minorities, Black, White, LGBT ? These alleged "professionals" are obviously unaware of how they're just perpetuating the problem.

Language is everything when it comes to social and cultural change and/or progress. Without exception, every word or phrase that we utter conveys a specific meaning, a specific idea. If we keep calling other human beings minorities or BIPOC's, then they will always be minorities or BIPOC's (instead of our fellow human beings) and we will always be in competition and conflict with each other.

Wholeheartedly seconded!! Nicely done, sir, my sincere compliments.

In a unanimously-approved resolution, the Minneapolis City Council declared racism a public health emergency in the city Friday, vowing to allocate funding and other resources to "name, reverse, and repair the harm done" to people of color in the city.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: (One :facepalm: for each idiot on the City Council.)

I was just futzing around on YouTube this morning and decided to check out this slack-jawed millenial "reacting" to 2112. I thought it was cool to see young people enjoying Rush. as the video began he told us he was going to be listening to "twenty one thousand one hundred and twelve" I closed the window. I mean, I just couldn't. Why did he not do at least a little research before recording the video?

It gets worse when he calls Prince and VH 19 thousand and 99 and 19 thousand and 84.

pp3K024.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

In a unanimously-approved resolution, the Minneapolis City Council declared racism a public health emergency in the city Friday, vowing to allocate funding and other resources to "name, reverse, and repair the harm done" to people of color in the city.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: (One :facepalm: for each idiot on the City Council.)

So brave of them...so very brave.
  • Like 1

http:// https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/07/nick-cannon-fired-viacomcbs-anti-semitic-comments/

Not all whites are racist you generalizing race baiting dumbass. Never liked him anyways. He always seemed to rub me the wrong way with his ego and attitude. Don’t be so “woke” that your brain falls out. No wonder Mariah left him.

The fact checking in Popoff's "Anthem: Rush in the '70s" -- there is no such place as Cape Gerardo* on I-55, but there is a Cape Girardeau. I guess that's what happens when your staff cranks out three or four books a year. I'm making a list of these things.

(*in the interest of fairness, he was quoting Liam Birt, and I suppose it's possible Birt had sent him an email or something with the error in the original and Popoff simply imported the whole story into the text, but still . . . how hard is that to check?)

• Like 1

The fact checking in Popoff's "Anthem: Rush in the '70s" -- there is no such place as Cape Gerardo* on I-55, but there is a Cape Girardeau. I guess that's what happens when your staff cranks out three or four books a year. I'm making a list of these things.

(*in the interest of fairness, he was quoting Liam Birt, and I suppose it's possible Birt had sent him an email or something with the error in the original and Popoff simply imported the whole story into the text, but still . . . how hard is that to check?)

I thought they changed the name 30 years ago in honor of this musical masterpiece.

• Like 1

I thought they changed the name 30 years ago in honor of this musical masterpiece.

:LOL: :lol: A friend used to like him- it made me laugh so hard! So swa vey!

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8_f3kJOX_8

:LOL: :lol: A friend used to like him- it made me laugh so hard! So swa vey!

Girls wanted to be with him, guys wanted to be him... :LOL:

• Like 1

Dude at the train station is wearing his mask...around his forearm.

WTF for?! Wear it or not. I prefer you wear it especially in this city where social distancing is impossible. But wrapping it around your forearm just makes you a t**t.

People are strange. I can't understand why anyone would not where a mask right now in a high-density population area. Likewise, I think it's weird to be wearing one while walking alone down a country lane.

Science is hard, I guess.

• Like 3

WTF for?! Wear it or not. I prefer you wear it especially in this city where social distancing is impossible. But wrapping it around your forearm just makes you a t**t.

People are strange. I can't understand why anyone would not where a mask right now in a high-density population area. Likewise, I think it's weird to be wearing one while walking alone down a country lane.

Right. If there’s nobody around you and you’re walking in the countryside or a park, yeah there’s no need in those moments.

Unfortunately, this particular idiot happened to be in the second most populated city in Japan + at the third busiest train station in the city...which equates to an unavoidable social distance of maybe 6-12 inches if you’re lucky. Rush hour weekdays it’s like negative social distance since bodies are pressed against or touching one another. Put on the f***ing mask.

• Like 1

Right. If there’s nobody around you and you’re walking in the countryside or a park, yeah there’s no need in those moments.

Unfortunately, this particular idiot happened to be in the second most populated city in Japan + at the third busiest train station in the city...which equates to an unavoidable social distance of maybe 6-12 inches if you’re lucky. Rush hour weekdays it’s like negative social distance since bodies are pressed against or touching one another. Put on the f***ing mask.

Agreed completely.
  • Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-face-mask-mace-park-california-a9640721.html%3famp

An actual covidiot...

A lady sprayed mace on an unmasked couple having a picnic in a San Diego park.

Jeez. How was the couple supposed to eat? Ram their picnic food through their masks? Besides, I can imagine there being plenty of space in the park especially if the couple were just staying put and relaxing on a picnic blanket.

In a somewhat opposite experience, one of my bros said the other day he was wearing his mask and taking a stroll on a boardwalk type spot. It wasn’t crowded but there were people you’d pass every so often so he kept his mask on the whole time. Some random dude he passed tried to scold him for wearing a mask. He told my bro that he should take it off because wearing one would cause a panic. WTF? Big bro did the right thing and just walked away, not even stopping to acknowledge the comment. But MikeyBlaze added, “Oh, but of course I wanted to tell him ‘f**k you, dickhead! But I held back.’ “ :LOL:

Scolded for wearing a mask, maced for not wearing one. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-face-mask-mace-park-california-a9640721.html%3famp

An actual covidiot...

A lady sprayed mace on an unmasked couple having a picnic in a San Diego park.

Jeez. How was the couple supposed to eat? Ram their picnic food through their masks? Besides, I can imagine there being plenty of space in the park especially if the couple were just staying put and relaxing on a picnic blanket.

In a somewhat opposite experience, one of my bros said the other day he was wearing his mask and taking a stroll on a boardwalk type spot. It wasn’t crowded but there were people you’d pass every so often so he kept his mask on the whole time. Some random dude he passed tried to scold him for wearing a mask. He told my bro that he should take it off because wearing one would cause a panic. WTF? Big bro did the right thing and just walked away, not even stopping to acknowledge the comment. But MikeyBlaze added, “Oh, but of course I wanted to tell him ‘f**k you, dickhead! But I held back.’ “ :LOL:

Scolded for wearing a mask, maced for not wearing one. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Weird times.
  • Like 1

That this is what we have in the Oval Office :facepalm: :16ton:

The 1918 pandemic ended 2nd WW and Biden is insulting men. :scared: :wtf:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

UPS, Google and now Amazon have all been granted FAA approval to deliver packages by drones.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: