What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

The Los Angeles Galaxy (soccer) released a player, Aleksandar Katai, because his wife apparently made some nasty comments on social media.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

https://www.yahoo.co...-180553788.html

That’s like chastising George Conway because he’s married to that alternative facts bimbo. Opposites attract.

Ohio law requires a minimum number of hours of training for several professions, three of which are:

1,800 hours for barbers

1,500 hours for licensed cosmetologists

737 hours for police officers :facepalm:

• Like 3

Ohio law requires a minimum number of hours of training for several professions, three of which are:

1,800 hours for barbers

:LOL:

1,800 hours for barbers

The relative rates are obviously absurd (and in some cases, purposely so, to create barriers to entry), but the real absurdity in my view is that the barber and cosmetology requirements are too high not that the requirements for the police are too low.

1,800 hours for barbers

The relative rates are obviously absurd (and in some cases, purposely so, to create barriers to entry), but the real absurdity in my view is that the barber and cosmetology requirements are too high not that the requirements for the police are too low

Barbers should definitely have that many hours of training, as there is nothing more dangerous than running with scissors ....

• Like 2

1,800 hours for barbers

The relative rates are obviously absurd (and in some cases, purposely so, to create barriers to entry), but the real absurdity in my view is that the barber and cosmetology requirements are too high not that the requirements for the police are too low

Barbers should definitely have that many hours of training, as there is nothing more dangerous than running with scissors ....

When I think about the police hours, surely within the 737 hours there is room to mention that, once a suspect is apprehended, there's no face punching, neck stomping, ball crushing or such.
  • Like 5

When I think about the police hours, surely within the 737 hours there is room to mention that, once a suspect is apprehended, there's no face punching, neck stomping, ball crushing or such.

I dunno, the syllabus is pretty crowded . . .

• Like 2

1,800 hours for barbers

All police officers could partake in 10,000 hours of training, and some will still ignore it all.

We can reduce the number of bad cops, but we will never eliminate them all.

• Like 3

1,800 hours for barbers

All police officers could partake in 10,000 hours of training, and some will still ignore it all.

Sadly true but it doesn't mean we should just accept it just like we shouldn't just accept crime.

• Like 2

1,800 hours for barbers

The best we can do is severely disincentivize misconduct and covering up misconduct.

• Like 3

1,800 hours for barbers

Sadly true but it doesn't mean we should just accept it just like we shouldn't just accept crime.

Nobody is arguing that. A

1,800 hours for barbers

We can accept it as a simple fact of life and still strive to eliminate it. Utopia is always the goal, and we should always work to get there.

• Like 2

1,800 hours for barbers

We can accept it as a simple fact of life and still strive to eliminate it. Utopia is always the goal, and we should always work to get there.

Cop training day one introduction: good morning class. one thing that you need to be conscious about is that if you start getting physical with someone, even if justified, there WILL be a cell phone video taken by bystanders. Be absolutely sure that your actions are justified and legal.

On a similar subject, I don't get what 'defunding the police' does for anyone. Maybe start with 'defund the police unions' and work our way up from there.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

1,800 hours for barbers

Cop training day one introduction: good morning class. one thing that you need to be conscious about is that if you start getting physical with someone, even if justified, there WILL be a cell phone video taken by bystanders. Be absolutely sure that your actions are justified and legal.

On a similar subject, I don't get what 'defunding the police' does for anyone. Maybe start with 'defund the police unions' and work our way up from there.

Such an unfortunate slogan to pick, IMO. I have a few childhood acquaintances that are already saying, "The first thing Hitler did was defund the police! The sky is falling!" Sigh.

I wish it could be phrased as Retrain the police, Reform the police, Educate the police etc. I think that is closer to what is needed.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Just playing devil’s advocate...many don’t get what FUNDING the police does for anyone especially if they’re largely ineffective and / or abusive.

Largely ineffective?

:eh:

Just playing devil’s advocate...many don’t get what FUNDING the police does for anyone especially if they’re largely ineffective and / or abusive.

Largely ineffective?

Just to be sure: These aren't my thoughts. Just stuff I've heard from people I know.

I got a facebook post with a really poor photoshopped image of Geddy holding up this tshirt.

https://www.storelist2020.shop/legends-never-die?fbclid=IwAR2Rv-3qe4oy1_YooRUnCyeANHvuNllr0rqPo_yfCP09SsB9Ux8aswy3r_E

Beyond tacky that they are peddling this shirt for $22 like every other shit shirt they are selling. Ray Danniels needs to kick their ass.

You can tell it's not official Rush merch...Ray wouldn't sell anything under $60

• Like 1

I got a facebook post with a really poor photoshopped image of Geddy holding up this tshirt.

https://www.storelist2020.shop/legends-never-die?fbclid=IwAR2Rv-3qe4oy1_YooRUnCyeANHvuNllr0rqPo_yfCP09SsB9Ux8aswy3r_E

Beyond tacky that they are peddling this shirt for $22 like every other shit shirt they are selling. Ray Danniels needs to kick their ass.

You can tell it's not official Rush merch...Ray wouldn't sell anything under $60

Ugh, those money grubbing Neil shirt sellers are the worst!

Largely ineffective?

Just to be sure: These aren't my thoughts. Just stuff I've heard from people I know.

Gotcha.

Shouldn't every post in this thread be required to include :facepalm:?

I created this thread, which means that I have no authority to require anything of anyone here. :LOL:

• Like 1

1,800 hours for barbers

It worked for Weird Al Yankovic.

u7fsTTG.jpg

To paraphrase Dyers Eve by Metallica, “do as I say not as I do.” :facepalm:

• Like 1