What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

People who think wearing a face mask is a Democratic plot of some kind....

People who think COVID is a (liberal) hoax that's been totally overblown so as to bring Trump down. And if you think there aren't people who believe that shit, you ain't payin' attention.

125,000 Americans dead and still rising douchebags

"douchebags"...interesting word choice

Science

Body count (125,000 and still rising)

That's math.

I want to know more about the rising douchebags.

I'm interested in the science, which lies somewhere between denialist douchebaggery and armageddonist histrionics.

People who think wearing a face mask is a Democratic plot of some kind....

People who think COVID is a (liberal) hoax that's been totally overblown so as to bring Trump down. And if you think there aren't people who believe that shit, you ain't payin' attention.

125,000 Americans dead and still rising douchebags

"douchebags"...interesting word choice

Science

Body count (125,000 and still rising)

That's math.

I want to know more about the rising douchebags.

You probably don't.

Too familiar:

Yesterday it was raining pretty hard with some heavy winds...This geezer is riding his bicycle slowly down the narrow neighborhood arcade and managing his way. While doing that he’s smoking a ciggie, is on his phone which is crammed between his ear and raised shoulder, and he’s holding a partially broken umbrella which is additionally bending backwards due to the winds. This dude is barely moving at all due to the winds but he “crashes” into some garbage bags doing approximately half a mile per hour. He grumbles something then adjusts himself back on the bike. Mind you, the drenched cigarette never left his mouth and the phone never left his ear/raised shoulder. This is Japan.

:LOL:

Another fun one just a few minutes ago:

I’m getting on the train and, as usual, some people (usually the elderly) dash to get an empty seat. An older man procures his but then stabs his umbrella into the seat in front of him. I walk towards the area but with no intention of sitting in the stabbed seat. However, he looks a bit nervous then drives his umbrella even harder into the seat in front of him. He was doing that as a way to save it for his slower moving wife. The tension and nervousness leave his shoulders as his wife arrives and sits in the formerly skewered seat.

Typical Japan which never reached a Lonely Planet guide I bet.

• Like 1

A West Salem, Wisconsin man, while out on bond for offense #9, gets nailed for #10. He blew a 0.368%

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 3

The innumeracy of Skip Bayless and the mathematically challenged who liked this despite the complete lack of logical skills used.

"QUESTION: If as FBI found, the only noose that has been hanging as a door pull (since Oct) in 1,684 garage stalls across 29 tracks - and the only one in 43 Talladega stalls - HOW DID BUBBA WALLACE GET ASSIGNED TO THAT STALL??? ODDS ARE BILLIONS AGAINST IT. IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENCE"

• Like 2

The innumeracy of Skip Bayless and the mathematically challenged who liked this despite the complete lack of logical skills used.

"QUESTION: If as FBI found, the only noose that has been hanging as a door pull (since Oct) in 1,684 garage stalls across 29 tracks - and the only one in 43 Talladega stalls - HOW DID BUBBA WALLACE GET ASSIGNED TO THAT STALL??? ODDS ARE BILLIONS AGAINST IT. IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENCE"

Remember, it happened in 2020, so the odds are...

one in 1684x29x43x2020, or one in 4,241,894,950

What's the problem?

• Like 2

What's the problem?

Damn this New Math! So hard to keep up with . . .

• Like 1

The innumeracy of Skip Bayless ....

Sorry, my good man, but I’m giving you a :facepalm: just for paying any attention to that idiot. ;)

• Like 3

What's the problem?

Damn this New Math! So hard to keep up with . . .

Good thing Bubba didn't convert to Judaism and decide to run Xfinity in addition to Cup, the odds would have increased by a factor of more than 5!

I was just futzing around on YouTube this morning and decided to check out this slack-jawed millenial "reacting" to 2112. I thought it was cool to see young people enjoying Rush. as the video began he told us he was going to be listening to "twenty one thousand one hundred and twelve" I closed the window. I mean, I just couldn't. Why did he not do at least a little research before recording the video?

I was just futzing around on YouTube this morning and decided to check out this slack-jawed millenial "reacting" to 2112. I thought it was cool to see young people enjoying Rush. as the video began he told us he was going to be listening to "twenty one thousand one hundred and twelve" I closed the window. I mean, I just couldn't. Why did he not do at least a little research before recording the video?

He was probably joking....I hope

• Like 1

The innumeracy of Skip Bayless ....

Sorry, my good man, but I’m giving you a :facepalm: just for paying any attention to that idiot. ;)

I guess we can just call him Skip Bayes-less.

[i'm not much for ranting about stuff that is happening in the world, but today, something really ticked me off]

My local newspaper has an article about a local pediatrician and a child psychologist who are offering guidance to parents when it comes to teaching their young children about racism.

They used a new label that I've never seen before: "BIPOC families" (Black, Indigenous and People Of Color). :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yet another insipid label to define, categorize and segregate human beings. Don't we have enough problems with people calling each other minorities, Black, White, LGBT ? These alleged "professionals" are obviously unaware of how they're just perpetuating the problem.

Language is everything when it comes to social and cultural change and/or progress. Without exception, every word or phrase that we utter conveys a specific meaning, a specific idea. If we keep calling other human beings minorities or BIPOC's, then they will always be minorities or BIPOC's (instead of our fellow human beings) and we will always be in competition and conflict with each other.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

[i'm not much for ranting about stuff that is happening in the world, but today, something really ticked me off]

My local newspaper has an article about a local pediatrician and a child psychologist who are offering guidance to parents when it comes to teaching their young children about racism.

They used a new label that I've never seen before: "BIPOC families" (Black, Indigenous and People Of Color). :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yet another insipid label to define, categorize and segregate human beings. Don't we have enough problems with people calling each other minorities, Black, White, LGBT ? These alleged "professionals" are obviously unaware of how they're just perpetuating the problem.

Language is everything when it comes to social and cultural change and/or progress. Without exception, every word or phrase that we utter conveys a specific meaning, a specific idea. If we keep calling other human beings minorities or BIPOC's, then they will always be minorities or BIPOC's (instead of our fellow human beings) and we will always be in competition and conflict with each other.

Agreed. White people aren't white anymore than black people are black. Enough with the obsession over color, ethnicity, national origin...
  • Like 2

Agreed. White people aren't white anymore than black people are black. Enough with the obsession over color, ethnicity, national origin...

Says the guy whose signature pits Belgian against Belgian.

;)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Says the guy whose signature pits Belgian against Belgian.

;)

There can be only ONE!!

BlueMoon-BelgianWhite.png?itok=AonO8W6_

• Like 3

Some dude now is open mouth coughing up a storm on a busy morning train. When he’s done he pulls his mask over his mouth. (Yup he had one the whole time but it was tucked under his chin...seems almost like a fashion trend lately). None of the other commuters say a thing but everyone looks at him as if he’s vermin. He continues tapping away at his smartphone and coughing (pulling his mask so that there’s space between his mouth and the mask with each cough), oblivious to the world.

Some dude now is open mouth coughing up a storm on a busy morning train. When he’s done he pulls his mask over his mouth. (Yup he had one the whole time but it was tucked under his chin...seems almost like a fashion trend lately). None of the other commuters say a thing but everyone looks at him as if he’s vermin. He continues tapping away at his smartphone and coughing (pulling his mask so that there’s space between his mouth and the mask with each cough), oblivious to the world.

Do you suppose that in, oh, 1351, some dumbass climbed aboard the serf wagon on its way to market, feeling pretty low and a little concerned about the sores and the swelling in his armpits and groin, but still determined to carry on and get as close as possible to every one he could? Is this just how humans are?

The commuters should have said something.

They’re Japanese. They just don’t do that. Nobody wants to disrupt the flow ((connected to Zen Buddhism)) and cause a disturbance even when there’s someone clearly in the wrong.

They’re Japanese. They just don’t do that. Nobody wants to disrupt the flow ((connected to Zen Buddhism)) and cause a disturbance even when there’s someone clearly in the wrong.

I guess I could’ve said something but then I would’ve been the foreign guy creating an uncomfortable atmosphere...even though they would’ve recognized that that dude was (actually) in the wrong.

And just thinking more about that...I’d bet money that he would’ve ignored me by either looking away or down or at his smartphone or just pretend to be sleeping.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze