What Made You Do A Facepalm Today??

Principled Man

So to combat Covid, our large government organization is implementing work from home. I'm an IT guy. Today we were sent home with our laptops so we could do that. Late today, I got a text message from my boss that a health related division of our government wants me at their location from 8-10am tomorrow. This division is the same division preaching 'stay safe, stay home', but I guess that doesn't apply when they need their IT security blankey. It's alot of people in one building (you know the large groups of people we are supposed to avoid). On top of this, I'm in the older demographic with diabetes and considered higher risk for Covid.

This division also called me into work Sunday morning to set up some equipment and wasted two hours of my time by not transporting their hardware. Sorry folks, no hardware to pull out of my butt. And they had me back Monday morning first thing, 'just in case'. Monday morning, i did nothing for a hour and bailed. Tomorrow is no assignment, but 'just in case'. I used to work at this division and I'm like their security blanket for a 2 year old (they are hopelessly needy).

At some point I would think the highly educated people of this division would realize they're contradicting the advice their handing out and realize they're not making any f***ing difference whatsoever. Folks, working in government is truly like working in a f***ing Dilbert cartoon.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

A neighbor of a relative offered to run any errands for them, since their city is in "shelter in place" lockdown. Nice enough, but in talking to my relative I find out the person called others with the similar offer and spent this afternoon going from house to house bringing many people stuff face to face. Sheesh.

A neighbor of a relative offered to run any errands for them, since their city is in "shelter in place" lockdown. Nice enough, but in talking to my relative I find out the person called others with the similar offer and spent this afternoon going from house to house bringing many people stuff face to face. Sheesh.

It seems the person's heart is in the right place. They probably figured as long as they weren't sick what they were doing was fine.

• Like 3

It seems the person's heart is in the right place. They probably figured as long as they weren't sick what they were doing was fine.

I was thinking the exact same thing

• Like 2

I know, and it is was a wonderful gesture, but it was still kind of worrisome. I doubt if it will turn out to be an actual problem and I'm probably worse. We keep having to run around town and pick up stuff my kid didn't think of (thermometer, prescriptions) because she really is in isolation in her apt. A coworker tested positive a few days ago so my daughter put herself in lockdown in her apt.

I'm going to the supermarket tomorrow morning and that will keep me in apt till April first when it's time to do my banking and such. I have to get a box of curly florescent bulbs.

3i9UN2D.gif

A follow up about having to be dragged into work this morning for two hours "just in case". As I thought...one minor problem I dealt with in 5 minutes that could've been fixed over the phone or email. The other hour & 55 minutes....nothing.

FML

Elvis has left the building bitches.

Some dooshbag customer opened up almost all the containers of fresh raspberries and handled all of them. He even sampled a couple.

Another customer saw him do it and reported him to an employee, but the guy got away.

We had to throw the raspberries out.

Some dooshbag customer opened up almost all the containers of fresh raspberries and handled all of them. He even sampled a couple.

Another customer saw him do it and reported him to an employee, but the guy got away.

What a damn waste

Was this at Woodman’s??

Was this at Woodman’s??

it was at the Sam’s Club, where I work.

My Mr. Coffee breathed its last, won't pump water despite tinkering and cleaning. Will get new coffee machine tomorrow before hitting Whole Foods for provisions. But I'm surly af without my morning cup or two of Joe. :blaze:
  • Like 1

Prime Minister Abe’s grand plan to slow coronavirus is to allocate two masks per household. And it’ll ONLY cost $400,000,000. 2 masks?!! What if there are more the 2 people in the house?! Nope, 2 masks. Oh, and they won’t be shipped until the end of April.

It’s the most idiotic plan I’ve heard yet.

https://japantoday.com/category/politics/no-masking-the-mockery-japan-two-mask-pledge-ripped-online

I love that in the pic the finance minister is fumbling to put on his mask.

Meanwhile trains are still packed since nothing is closed except schools. So kids just cluster in malls, cafes, and parks.

• Like 1

Last evening Osaka prefecture decided to follow Tokyo’s footsteps in keeping schools closed until May. This morning, Osaka prefecture decided to reopen the schools on a limited basis. For example, for 3 grades (high school freshmen, sophomores, seniors) only one would be at the school at a time. And that grade would be split in half, morning and afternoon sessions. And the actual classes would be split in half —> 20 students to allow for their perception of social distancing. That’s 20 kids in a class and 180 kids at school at a time. Add about 70 or so teachers and staff and you’ve got a total of 250+ in the building. It’s safe!!! Yeah uh huh. Oh, and the classes would be ‘special’ and not exactly follow the curriculum due to the situation. It means there’ll be some self-study involved in the classes. If it’s a lot of self-study then why the f**k are they even coming back?!! Stay the f**k home!!! What kind of decision making is this?!

This country couldn’t be any more embarrassing these days.

• Like 1

Cheer up you could be in the States, with the keystone kops running around while saying they've got it under control :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Cheer up you could be in the States, with the keystone kops running around while saying they've got it under control :facepalm:

The one great thing here is that nobody’s gonna clothesline me for the last roll of toilet paper like they might stateside. Not yet anyway.

Last evening Osaka prefecture decided to follow Tokyo’s footsteps in keeping schools closed until May. This morning, Osaka prefecture decided to reopen the schools on a limited basis. For example, for 3 grades (high school freshmen, sophomores, seniors) only one would be at the school at a time. And that grade would be split in half, morning and afternoon sessions. And the actual classes would be split in half —> 20 students to allow for their perception of social distancing. That’s 20 kids in a class and 180 kids at school at a time. Add about 70 or so teachers and staff and you’ve got a total of 250+ in the building. It’s safe!!! Yeah uh huh. Oh, and the classes would be ‘special’ and not exactly follow the curriculum due to the situation. It means there’ll be some self-study involved in the classes. If it’s a lot of self-study then why the f**k are they even coming back?!! Stay the f**k home!!! What kind of decision making is this?!

Sorry to hear about this. You'd think that there would be stricter guidelines/rules/whatever just due to your proximity to Wuhan. Hang in there.

At least you're not in Cambodia. Those poor bastards are f*cked. From denial to disaster.

Sorry to hear about this. You'd think that there would be stricter guidelines/rules/whatever just due to your proximity to Wuhan. Hang in there.

At least you're not in Cambodia. Those poor bastards are f*cked. From denial to disaster.

Less than 24 hours before the entrance ceremony for freshmen, they canceled all classes and school clubs. In addition, no students are permitted on campus for whatsoever reason until the second week of May. Finally some sensible choices! But these weren’t the choices of Prime Minister Abe, Osaka’s governor, or even the prefectural Board of Education. Depending on which entity we’re talking about, they can’t OR don’t make that kind of decision. Essentially, my school principal decided. All the work they created for themselves over the previous couple of weeks due to the plan to have limited classes was scrapped due to the canceling of everything. It’s not nothing but it IS the better choice to postpone all lessons and school activities.

[side note: Residents are still going anywhere despite what the news reports. If it’s open, they’ll go. Some businesses are (wisely) voluntarily closing temporarily. Kids gather by the dozens in parks and are having a grand old time. I pass them every day when I go home. Japan’s still in denial by many despite the number of cases increasing on a daily basis...5 times the amount yesterday compared to just last Friday.]

Yes, countries like Cambodia would be totally f***ed on multiple levels.

What does this all mean to you in regards to your past decision to retire abroad, specifically Cambodia?

• Like 2

I saw this this morning, too...abhorrent.

But not surprising. The Human Stupidity Pandemic is far worse and far more common than any viral pandemic.

• Like 1

A pre-algebra student challenging me that he should have an A in math, yet not understanding that completing only three of four assignments results in a grade of 75%.
  • Like 4