Would Dave Grohl Replace Neil on Drums for Rush

snowdogged

I agree with Dave, he isn't capable of playing drums to the level of Neil. I'm a big fan of Foo Fighters but it's been obvious for years he's more of a guitarist/vocalist than a drummer.

Dave's drumming is of that ever satisfying powerhouse variety. If he really pushed himself, he could probably do Bonham some justice on his heavier tracks, but Peart as Dave says is a whole different animal. Dave just doesn't play in that complicated, dizzying manner. He's about getting your head to move, and his true talent behind the kit is writing simple parts that carry a song (In Bloom, Everlong, My Hero, etc.).

Now the Foo Fighter's real drummer, Taylor Hawkins? He might be able to pull off some Peart.

• Like 2

I agree with Dave, he isn't capable of playing drums to the level of Neil. I'm a big fan of Foo Fighters but it's been obvious for years he's more of a guitarist/vocalist than a drummer.

Dave's drumming is of that ever satisfying powerhouse variety. If he really pushed himself, he could probably do Bonham some justice on his heavier tracks, but Peart as Dave says is a whole different animal. Dave just doesn't play in that complicated, dizzying manner. He's about getting your head to move, and his true talent behind the kit is writing simple parts that carry a song (In Bloom, Everlong, My Hero, etc.).

Now the Foo Fighter's real drummer, Taylor Hawkins? He might be able to pull off some Peart.

As a replacement for Neil with his drumming style it wouldn't be a good fit. But he's definitely improve on Geddy's stage banter.

Not everyone automatically likes Fool Fighters and a lot wouldn't be happy with this upstart suddenly getting settled behind the RUSH kit. I doubt any long-time RUSH fan would be happy with the idea to be honest. Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

He already turned down the Heartbreakers before he was with the Foo Fighters and they would have been a much easier job. Why would he join Rush now that he's got a wildly successful band?

For a limited-show mini-tour, why not?

He already turned down the Heartbreakers before he was with the Foo Fighters and they would have been a much easier job. Why would he join Rush now that he's got a wildly successful band?

For a limited-show mini-tour, why not?

Why not

Could be good fun.

Surely ged and alex realize that use it or losing it is for real...

• Like 1

Not everyone automatically likes Fool Fighters and a lot wouldn't be happy with this upstart suddenly getting settled behind the RUSH kit. I doubt any long-time RUSH fan would be happy with the idea to be honest.

Don’t call it Rush then I’ll attend the show. #Hologram

Not everyone automatically likes Fool Fighters and a lot wouldn't be happy with this upstart suddenly getting settled behind the RUSH kit. I doubt any long-time RUSH fan would be happy with the idea to be honest.

Nah, go ahead and call it Rush. They've had new guys in the band before, especially at that position. Just find a fill in. Other bands have survived the loss of key members like Denny Upham or Ronny Pudding, or Ross MacLachlan and survived, they've even had drummers spontaneously combust, Rush can do it too.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Nah, go ahead and call it Rush. They've had new guys in the band before, especially at that position. Just find a fill in. Other bands have survived the loss of key members like Denny Hogan or Ronny Pudding, or Ross MacLachlan and survived, they've even had drummers spontaneously combust, Rush can do it too.

:goodone:
  • Like 1

When Geddy and Al find another drummer, it will not be Rush.

It will be something else.

There is no more Rush.

• Like 3

I don’t care whether they call it Rush or not. I just want to see Geddy and Alex (and any drummer who can do it) on stage again playing the songs that I love.
  • Like 3

I thought he would be thrilled to at least give it a shot.

Stewart Copeland steps up to the plate...