Why another 2212 remastered version

rugen

Why another remastered version of 2112 available in December? What's wrong with the original Lp and the other cd versions out in the past years? Is it another way of making money on Rush fans? :rage:
  • Like 1

2CD and 3LP highlights:

* Original Album Remastered at Abbey Road Studios - First Time on CD

* 5 Newly Recorded Covers from Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nick Raskulinecz, Billy Talent, Steven Wilson, Alice In Chains, Jacob Moon

* Live Archive Outtakes from MASSEY HALL 1976

DVD Features:

* Newly Restored Video & Audio of CAPITOL THEATRE 1976 Concert

* In Studio Performances by BILLY TALENT and

* Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nick Raskulinecz

* 25+ Minute New Interview with ALEX LIFESON and TERRY BROWN

Vinyl Extras:

* 2015 Red Star Vinyl Hologram

* Red Star + Circuit Board Vinyl Image Etching on Side Six

* Starman Turntable Mat

Super Deluxe Extras (includes 2CD/DVD and 3LP sets)

* Hugh Syme's Original Starman Pencil Sketch Litho

* Massey Hall June 1976 Ticket Stub Litho

* Massey Hall June 1976 Handbill

* Three Collector Buttons

* First 1,000 fans will get an exclusive THE TWILIGHT ZON

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCZQI6Y?tag=rushisaband-20

Edited by rugen
  • Like 3

Billy Talent?

I guess they are only invited as they are Canadian...but...I dunno...the high pitched vocals might work but what an odd lineup for those covers.

I won't be buying this. Very confused by the point of this release so soon after the last reissue.

Retirement Fund.

Yep. Hate to sound cynical but that's how it smells to me too.

I am interested to hear the Steven Wilson cover of Twilight Zone though. ;)

Edited by catherine
  • Like 1

I believe all the "anniversary" releases are record company prompted. Let's face it, every single album release is a cash grab of some type. The music business is in the business of selling products. It shouldn't be a reflection on the artist. You don't like it? You can't afford it? Don't buy it. Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

I already help so many rock artists' retirement funds and after all I see no reason why I should not help this Canadian guys as well....

It remains their worst release ever anyway.

Edited by geezer

$$$$$$$Cha-ching$$$$$$$

One of these days, after the completists are dead and gone, their kids or grandkids are going to be stuck with a whole lot of the same things that will end up in a landfill somewhere because no one will want it.

Think about that the next time there is a remaster, or re-release of something you already have 2 or 3 of.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

* Starman Turntable Mat

What's a turntable mat?

This is the best photo I could find of one. The turntable itself is metal-the steel rotating part with the dots around the edge. You wouldn't put your vinyl on just that, so they come with a floppy rubber mat (the one here says Audio-technica) that sits on top of them and that is where you actually put your record. (OK, the one in the photo might be felt fabric . . .)

I grew up with stereos/vinyl/turntables and never even thought of the mat as being a separate thing; I've never even thought about it until your question. Kind of a genius marketing move on someone's part ! :D

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/3321302ld.jpg

Edited by blueschica

Not certain if I will get this. I have the album on vinyl & CD. The part about the footage from a 1976 concert at the Capital Theatre interests me however. If its just one song it may not tempt me enough. If its a good portion of a show, now thats an entire different matter.

If it was basically ATWAS (or at least most of it) on DVD, in decent quality, than I would definitely contribute to the guys retirement fun and buy this.

Billy Talent?

I guess they are only invited as they are Canadian...but...I dunno...the high pitched vocals might work but what an odd lineup for those covers.

I won't be buying this. Very confused by the point of this release so soon after the last reissue.

Who cares if you don,t buy it?, geeeez

Not certain if I will get this. I have the album on vinyl & CD. The part about the footage from a 1976 concert at the Capital Theatre interests me however. If its just one song it may not tempt me enough. If its a good portion of a show, now thats an entire different matter.

If it was basically ATWAS (or at least most of it) on DVD, in decent quality, than I would definitely contribute to the guys retirement fun and buy this.

I've seen that complete set before; I want to say it was 35-40 minutes long, something like that.

I would so totally buy this whole set. There's not much in the world of Rush merch and reissue onslaught that I have gone for.

The part about the footage from a 1976 concert at the Capital Theatre interests me however. If its just one song it may not tempt me enough. If its a good portion of a show, now thats an entire different matter.

It's been on YouTube for years.

It is a full show, but a support slot. Basically sides 1 and 2 of ATWAS minus Something For Nothing.