• Please log in to reply
1802 replies to this topic

#21 Daylin

Daylin

Mapquest

• Members
  • 10085 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Oberon @ Jul 18 2005, 09:14 PM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

user posted image

wub.gif

Imagine if you can loving a child so much...and not knowing what his favorite color is, or what he wants to do today, or what song he wants to sing.  That's what it's like.  He hugs me, he needs me...but I don't KNOW him.  And more than anything, that's what I want.  Just to know him.

Oh Belle,

Now I'm praying double time for your son and you....and your family!

rose.gif  heart.gif  wub.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 Trance

Trance

AeonFlux kick

• Members *
  • 5973 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:54 PM

I am also praying so hard for you and your boy GG  smile.gif Please keep us posted, and also updated with your progress as far as your theory goes? I am in the medical field and hope to one day be a PA...so anything like this fascinates me and I hope that it works out for you guys  smile.gif  

#23 barney_rebel

barney_rebel

The Camera Guy

• 26842 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:58 PM

GG - I will be thinking of you and your son tonight and all day tomorrow.  I hope this works out for him! wub.gif

#24 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21845 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, dreaming...

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Trance @ Jul 18 2005, 09:54 PM)
I am also praying so hard for you and your boy GG  smile.gif Please keep us posted, and also updated with your progress as far as your theory goes? I am in the medical field and hope to one day be a PA...so anything like this fascinates me and I hope that it works out for you guys  smile.gif

Definitely, Trance.  Thanks.

Thanks again, you guys.  wub.gif

#25 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10866 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

GG, words can't express it.  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear what the Dr says.  cheer.gif Oh My God, how I pray something can be done.   angel.gif Your courage amazes me.  Big hugs for you and your family.   heart.gif -RB

btw - my son, Timothy (who also has autism) turned 6 yesterday...as soon as i outsmart my camera   tongue.gif , i'll post some pics.   wub.gif  

#26 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21845 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 18 2005, 10:27 PM)
GG, words can't express it.  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear what the Dr says.  cheer.gif Oh My God, how I pray something can be done.   angel.gif Your courage amazes me.  Big hugs for you and your family.   heart.gif -RB

btw - my son, Timothy (who also has autism) turned 6 yesterday...as soon as i outsmart my camera   tongue.gif , i'll post some pics.   wub.gif

Bonzy, you're the first one I thought of when I posted this.  I will most definitely keep you posted.

wub.gif  

#27 happysmiles007

happysmiles007

Every nerve aware...

• Members *
  • 2993 posts
  • Interests:football. music. horseback riding.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

hugs for you two, RB & GG..  wub.gif  

#28 sullysue

sullysue

Arriving Somewhere...

• Members *
  • 15182 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jul 18 2005, 11:17 PM)
hugs for you two, RB & GG..  wub.gif

Ditto that, sisters.  heart.gif  

#29 esmeralda

esmeralda

Cinderella in wooden shoes

• Members
  • 4315 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 09:20 PM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

user posted image

wub.gif

Imagine if you can loving a child so much...and not knowing what his favorite color is, or what he wants to do today, or what song he wants to sing.  That's what it's like.  He hugs me, he needs me...but I don't KNOW him.  And more than anything, that's what I want.  Just to know him.

I wish you and your family all the love and strength you need GG!  heart.gif
He's such an adorable and sweet boy, I can imagine that this must hurt you so much!
I hope you finally get the help you need so much..

#30 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21845 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 18 2005, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 03:31 PM)
This may not affect too many people here, but for a long, long time I've been researching a possible connection between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, and autism.  I have lots and lots of articles to back this up, and while I don't know if it's too late to help my son, if you are a parent, please take note of what I'll periodically post here.  This is a scary issue, and I would feel awful if I didn't share what I'm learning.

I'll post links here as I have time, for those who are interested.

Also, we have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who believes this to be a true scenario, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we're seeking help while my son is still young enough to benefit from the treatments.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll post some links to articles/research as soon as I can.

(Thimerosal is no longer in vaccines at such alarming levels, but it DOES still exist.  My son was given vaccines containing this vile substance in amounts far exceeding FDA guidelines in 2000-2001.)

ohmy.gif

It would be interesting to read those in relation to my son's Aspergers. I'm wondering if it's related to Tourettes as well?

WTF is Thimerasol? I'll have to search that unsure.gif

Dweez...I meant to respond to this before...

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that was used in many common vaccinations (including the DTaP and HIB vaccines).  Did you son receive these or other vaccinations?  If so, it's worth considering that his Asperger's could have roots in that.

I'll post more stuff about Asperger's here, too.  I have a lot of experience with that as well.

The Tourette's is closely linked, I'm sure.  It's very common for individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) to have Tourettes.

heart.gif

#31 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

A modern day warrior

• Members *
  • 11833 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 07:20 PM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

user posted image

wub.gif

Having a son practically the same age as you do GG, knowing the magnitude of love that you and I feel for our children, your statement - Imagine if you can loving a child so much...and not knowing what his favorite color is, or what he wants to do today, or what song he wants to sing.  That's what it's like.  He hugs me, he needs me...but I don't KNOW him.  And more than anything, that's what I want.  Just to know him.
My heart is weighted for you, all my prayers for you and for your son - that the desire you have be granted. A simple desire. Please keep us posted on this.

#32 Huck

Huck

Abductee

• Members *
  • 8838 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, history, fishing, soccer, NFL, having a beer, pool, country walks, body (boogie) boarding.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 19 2005, 03:20 AM)
How old is your son?

He's almost 5 1/2

user posted image

wub.gif

GG I really hope with all my heart this works for your son, and Rolinda's son too yes.gif

#33 My_Shrimp_Cot

My_Shrimp_Cot

The Beaker

• Members *
  • 1572 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:15 PM

Me too. With all my heart.  heart.gif  

#34 Slacker

Slacker

The Paradise of Milk

• Members *
  • 10649 posts
  • Interests:Throwing things.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

Maybe this has to do with me maturing , but these post are bringing tears to my eyes...I will pray hard for you and your families GG and Rolinda, But i take solace in knowing that these children have possibly to of the most loving parents a child with this inflicktion could have... God Bless you and yours...

#35 Mrs. Huck Rogers

Mrs. Huck Rogers

Alien Among Us

• Members *
  • 19657 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 19 2005, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 18 2005, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 18 2005, 03:31 PM)
This may not affect too many people here, but for a long, long time I've been researching a possible connection between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, and autism.  I have lots and lots of articles to back this up, and while I don't know if it's too late to help my son, if you are a parent, please take note of what I'll periodically post here.  This is a scary issue, and I would feel awful if I didn't share what I'm learning.

I'll post links here as I have time, for those who are interested.

Also, we have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor who believes this to be a true scenario, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we're seeking help while my son is still young enough to benefit from the treatments.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll post some links to articles/research as soon as I can.

(Thimerosal is no longer in vaccines at such alarming levels, but it DOES still exist.  My son was given vaccines containing this vile substance in amounts far exceeding FDA guidelines in 2000-2001.)

ohmy.gif

It would be interesting to read those in relation to my son's Aspergers. I'm wondering if it's related to Tourettes as well?

WTF is Thimerasol? I'll have to search that unsure.gif

Dweez...I meant to respond to this before...

Thimerosal is a mercury-based preservative that was used in many common vaccinations (including the DTaP and HIB vaccines).  Did you son receive these or other vaccinations?  If so, it's worth considering that his Asperger's could have roots in that.

I'll post more stuff about Asperger's here, too.  I have a lot of experience with that as well.

The Tourette's is closely linked, I'm sure.  It's very common for individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) to have Tourettes.

heart.gif

Thanks GG heart.gif

I feel so lucky that Max is able to talk to me and function. It's sometimes frustrating with the OCD etc. but it could be a lot worse. yes.gif

Sending love and light to you and your son.

You as well Rolinda heart.gif

#36 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21845 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:42 PM

I'm completely overwhelmed by this outpouring of good thoughts...I shouldn't be surprised, because you guys are just outstanding people.  heart.gif

Okay...doctor's visit went well.  She is new at this (actually she got into it because of a friend of hers with two autistic children) but is at least well-versed in the common theories of the day.  We spent a lot of time discussing the fact that the medical establishment doesn't want to believe that vaccinations (or the preservative therein) could've contributed to autism.  There are other theories, which I'll expound upon later.  Like I said, a definite genetic component exists - Stephen's father has Asperger's, so we don't have to wonder about that part.

Anyway...our adventure begins with two hair analyses: Stephen's hair from his first baby haircut (which I somehow managed to hold onto for five years) compared to a sample that we'll take in a couple of weeks.  Both samples will be tested for the presence of toxins, specifically heavy metals like lead and mercury.  And it's a bit surprising to realize that what we're actually looking for is an extremely LOW level of mercury in the baby hair.  The idea is that, if, as we suspect, Stephen's body can't excrete toxins like mercury, there should be a below average amount in his baby hair - so we'll be able to correctly assume that instead of excreting it, it migrated to his brain, where it more than likely wreaked havoc on his development.

Here is ONE link for this afternoon...http://www.healing-arts.org/children/holmes.htm#results.  There's a table embedded in that page with data regarding results, which is encouraging to say the least---the younger the child, the better the results, it seems.

That link takes you to a fantastic article...those of you who are interested would find it an excellent, easy to read summary of the whole process.

Thanks again for your time and attention...this means SO much to me, to have people with whom to share this.  heart.gif

#37 sullysue

sullysue

Arriving Somewhere...

• Members *
  • 15182 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:56 PM

rose.gif

smile.gif  

#38 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21845 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

Oooops...one more GREAT link:

If you're not into an "all natural," or holistic lifestyle, don't let the "wellness" aura smile.gif of this article dissuade you.  Read on...trust me, my family eats way too much junk (that may be changing soon) but regardless, this information is worth checking out.  The book mentioned in this article, Evidence of Harm, is an excellent resource as well.  Written by a journalist with no clear ties to either side, it presents facts as well as any book I've seen.

Anyhoo...the link: http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/autism.htm

#39 CygnusX-1Bk2

CygnusX-1Bk2

Certified Verbal Ass Kicker

• 3229 posts
  • Interests:Music (sometimes more than a hobby, it's paid the bills at times).
    Sound recording, which is also my job.
    Baseball.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

heart.gif

Good thoughts.

rose.gif  

#40 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:20 PM

GG, you have my thoughts and prayers with you too, and I look forward to you updating us when you get more information.

This might seem like a really dumb and maybe very obvious question, but since they started removing the large quantities of that metal from vaccinations in 2001, have cases of autism among children dropped dramatically, or at all?  I just thought that would be the most obvious verification of this theory...

peace & love,
gary
heart.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users