last movie you watched

sonicjams

Zootopia/Zootropolis (depending which side of the Atlantic you are from)

The best Disney animation since, perhaps, The Lion King. Masterpiece. 10/10

I watched it twice, I love it so much!

• Like 1

fast times at ridgemount high

:codger: I always thought the teacher, Mr. Hand, was hilarious! One of the reasons why was because when I was growing up, he was the martian uncle on this show, "My Favorite Martian" ! :codger: ( I think I actually like him because he's a good actor.)

• Like 3

More than a great leading cast. FOTY? Maybe. The last time I had a theater experience as close to as good as this one was with NIghtcrawler.

http://www.theniceguysmovie.com/assets/the-nice-guys-facebook-share.jpg

• Like 1

Wolf Children

EagleMoon, JohnnyBlaze and others who enjoy Miyazaki films, I highly recommend this anime! One of the best I have ever seen, and it's not from Studio Ghibli.

Tender and charming and achingly beautiful.

• Like 1

Wolf Children

EagleMoon, JohnnyBlaze and others who enjoy Miyazaki films, I highly recommend this anime! One of the best I have ever seen, and it's not from Studio Ghibli.

http://cine-invisible.blogs.fotogramas.es/files/2013/01/N1.jpg

Yeah, that's "Okami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki" ((Wolf Children Ame & Yuki)). I haven't seen it but I know the premise...which sounds like something I'd like.

• Like 2

Wolf Children

Yeah, that's "Okami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki" ((Wolf Children Ame & Yuki)). I haven't seen it but I know the premise...which sounds like something I'd like.

I have held of seeing it for a couple of years now, as I only sort of enjoyed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I decided to try it and was bowled over! I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

Wolf Children

I have held of seeing it for a couple of years now, as I only sort of enjoyed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I decided to try it and was bowled over! I LOVE IT!

I didn't even know this one existed. Glad you liked it so much. I'll have to try and find it. Have you seen The Wind Rises and/or When Marnie Was There?

• Like 1

Wolf Children

I didn't even know this one existed. Glad you liked it so much. I'll have to try and find it. Have you seen The Wind Rises and/or When Marnie Was There?

The Wind Rises is beautiful!

But I have yet to sit down and watch these three Ghibli:

When Marnie Was Here

From Up On Poppy Hill

The Tale Of Princess Kaguya

Also, EagleMoon, there is a new and extremely talented young anime director named Makoto Shinkai who directed a fantasy that pays strong homage to the beauty of Ghibli, called The Children Who Chase Lost Voices. It is a splendid visual feast, very much in the vein of Laputa: Castle In The Sky and Princess Mononoke,but Shinkai is famous for his deep melancholy and he ensures that his film is both a tribute and it's own grand adventure in his special style. I am cold to most of his films but his visual style is second to none, and this is a really beautiful adventure!

Also, again, Wolf Children is a masterpiece. I am head over heels in love with it! (To a lesser extent, I recommend the director, Mamoru Hosoda's, earlier works, the charming high school time travel romance The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and the pretty awesome Summer Wars).

I am extremely picky with anime. I am no expert, but I know what I appreciate in Japanese anime and I have to share these titles! They left a long lasting impression!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1