last movie you watched

sonicjams

Interstellar

I can't decide if this was genius or piffle. It's either a 10 or a 0. It blew me away but wow is it overblown...

Either way, it was a slow and absorbing film with great performances and stunning production. I loved it but I sort of think maybe it was too preposterous for its own good.

Genius and pretentious. A great mix.

But...you need to see it for yourself. I can't work out what I feel about it...strange.

I will be seeing this one again, either way.

(I had nothing else to do as I am currently all shades of sick).

I felt that way about it too. Sloooooow but interesting. Sorry to hear that you're sick. That sucks.

Interstellar

I can't decide if this was genius or piffle. It's either a 10 or a 0. It blew me away but wow is it overblown...

Either way, it was a slow and absorbing film with great performances and stunning production. I loved it but I sort of think maybe it was too preposterous for its own good.

The same was said about 2001: A Space Odyssey - one of the best films ever made.

The word "pretentious" is often used to describe something that isn't dumbed down. The makers of Interstellar went out of their way to not dumb down the story. They even consulted the world's best experts on black holes to make the story as scientifically accurate as possible. They had confidence in their audience's ability to understand and enjoy the cosmology as well as the acting, action and special effects.

I, for one, appreciate having films NOT dumbed down. I don't like having to turn off my brain to enjoy a film.

Interstellar

The same was said about 2001: A Space Odyssey - one of the best films ever made.

The word "pretentious" is often used to describe something that isn't dumbed down. The makers of Interstellar went out of their way to not dumb down the story. They even consulted the world's best experts on black holes to make the story as scientifically accurate as possible. They had confidence in their audience's ability to understand and enjoy the cosmology as well as the acting, action and special effects.

I, for one, appreciate having films NOT dumbed down. I don't like having to turn off my brain to enjoy a film.

Yes!

I loved the experience. But I want to see it again...the key for me is whether a film has replay value, and I found the ending of this film extremely far fetched.

Crooklyn, directed by Spike Lee. I always end up watching it when I see it on TV because it has a totally awesome 70's R & B soundtrack! The movie is very touching as well.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_18.jpeg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Interstellar

Yes!

I loved the experience. But I want to see it again...the key for me is whether a film has replay value, and I found the ending of this film extremely far fetched.

I was interested up to the last 20 minutes or so.

I agree that it's "extremely far fetched". That ending ruined the whole thing for me.

Interstellar

Yes!

I agree that it's "extremely far fetched". That ending ruined the whole thing for me.

I still found it very enjoyable.

But the claims that this film is some hyper intelligent piece of film making makes me laugh. That ending is simply ridiculous.

But it won points from me for simply trying to be something more than just another action blockbuster.

Interstellar

Yes!

But the claims that this film is some hyper intelligent piece of film making makes me laugh. That ending is simply ridiculous.

But it won points from me for simply trying to be something more than just another action blockbuster.

Well, Nolan doesn't make brainless, action blockbusters. So I knew it wasn't going to be one of those movies. He tries at least. I just haven't liked anything from him since 2008's Dark Knight. And don't get me started on Inception. Now THAT was boring as hell !

Interstellar

Yes!

Well, Nolan doesn't make brainless, action blockbusters. So I knew it wasn't going to be one of those movies. He tries at least. I just haven't liked anything from him since 2008's Dark Knight. And don't get me started on Inception. Now THAT was boring as hell !

I liked Inception on the big screen. It was no better or worse than The Matrix.

I don't like that much either!

• Like 1

Interstellar

Yes!

I liked Inception on the big screen. It was no better or worse than The Matrix.

I don't like that much either!

Yeah I hated Matrix. So it'd be much worse for me.

The Sandlot. First time I'd seen it. Cute kids movie.

Good movie for all ages.

I dislike baseball but anyone that played sports with neighborhood kids/classmates will easily find a connection. Even if you didn't, it's a fun movie.

Yeah I'm not a fan of baseball at all but I thought I'd give it a chance. Reminds me a bit of Stand By Me with bats and gloves.

The Sandlot. First time I'd seen it. Cute kids movie.

Good movie for all ages.

I dislike baseball but anyone that played sports with neighborhood kids/classmates will easily find a connection. Even if you didn't, it's a fun movie.

Yeah I'm not a fan of baseball at all but I thought I'd give it a chance. Reminds me a bit of Stand By Me with bats and gloves.

Can definitely see that.

• Like 1

"Jack Reacher". LOVE this flick!, gonna watch "Shooter" today. Another flick I love! Obviously, I like to see BAD PEOPLE get what they deserve, namely, DEATH IN A SPECTACULAR, BLOODY SPLATTTTTT! ERASED FROM THIS EARTH! :bang bang: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/rocketlauncher1.gif http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/biorifle.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

"Jack Reacher". LOVE this flick!, gonna watch "Shooter" today. Another flick I love! Obviously, I like to see BAD PEOPLE get what they deserve, namely, DEATH IN A SPECTACULAR, BLOODY SPLATTTTTT! ERASED FROM THIS EARTH! :bang bang: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/rocketlauncher1.gif http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/biorifle.gifhttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I love the car chase through the tunnel and in downtown Pittsburgh. Every time I drive through there I think of the movie.