last movie you watched

sonicjams

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the Burton/Depp one.

There's another one besides Burton's? Unless you're talking about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder?

Love Gene Wilder, hate the version/vision of the producer.

I see.

The way you worded it made me think there were 2 CHARLIE & the choco factories.

Yeah, I can see that...I'm always concerned about wording and such.... but no, there's only the Willy Wonka one and Burton's. Burton/Depp were VERY concerned about being as CLOSE to the original book as possible....

:banana:

Then why the hell didn't Burton use that mentality for Batman?!!!

I thought he did a pretty good job, if you're refering to making the character more 'DOable' ya know? within the realm of someone being able to actually 'de-Myth' the character. The writer(s) did a pretty good job of not making it too 'Campy'. I watched the '60 show at the time it was running, and bought the DVDs from someone on the net, so, bringing it more into a REAL world scenario was really a good thing for me at least. Nolan bettered that, so that is my favorite trio to date. Haven't seen Affleck's Batman yet, but it looks good from the trailers......

There's another one besides Burton's? Unless you're talking about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder?

I see.

Yeah, I can see that...I'm always concerned about wording and such.... but no, there's only the Willy Wonka one and Burton's. Burton/Depp were VERY concerned about being as CLOSE to the original book as possible....

I thought he did a pretty good job, if you're refering to making the character more 'DOable' ya know? within the realm of someone being able to actually 'de-Myth' the character. The writer(s) did a pretty good job of not making it too 'Campy'. I watched the '60 show at the time it was running, and bought the DVDs from someone on the net, so, bringing it more into a REAL world scenario was really a good thing for me at least. Nolan bettered that, so that is my favorite trio to date. Haven't seen Affleck's Batman yet, but it looks good from the trailers......

To me it seemed as if someone TOLD Burton about Batman THEN he made the movies ((instead of READING the source material THEN making the movies)). I read somewhere in the past that this isn't too far from the truth.

The 60s Batman tv show was so far from the comics that I can excuse it. Burton's Batman gave the illusion of realism with the illusion of remaining faithful to the source material too. Realism?...Burton?

I can imagine the crap he'll do with the live action remake of Dumbo in 2017.

With the exception of maybe a couple of movies ((Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one I really like)), I hate Burton's movies.

George Of The Jungle

I loved this film...cheesy and totally rubbish but good, stupid fun!

George Of The Jungle

I loved this film...cheesy and totally rubbish but good, stupid fun!

Hey, that was with the guy that you sometimes look like! :LOL:

Hahaha I know lol

I was told that as well whilst watching it with friends haha

I see.

To me it seemed as if someone TOLD Burton about Batman THEN he made the movies ((instead of READING the source material THEN making the movies)). I read somewhere in the past that this isn't too far from the truth.

The 60s Batman tv show was so far from the comics that I can excuse it. Burton's Batman gave the illusion of realism with the illusion of remaining faithful to the source material too. Realism?...Burton?

With the exception of maybe a couple of movies ((Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one I really like)), I hate Burton's movies.

It's always up you which story you believe. Anyone can lie, and I believe a LOT of people who like to feel important talk out of their ASS because they think they're the cats ass. My experience is that this is true most of the time. I'm

NOT a Burton Fan-boi, I take each subject as it's own stand alone piece. And I DON'T listen to other people's 'stories' because there's really no way for me to know their actual truthfulness. (Truthfulness is BIG to me. [boyscout Here]

I see.

Ed Wood is his best. Also, since I have an estranged father, Big Fish kind of hits home for me so I'm biased.

http://i68.tinypic.com/14w3yjc.jpg

Utterly wonderful, watched this with my children, loved it.

I bought this from Japan long before it came out in the west.

Love this film, a true modern classic and my vote for Miyazaki's most criminally overlooked masterpiece.

• Like 1

Love this film, a true modern classic and my vote for Miyazaki's most criminally overlooked masterpiece.

Its fantastic, unique original, cute in a way you don't see much in animated movies.

Quite spiritual too, I found. What else do you recommend by Miyazaki?

Its fantastic, unique original, cute in a way you don't see much in animated movies.

For kids?

Kiki's Delivery Service

Arriety (not directed, but same studio)

Howl's Moving Castle

Laputa: Castle In The Sky

Spirited Away

In all honesty, check out the Studio Ghibli filmography, watch trailers and pick from their...Pony is a gentle masterpiece and that goes for most of the companies films. But some are thematically more suited to older audiences (because they are complex, not inappropriate).

• Like 2

For kids?

Kiki's Delivery Service

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

In all honesty, check out the Studio Ghibli filmography, watch trailers and pick from their...Pony is a gentle masterpiece and that goes for most of the companies films. But some are thematically more suited to older audiences (because they are complex, not inappropriate).

Segue, how you gonna forget My Neighbor Totoro, bruh? Probably his most kid friendly film of all. :LOL:

• Like 1

For kids?

Kiki's Delivery Service

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

Segue, how you gonna forget My Neighbor Totoro, bruh? Probably his most kid friendly film of all. :LOL:

*hangs head in shame*

• Like 1

http://www.impulsegamer.com/dvd/kidsareallright01.jpg

Bening & Moore are in good form. Nice balance of comedy & drama with nothing overdone. Ruffalo does a capable job in a supporting role.

Segue, I think you'll like Moore here. She's serious and funny in all the right places.

• Like 1

http://saltodeeje.ideal.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/godzilla-2014-1024x576.jpg

I kept falling asleep.

I hated this. I saw it in the cinema and thought it was OK, but then I got the DVD and I was hit by the realisation that they actually tried to make Godzilla a serious movie...BORING!

Worse than Pacific Rim.

Cloverfield did a much better jobthan Godzilla (I love that movie).

http://saltodeeje.ideal.es/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/godzilla-2014-1024x576.jpg

I kept falling asleep.

I hated this. I saw it in the cinema and thought it was OK, but then I got the DVD and I was hit by the realisation that they actually tried to make Godzilla a serious movie...BORING!

Worse than Pacific Rim.

I liked Cloverfield. I've seen that a few times.

Pacific Rim was too cheesy for my taste buds but at least I didn't keep falling asleep.

• Like 1

I kept falling asleep.

Worse than Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim was too cheesy for my taste buds but at least I didn't keep falling asleep.

I know everyone likes to bash cheesy blockbusters like the original Godzilla or even Independence Day, but to be honest I would take them over the po-faced, dark and dank serious minded borefests of most modern blockbusters.

It's why I love Roland Emmerich films so much! I know what he provides is basic and I lap it up! If I want serious, if I want moving, if I want Tragedy, I don't look to monster movies like Godzilla.

I kept falling asleep.

Worse than Pacific Rim.

I know everyone likes to bash cheesy blockbusters like the original Godzilla or even Independence Day, but to be honest I would take them over the po-faced, dark and dank serious minded borefests of most modern blockbusters.

It's why I love Roland Emmerich films so much! I know what he provides is basic and I lap it up! If I want serious, if I want moving, if I want Tragedy, I don't look to monster movies like Godzilla.

The old Godzilla movies along with the original Ultraman tv episodes have a charm to them so I wouldn't rip them for being cheesy even though they are. IMHO, movies like Pacific Rim, Transformers, and Independence Day are overly cheesy AND have no heart. Having no heart is the worse bit. And that latest Godzilla flick didn't seem to have much of anything.

• Like 1

I kept falling asleep.

Worse than Pacific Rim.

The old Godzilla movies along with the original Ultraman tv episodes have a charm to them so I wouldn't rip them for being cheesy even though they are. IMHO, movies like Pacific Rim, Transformers, and Independence Day are overly cheesy AND have no heart. Having no heart is the worse bit. And that latest Godzilla flick didn't seem to have much of anything.

They are only cheesy because they fail to be legit epic in drama. Which is awful considering the budget spent that could have gone onto something worthwhile (like a new take on A Tale Of Two Cities (sorry but I love that book and it's been decades since a good attempt was made AND IT HAS ALL THE MAKINGS FOR A PROPER MASTERPIECE)).

Pollock- with Ed Harris and Marcia Gay Harden, about the abstract art painter. It was good! Not a lot of plot but the actors were great. Jackson Pollock's wife was much more influential in his career than I had realized.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/51Rbb3HU6jL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by blueschica