last movie you watched

sonicjams

220px-Nine_months.jpg

Great movie. One of two bona fide chick flicks that I love.

One of the best pieces of dialogue:

I'm pregnant.

What?

Pregnant?

Watch out!

(crash)

Well, I guess you

don't want the baby.

So, um...

we are absolutely certain

about this, right?

Well, my period's

6 days late.

Right.

And there's no way

you could have had it

and just not noticed?

Sorry. Ridiculous.

That was stupid. Stupid.

Could you be a little

more positive about this,

more supportive?

I'm trying to

be positive.

Killing us in a head-on

collision is not positive.

It must have been shock.

Out of the blue,

you say you're pregnant.

It was just

a little bit unexpected

was probably the reason

for the crash.

I thought you were

using birth control.

I was.

Great.

Oh...

you don't believe me!

No?

You think I got pregnant

behind your back.

No, no, no, no.

No, no, no.

Do you think

I planned this?

I'm as flipped out

as you are.

I suppose

I just thought

that birth control

had a little teeny element

of control about it.

Thought it was supposed

to be foolproof.

Nothing is foolproof.

It's only 95% effective.

It says so on the box.

Yeah. Right.

95% effective.

So 5% completely

bloody ineffective.

They should put that

on the box.

Edited by lerxt1990

Escape From Alcatraz.

Wonderful movie and I love the fact that we as an audience are on the island the whole time.

It's really well done.
  • Like 1

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

This scared me as a child. Which is why I have always loved it!

Amazing film first time round.

I saw it with my family in the cinema. When the head floated out of the wreck into view,

my Mothers's glass of Brandy went flying over the balcony.

Who ever it landed on must have had a heart-attack :LOL:

As a non-swimmer with a fear of sharks, it really scared me.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition)

I really enjoyed it! But it should be noted that this is more Peter Jackson's The Hobbit than Tolkiens.

Nothing wrong with that, but I wish a more faithful adaptation existed.

When it gets it right, it's fantastic. The embellishments are puzzling, but not unenjoyable.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it! But it should be noted that this is more Peter Jackson's The Hobbit than Tolkiens.

When it gets it right, it's fantastic. The embellishments are puzzling, but not unenjoyable.

I agree. Only thing really remotely Tolkien are the characters.

• Like 1

All in all, taken for what it is, I think it is great. Not perfect (far from it), but whimsical and enjoyable, and a bright alternative for someone like me who doesn't like Star Wars.

In all honesty, knowing that a lot of the extra story comes from appendices and passages of tales from unfinished manuscripts helps make the film better for me.

And also, having refreshed my mind with a reread, I noticed that Gandalf disappeared a lot in the story, which I think gave Peter Jackson the idea to embellish the story a little. I don't mind this, I can always enjoy reading the book again but I really enjoyed the films too.

I give this first installment a 7/10.

All in all, taken for what it is, I think it is great. Not perfect (far from it), but whimsical and enjoyable, and a bright alternative for someone like me who doesn't like Star Wars.

In all honesty, knowing that a lot of the extra story comes from appendices and passages of tales from unfinished manuscripts helps make the film better for me.

And also, having refreshed my mind with a reread, I noticed that Gandalf disappeared a lot in the story, which I think gave Peter Jackson the idea to embellish the story a little. I don't mind this, I can always enjoy reading the book again but I really enjoyed the films too.

When I watched the movie I didn't really get the same feel as when I read the book. The dwarves especially didn't strike me as right.

• Like 1

When I watched the movie I didn't really get the same feel as when I read the book. The dwarves especially didn't strike me as right.

Agreed.

If I compare the book and he films, the films really suck.

But I decided to just enjoy the films on their own terms, accept the changes (as I did enjoy a few of the added scenes).

Not sure why they took this approach. Part of the reason the LOTR films succeed is because they tend to stay true, especially in spirit, to the books.

I have so many issues with these Hobbit films, but I enjoy them as the adventures that they are.