last movie you watched

sonicjams

Mean_Creek_movie.jpg

Decent up to about the last act...Marty's fate was particularly unsatisfying, unbelievable, and uninspired.

For me the movie had my attention up until soon after George's death, the movie took a turn for the worse from there.

The ending was also pretty lame, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already figure out ourselves throughout the first half of the movie... Disappointing.

• Like 1

Mean_Creek_movie.jpg

Decent up to about the last act...Marty's fate was particularly unsatisfying, unbelievable, and uninspired.

For me the movie had my attention up until soon after George's death, the movie took a turn for the worse from there.

The ending was also pretty lame, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already figure out ourselves throughout the first half of the movie... Disappointing.

You're right about taking a turn for the worse following George's demise. But the ending was so crappy that I forgot at what point it was actually becoming crappy.

Independence Day

Cheesy, but glorious. I grew up with this film and I still love it.

• Like 2

Independence Day

Cheesy, but glorious. I grew up with this film and I still love it.

Same here. That's why this film succeeded where the movies Roland Emmerich did after that *cough*Godzilla*cough* failed. Still rewatchable and quotable.

220px-White_men_cant_jump.jpg

The Day After Tomorrow and 2012 are two of my favourite popcorn movies.

Especially Day After, which is my favourite fictional disaster movie of all time!

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1416337/captain-america-3.jpg

Great.

If interested, there's a bigger non-spoiler review in the Civil War thread.

Watch this movie. With fists, repulsor rays, claws, and spider webs, it beats the living shit out of the very disappointing Bats vs Supes.

Grade: A

• Like 2

Great.

Watch this movie. With fists, repulsor rays, claws, and spider webs, it beats the living shit out of the very disappointing Bats vs Supes.

Ooh! Did this come out on time where you are?! You normally have a long wait don't you?

Great.

I wasn't going to bother with this one after the Botman V Pooperman debacle but you've changed my mind.

• Like 1

The Forbidden Kingdom

Kinda hokey but it's got Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

Edited by EagleMoon

Great.

There are enough farms and open land around us that there are still two old fashioned drive in theaters! Our favorite opened this weekend with Jungle Book. I am hoping that they get Civil War one of these weekends soon, now that I've heard it is decent. :)

Great.

Ooh! Did this come out on time where you are?! You normally have a long wait don't you?

That's right. It came out last Friday. It's a rare thing when movies are released here before North America. The upcoming X-Men movie though will be three months late. And the Deadpool movie still isn't here.

Great.

I wasn't going to bother with this one after the Botman V Pooperman debacle but you've changed my mind.

Cool.

If you liked Captain America 2, you'll definitely like this. The actions more intense AND fun, the stakes are higher, BUT the humor is still there (though it's not as light-hearted as the Ant-Man film).

Great.

There are enough farms and open land around us that there are still two old fashioned drive in theaters! Our favorite opened this weekend with Jungle Book. I am hoping that they get Civil War one of these weekends soon, now that I've heard it is decent. :)

I have faith in Jungle Book. It's Jon Favreau directed and the voice actors are great. Unfortunately, it's not showing here until July or so.

Civil War is far beyond "decent". Captain America part 1 was decent. :blaze:

There's a Downey Jr/Tom Holland scene that just totally works. You'll know what I mean when you watch it. That scene in particular really feels like it stepped right out from the comics.

• Like 1

Concussion

It really affected me, and the way I've enjoyed (American) football. I'll actually watch the game with a different perspective now.

• Like 1

Concussion

It really affected me, and the way I've enjoyed (American) football. I'll actually watch the game with a different perspective now.

The CTE thing is so creepy, and the stories of the players are so sad, especially Mike Webster. I agree with you, I think it does really change your perspective. My daughter's boyfriend played football in high school and at a small college but he has said he won't let his future kids play.

• Like 1

Concussion

The CTE thing is so creepy, and the stories of the players are so sad, especially Mike Webster. I agree with you, I think it does really change your perspective. My daughter's boyfriend played football in high school and at a small college but he has said he won't let his future kids play.

I think it's very telling that there are both current and former pro players who are now saying that they won't let their children play football until they reach a certain age (which is almost high school)...in the town where I live, the football programs for kids start as young as age 5- tackle football, in full pads, for kindergarteners. Practicing five nights a week, starting in the middle of July. It's just nuts.

I'm conflicted about it, too, because I LOVE to watch football- college and pro, I watch them both, all season long.

It is kind of scary, though, that the research they've done just to this point, just in the past five years or so, says that more than one in four pro players will develop CTE. I think we can be sure that some who only play at the high school and college level will get it, too.

I didn't know until I was reading up on it some, after I watched the movie, that Chris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals had it. He was only 26 when he died. He was killed in an accident (he fell out of the back of a truck during a domestic dispute)...but he had had numerous different off-field incidents, had been suspended by the league multiple times (which is something that happens with numerous players who are currently in the game now, doesn't it?)...but an examination of his brain after he died showed that he had CTE, and they alleged that that may have had something to do with the trouble that he consistently had off the field.

• Like 1