ReRushed

My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

• Members
  • 19367 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 14 January 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 14 January 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 14 January 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

The only thing wrong with this album is that Led Zeppelin did not give credit where credit was due.

Oh shut the f**k up. All music is derivative of something else.

Sure, but having music and lyrics that were recorded by other artists in their songs is not derivative, it's plagiarism. Now, it's possible they were just paying homage to who influenced them and maybe they didn't think it was a big deal or that nobody would notice. Perhaps they themselves didn't even realize they were doing it when recording. But multiple times they've been called out for using other people's material.

They're were a great enough band that most fans, myself included let it slide. If it wasn't for Zeppelin most of us wouldn't know about the existence of the songs they took from anyways. It certainly caused some controversy but Zeppelin is still responsible for putting out some of the finest rock albums we will ever hear. The debut is great but I think the five albums that came after blow it away.
Led Zeppelin is great. No question. But the fact is they are stubborn bastards who didn't want to give credit where credit was due. Money is the root of all evil?

Sponsored Post

#22 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1971 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

View PostReRushed, on 14 January 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 14 January 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 14 January 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 14 January 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

The only thing wrong with this album is that Led Zeppelin did not give credit where credit was due.

Oh shut the f**k up. All music is derivative of something else.

Sure, but having music and lyrics that were recorded by other artists in their songs is not derivative, it's plagiarism. Now, it's possible they were just paying homage to who influenced them and maybe they didn't think it was a big deal or that nobody would notice. Perhaps they themselves didn't even realize they were doing it when recording. But multiple times they've been called out for using other people's material.

They're were a great enough band that most fans, myself included let it slide. If it wasn't for Zeppelin most of us wouldn't know about the existence of the songs they took from anyways. It certainly caused some controversy but Zeppelin is still responsible for putting out some of the finest rock albums we will ever hear. The debut is great but I think the five albums that came after blow it away.
Led Zeppelin is great. No question. But the fact is they are stubborn bastards who didn't want to give credit where credit was due. Money is the root of all evil?
But if you ask for a rise, it's no surprise
That they're giving none away, away, away

Edited by driventotheedge, 14 January 2019 - 10:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users