The Big Four (of Grunge)

The Big 4 of Grunge  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Alice in Chains
    • Nirvana
    • Pearl Jam
    • Soundgarden

Still not sure how to classify a 'gunge' band other than the location where the band originated from and the clothes they wear...

I voted AIC.

This.

All this grunge talk makes me want to wear my flannel shirt... but it's 90 degrees outside... WTF.. fashion over function... I'm there !!!

I dig this song

http://youtu.be/mRDO30RJpBY

My favorite grunge album is Temple of the Dog. Chris Cornell kills it on that one.
  • Like 2

My top 5 albums from the Grunge scene...

1. Temple of the Dog

2. Dirt

3. Badmotorfinger

4. Ten

5. Nevermind

The big five "must own" albums from the era.

• Like 3

Diehard Alice In Chains fan. #1 til Rush came along, and a close #2 thereafter. Love both Staley and post-Staley material. Seen em twice, and got number 3 in eight days! :cool:
  • Like 4

Diehard Alice In Chains fan. #1 til Rush came along, and a close #2 thereafter. Love both Staley and post-Staley material. Seen em twice, and got number 3 in eight days! :cool:

:cheerleader:

PJ, who I don't classify as grunge but are great nonetheless. Haven't spent much time with AIC or Soundgarden, but I do think I like their sound. I've never been into Nirvana. I just can't click with them.
  • Like 2

To me they each have their own unique sound but overall it has to be Pearl Jam for me. Soundgarden is next with CC tremendous vocal range then AIC with their great album Dirt. Then Nirvana pulling up the rear, maybe it's because out of the the four they're the only one I've never seen live. I also think they're a bit overrated.

Just saw PJ in April here in S FL and they were outstanding playing for more than two and a half hours. I kept wondering when is this damn show over I had a reggae festival the next day then saw them again in Miami that night. Eddies voice has gotten raspy over the years not sure if it's smoking or wear and tear from singing these long ass concerts.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam did a good job at alienating a lot of their fans after their third album. A good chunk of the albums that came after had songs with too much focus on alt. rock, too much screaming in Eddie´s vocals and not much in terms of melody, execpt a handful of songs. But they´ve sort of changed it around a bit recently.
  • Like 3

Pearl Jam did a good job at alienating a lot of their fans after their third album. A good chunk of the albums that came after had songs with too much focus on alt. rock, too much screaming in Eddie´s vocals and not much in terms of melody, execpt a handful of songs. But they´ve sort of changed it around a bit recently.

:goodone:
  • Like 2