The Beatles vs. Rush

Lorraine

The Beatles vs. Rush  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

I pick Rush because I don't get sick of them as often

This.

No doubting the greatness of The Beatles, who I think might just be the greatest band of all time, but Rush...I enjoy them on a far more regular basis.

Music taste is very subjective. I'll admit that the Beatles are more influential but I enjoy RUSH music much-much more. I own no Beatles music, I will scan the radio for something else often when Beatles music is playing. Not so with RUSH.
  • Like 1

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

More great Neil Peart wisdom, those clowns Lennon or Macarthy wouldn't have written that.

• Like 3

anywhere besides here and rush would have zero votes

Yeah, even Counterparts. Of course the Beatles would have zero votes there as well...

I can always listen to the Beatles and find myself singing along happily; just not quite so much with Rush. A few too many clunkers (Rush) vs. almost everything being great (Beatles).

The Beatles helped change the world of music. Rush definitely has far reaching influence, but without the Beatles influence in music, I don't think there are a lot of bands that influenced Rush.

so in the end.... Beatles > Rush (to me). Music is subjective (it's creative art), so there are no wrong answers here. If I had to list my fave bands in order, it would start off with Beatles and Rush in the #1 & 2 positions... closely followed by Pink Floyd, Metallica, U2, Jimi Hendrix, Ministry, Acoustic Alchemy... Fave of the day always depends on my mood... :)

• Like 1

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

More great Neil Peart wisdom, those clowns Lennon or Macarthy wouldn't have written that.

I'll say. :cool:

But Lennon or McCartney, maybe. ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I can't pick because they both have separate but equal sentimental value to me, so you are just going to have to shoot me. :)
  • Like 3

Rush.

They've been my favorite band for over 20 years and that's not changing anytime soon.

While I respect The Beatles, the huge influence they had and do really enjoy some of their stuff, they're barely a blip on my musical radar.

• Like 1

Seriously, for me the one thing the Beatles have over every other band I love is the ability of the music to take me back to my childhood. I loved them since I was five years old. Spinning those albums and holding the covers in my hand, it took me to a better place. I don't have that type of relationship or memories with other bands.
  • Like 5

Seriously, for me the one thing the Beatles have over every other band I love is the ability of the music to take me back to my childhood. I loved them since I was five years old. Spinning those albums and holding the covers in my hand, it took me to a better place. I don't have that type of relationship or memories with other bands.

What is the very first Beatles' song you ever heard? You are much younger than me, so it couldn't have been Love Me Do or I Wanna Hold Your Hand.

• Like 1

Oh I came here just in time to see this one! I had to go with the Beatles, I echo ReRushed completely. I have wonderful memories of Christmas morning getting my new Beatle album and sitting next to the stereo and playing it while reading the liner notes. I do listen to Rush much more often nowadays but the Beatles will always be my first love in music :kisshug:
  • Like 3

The Beatles man.........and i am not just saying it. looking at it objectivly. The Beatles had a career i enjoy pretty much straight through. Rush is/was far more patchy. of Course Rush has a bigger Disography......more chances to be patchy. but still.

Beatles.

Mick

• Like 5

Oh I came here just in time to see this one! I had to go with the Beatles, I echo ReRushed completely. I have wonderful memories of Christmas morning getting my new Beatle album and sitting next to the stereo and playing it while reading the liner notes. I do listen to Rush much more often nowadays but the Beatles will always be my first love in music :kisshug:

How are you, my friend? It is very good to see you. I was going to write you a Christmas note.

• Like 1