How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

That One Guy

How many years have you been a RUSH fan?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

Whenever the subject of Permanent Waves comes up, and whether it is a 70s or 80s album, and there is endless banter about it, I'm just going start posting pictures of The Bay City Rollers

***** ******* ****** !!

:goodone:

Even though their albums were released in the 70s, they were really a 60s band.

• Like 2

Whenever the subject of Permanent Waves comes up, and whether it is a 70s or 80s album, and there is endless banter about it, I'm just going start posting pictures of The Bay City Rollers

***** ******* ****** !!

lol

That's ironic you say that because when I was posting the videos earlier, I was thinking how much they were influenced by The Ronettes

***** ******* ****** !!

lol

That's ironic you say that because when I was posting the videos earlier, I was thinking how much they were influenced by The Ronettes

Be My Little Baby?

• Like 1

I first knowingly heard them in early 1980 when The Spirit of Radio was in the UK charts, then on Boxing Day that year I found Permanent Waves for £1.99 in the Debenhams Christmas Sale and I was off and running. That was a great Christmas for me, musically speaking - my folks also gave me AC/DC's Back in Black and Whitesnake's Live... in the Heart of the City :)

Unknowingly I'd heard Rush a couple of years before that when I walked in on my cousin listening to By-tor, but I didn't realise that until a few years later :LOL:

37 years.

Nice thread to separate the men from boys haha!

I guess I'm a man, then. :huh:

Separating the "men from the boys" is a silly trivial male pursuit. Women are above,therefore automatically excluded from such nonsense.. ;)

• Like 1

Love the 70s horror

Nothing will ever touch 70's and early 80's Horror.

http://www.oneman.gr/keimena/diaskedash/watchlist/article2572592.ece/BINARY/original/susp.gif

The Golden Era

The past 15-20 years of Asian horror is right up there though

Edited by Lucas

I've been a Rush fan since 76-77 but didn't buy an album or see them in concert till 1984 GRACE UNDER PRESSURE. It was Ged's voice that caught my ear.....Back then I can remember saying "who is that guy screaming and that is a guy right"?
  • Like 1

37 years.

Nice thread to separate the men from boys haha!

I guess I'm a man, then. :huh:

Separating the "men from the boys" is a silly trivial male pursuit. Women are above,therefore automatically excluded from such nonsense.. ;)

Agreed add to the fact I've been a fan for 40 years...lol

I've been a Rush fan since 76-77 but didn't buy an album or see them in concert till 1984 GRACE UNDER PRESSURE. It was Ged's voice that caught my ear.....Back then I can remember saying "who is that guy screaming and that is a guy right"?

Ged's voice caught my attention too, but then I fell in love with the lyrics and the odd time changes

Ged's voice caught my attention too, but then I fell in love with the lyrics and the odd time changes

Exact same thing here. That's why one my favorites is The Camera Eye.....something about those time changes I just love by RUSH and others bands as well.

For the 99th time....

Not long after ATWAS was released, I was a t a friends house, and he goes "you're a drummer, right?" and dropped the needle on Working Man through to the end, and I ordered my own copy (and Caress of Steel) from Columbia House the next day!

I was hooked!