Neil a phony??

nicky6

This is seriously hillarious.......ok same rule of not being immune to criticism applies to Paul...right?... because the guy has had more than one instance of having to unload bigots from his team....and then later trying to spin it into a media attack...in both cases their associations and actions were pretty bad....and it wasn't like Paul dropped kicked em immediately to the curb either....the dude with facebook lynching pics on MLK day with other stuff I won't write here because its frankly disgusting was particularly awful....and as I understand it...remained on said FB page for 2 years....if true...its beyond not cool.

Now...if Peart read about this...its likely to be the reasoning behind his....wait for it....opinion of Rand Paul...where said he feels he doesn't like brown people....capice?

So a MySpace (yes, people, MySpace) friend of one of Paul's staff posted a racist image, so, by the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon, Paul is a racist. And to think I said the accusations are baseless!

• Like 2

You have to remember that to some of our more political members Rand Paul is to them what JFK was to a Democrats back in the 60s. The knight in shining armour.

The fact that two of his closest and most trusted aides were hardcore racists and Rand stuck to his principals in being reluctant to sack them will make his candidacy interesting and controversial.

Going to be a fun ride.

• Like 1

Since Rands comments in 2010 on civil rights, he hasn't backtracked? He hasn't tried to redefine his comments or image? His current interpretation on civil rights is clear? Its one thing to have a nice theory of limited govt, but in the real world some take significant advantage of others who are less fortunate, which required intervention, as 80% of Republicans in congress agreed with at the time.

Yes calling him a racist is unfortunate, but to say a liberal going after Rand Paul on domestic issues is "baseless" is way out there.

No one said a liberal going after Paul on domestic issues is baseless. What I said is Peart calling Paul a racist and a sexist is baseless. This is such a simple concept, but it is clear that neither you nor JBs have any interest in understanding or addressing it.

If he really said that...I can come up with an example of how lefties might be angry at RP...

Supporting policies on the guise of limited govt, policies that significant hurt those of a specific race or gender will be viewed by those that are hurt in that manner (I.e. Respond with "baseless" anger)

A female employee is virtuously powerless to stand up to her employer that denies her of readily available and legal healthcare. To hide behind limited govt while irrevocably hurting the powerless causes anger to those harmed and to their families.

Notre Dame is a private college, yet earns significant revenue broadcasting its games on spectrum owned by we the people yet leased to the networks. ND is openly fighting women's rights.

This private university has entered a public domain. Hiring employees in the general public via public recruiting, subject to EEOC laws. Yet a strange court is ruling that this is all private. If so, great, get ND off my TV and hobby lobby out of open to the public stores.

To deny basic healthcare to women based on a false claim that these are private companies/schools...or to come up with a convenient ltd govt theory that causes irrevocable harm against those less fortunate. This type of "theory" has obviously angered some on the left. Perhaps NEP is one of them.

OK, so you support the $15 minimum wage, which will have a terrible effect on the working poor, which disproportionately affects minorities. Because of this, I must assume that your position on this matter is merely a ruse for you to spread your racist vitriol, so I have a strong basis in publicly naming you a racist. Wow, what an intelligent and nuanced way to think...

• Like 1

You have to remember that to some of our more political members Rand Paul is to them what JFK was to a Democrats back in the 60s. The knight in shining armour.

The fact that two of his closest and most trusted aides were hardcore racists and Rand stuck to his principals in being reluctant to sack them will make his candidacy interesting and controversial.

Going to be a fun ride.

http://cdn.teamcococdn.com/jokes/89731/1,1/650/jokes/june-17-2015-political-analysts-are-saying-that-as-a-candidate-donald-trump-is-a-totally-unqualified-nuisance-in-other-words-he-is-a-legitimate-contender-for-the-republican-nomination.jpg

I love this band and I will miss them when they are no longer playing.

For me, I really don't give a damn what their political stances are on what they wrote in the 70's or now for that matter and I never have.

They are entitled to have lives, think whatever they want, and to change their minds and opinions as they grow as people living on this Earth, just like everybody else does.

In the great scheme of things, I am so glad they were here. Thank you!

:outtahere:

This is seriously hillarious.......ok same rule of not being immune to criticism applies to Paul...right?... because the guy has had more than one instance of having to unload bigots from his team....and then later trying to spin it into a media attack...in both cases their associations and actions were pretty bad....and it wasn't like Paul dropped kicked em immediately to the curb either....the dude with facebook lynching pics on MLK day with other stuff I won't write here because its frankly disgusting was particularly awful....and as I understand it...remained on said FB page for 2 years....if true...its beyond not cool.

Now...if Peart read about this...its likely to be the reasoning behind his....wait for it....opinion of Rand Paul...where said he feels he doesn't like brown people....capice?

So a MySpace (yes, people, MySpace) friend of one of Paul's staff posted a racist image, so, by the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon, Paul is a racist. And to think I said the accusations are baseless!

You know how long a comment like that last on my myspace...facebook...hell friendster...or any social media website of mine....? Let's just say it wouldn't...now if I'm the senate campaign spokesperson for a well known politician?....no brainer.... Defense of it is laughable....

What's the excuse for the co-author of Pauls book? The Sonic Avenger or whateverinthehell he called himself? Wore confederate flags on his face...?

In my opinion...if you are Paul these two are gone from your team...immediately....no excuses...

I'm even forgetting that ridiculous supporter stomping on the head of a female move on supporter....I mean come on...just based on optics alone ....I have to wonder whaat in the hell is wrong with some of these people?

By the way I'm not saying RP is stomping heads...but you did say NP is calling RP racist...when he said he feels he doesn't like brown people....a nuance? Sure I guess...but some want facts...so facts we have....

Edited by JBsDWdrums

Yuck. Rush and politics. All this because of a Peart sound byte?

Blaggh.

This thread is what Alex was referring to in his blah, blah, blah moment.

My God it's like listening to a Dennis Miller monologue....blah, blah, blah...esoteric reference....blah, blah, blah...humerous to 3 people, confusing/annoying to all others. Some people can't shut up until they think they're the smartest people in the room

You know how long a comment like that last on my myspace...facebook...hell friendster...or any social media website of mine....? Let's just say it wouldn't...now if I'm the senate campaign spokesperson for a well known politician?....no brainer.... Defense of it is laughable....

It would remain on my MySpace account indefinitely as I stopped using it in 2007 or so. I don't know about how often this guy used his, whether he knew it was on there, or any other potential data points. But it seems odd to label someone a racist because of what friends of staff members post on obsolete social media sites. Or because someone on his staff likes the confederate flag. I wouldn't fire such people until I did a full investigation. But then again, I don't like throwing unsubstantiated accusations of racism around lightly. But if you want to join Neil in doing so, go right ahead. But don't be surprised when people call you out on it.

• Like 1

Blaggh.

My God it's like listening to a Dennis Miller monologue....blah, blah, blah...esoteric reference....blah, blah, blah...humerous to 3 people, confusing/annoying to all others. Some people can't shut up until they think they're the smartest people in the room

I am very sorry that I chained you to your computer and forced you to read this thread. That was very racist and/or sexist of me.

• Like 7

Blaggh.

I am very sorry that I chained you to your computer and forced you to read this thread. That was very racist and/or sexist of me.

hey, someone had to fart to clear out the room.

Blaggh.

Yeah, you're kind of a dick. Apology accepted. Try not to be so racist and sexist, please. :)

If this is a taste of SOCN then I'm glad I'm not in there. Religion used to be the opiate of the masses and now it's politics. The parties are 95% similar and decisions are not made on right and wrong but on deals doing each other favors and holding to a party line. Unfortunately, political office attracts the kind of people who have no business holding political office.
  • Like 3

If this is a taste of SOCN then I'm glad I'm not in there. Religion used to be the opiate of the masses and now it's politics. The parties are 95% similar and decisions are not made on right and wrong but on deals doing each other favors and holding to a party line. Unfortunately, political office attracts the kind of people who have no business holding political office.

Number one rule of internet participation. Try to avoid politics and religion at all costs.

• Like 1

If you were trying to cram the most clichés possible into a post then you were successful. Other than that SOCN is none the poorer for your absence.

• Like 1

Number one rule of internet participation. Try to avoid politics and religion at all costs.

Quite a silly rule if you use the Internet to argue on political forums.

• Like 1

Quite a silly rule if you use the Internet to argue on political forums.

I have to agree,

Any given subject has its place.

• Like 1

Since Rands comments in 2010 on civil rights, he hasn't backtracked? He hasn't tried to redefine his comments or image? His current interpretation on civil rights is clear? Its one thing to have a nice theory of limited govt, but in the real world some take significant advantage of others who are less fortunate, which required intervention, as 80% of Republicans in congress agreed with at the time.

Yes calling him a racist is unfortunate, but to say a liberal going after Rand Paul on domestic issues is "baseless" is way out there.

No one said a liberal going after Paul on domestic issues is baseless. What I said is Peart calling Paul a racist and a sexist is baseless. This is such a simple concept, but it is clear that neither you nor JBs have any interest in understanding or addressing it.

If he really said that...I can come up with an example of how lefties might be angry at RP...

Supporting policies on the guise of limited govt, policies that significant hurt those of a specific race or gender will be viewed by those that are hurt in that manner (I.e. Respond with "baseless" anger)

A female employee is virtuously powerless to stand up to her employer that denies her of readily available and legal healthcare. To hide behind limited govt while irrevocably hurting the powerless causes anger to those harmed and to their families.

Notre Dame is a private college, yet earns significant revenue broadcasting its games on spectrum owned by we the people yet leased to the networks. ND is openly fighting women's rights.

This private university has entered a public domain. Hiring employees in the general public via public recruiting, subject to EEOC laws. Yet a strange court is ruling that this is all private. If so, great, get ND off my TV and hobby lobby out of open to the public stores.

To deny basic healthcare to women based on a false claim that these are private companies/schools...or to come up with a convenient ltd govt theory that causes irrevocable harm against those less fortunate. This type of "theory" has obviously angered some on the left. Perhaps NEP is one of them.

OK, so you support the $15 minimum wage, which will have a terrible effect on the working poor, which disproportionately affects minorities. Because of this, I must assume that your position on this matter is merely a ruse for you to spread your racist vitriol, so I have a strong basis in publicly naming you a racist. Wow, what an intelligent and nuanced way to think...

I support minimum wage indexed (1968) for inflation. This would help the working poor.

Just supporting Neil here. I was accused/baited for "not understanding" so i gave an example of where this leftist anger could be coming from.

I've been a fan of NEP for many years thinking he was a conservative libertarian, now I'm a fan of him as a self described bleeding heart libertarian, if RS is to be believed.. I hardly see any difference. I loved Rush and still do.

Its unfortunate he used the racist word. But Pauls policies directly hurt women and minorities, according to the POV of the people that are actually doing the hurting, if polls are to be believed.

Perhaps Neil should have paid his local congressman to accuse Rand of being born in Kenya, cuz that's how attacks are lobbied from the right? Neil didn't use code, that was his mistake.

I support minimum wage indexed (1968) for inflation. This would help the working poor.

Just supporting Neil here. I was accused/baited for "not understanding" so i gave an example of where this leftist anger could be coming from.

I've been a fan of NEP for many years thinking he was a conservative libertarian, now I'm a fan of him as a self described bleeding heart libertarian, if RS is to be believed.. I hardly see any difference. I loved Rush and still do.

Its unfortunate he used the racist word. But Pauls policies directly hurt women and minorities, according to the POV of the people that are actually doing the hurting, if polls are to be believed.

Perhaps Neil should have paid his local congressman to accuse Rand of being born in Kenya, cuz that's how attacks are lobbied from the right? Neil didn't use code, that was his mistake.

Wouldn't Paul's policies have to actually be utilized to directly hurt women and minorities?

• Like 1

Oy, I don't have the mental ability to be pissy aboot Neil Peart in three different threads.

I saw a snippet of R40 material on the Book of Face, for almost a fleeting second it was just aboot the music. Unfortunately it didn't last.

Oy, I don't have the mental ability to be pissy aboot Neil Peart in three different threads.

I saw a snippet of R40 material on the Book of Face, for almost a fleeting second it was just aboot the music. Unfortunately it didn't last.

We can discuss how he can't play a fill properly on "Natural Science"!

I love Neil Peart. He's an extremely gifted and talented muscian who has entertained me and provoked me and challenged me for most of my life. He's not as independent in thought as once believed... or wished. :Neil:

• Like 2

Everybody's a phony. - Holden Caulfield

I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread to discover if someone else has made this point. Life being sort of short and all.

Hey do we have another source for this besides this pretty unreliable source? I mean at least two more articles that aren't duplicates. Would really love to hear the whole conversation. I don't know if it's out of context or what but that doesn't read like Neil. He's sometimes brought this before and he talk more about the policy of the GOP being misogynistic or racist and he gave reasons.

This may be difficult to understand, but if someone is suffering, that is not a moral claim against someone else. You act like healthcare is somehow different from other products, it's really not. If a homeless man comes to my door and asks if he can sleep in my bed for the night, am I wrong to deny him access to my home? No of course not, because it's private property, much like products of the medical industry.