Neil a phony??

nicky6

Rand Paul did make huge comments against the civil rights laws of 1964.

Can we please stop pretending Mr Paul is innocent here?

Well, context matters. The Libertarian question regarding g 1964 and other laws is not about segregation or any other subject, but rather the role of the federal gov't on a grander scale.

Oddly. ..Sweet Home Alabama just came on the radio as I sit in Palm Springs, alternative lifestyle capital of the World.

• Like 1

Maybe Peart is angry at his intellectual property being repeatedly stolen and is counterattacking. And he no longer likes the GOP, which ain't that tough to imagine.

Yes, I find that when I am angry about people for using my IP I generally engage in baseless accusations of racism and misogyny.

The comments are based on recent developments in voting and women's rights. Far from baseless.

Ok, so you think opposition to certain pieces of legislation, regardless of motive, makes you fair game to be called a racist or sexist. It's disheartening to think that people can be so ideologically entrenched that no intelligent discussion is possible, and baseless personal attacks are seen as legitimate proxies for intelligent thought.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 2

Maybe Peart is angry at his intellectual property being repeatedly stolen and is counterattacking. And he no longer likes the GOP, which ain't that tough to imagine.

Repeatedly stolen? When? By the GOP? When?

You did watch the Trump speech yesterday? Different Neil but same point (he stole from Neil Young, a Bernie Sanders supporter). Happens all the time with the GOP, sometimes with the libs. Do not use someone else's art without their express permission.

To clarify my point, you stated "Maybe Peart is angry at his intellectual property being repeatedly stolen." That's a specific claim, not the GOP "stealing" in general.

Whatevah!

Some claim to dislike government overreach into personal affairs. Others claim government overreach can be compassionate. Neil Peart wrote some of his best music criticizing the government's role in the former. I guess he's okay with it now and he can concentrate on religion.

• Like 1

hey according to the rolling stone article all of Neil's cars are Silver except for a yellow Lambo.

I know no one really cares about such minutiae, so i thought I'd add to this thread about useless shit.

• Like 1

hey according to the rolling stone article all of Neil's cars are Silver except for a yellow Lambo.

I know no one really cares about such minutiae, so i thought I'd add to this thread about useless shit.

Hey, Rush's music has affected some ouf us here and that makes this topic worth discussing. Simple enough.

• Like 1

That's because Peart hates the coloreds.

• Like 2

Whatevah!

Some claim to dislike government overreach into personal affairs. Others claim government overreach can be compassionate. Neil Peart wrote some of his best music criticizing the government's role in the former. I guess he's okay with it now and he can concentrate on religion.

Other people's religions. Not his.

Tom Sawyer was SO long ago.

Edited by laughedatbytime

There are a lot of threads, go find one you're interested in... simple as shit.

Repeatedly stolen? When? By the GOP? When?

You did watch the Trump speech yesterday? Different Neil but same point (he stole from Neil Young, a Bernie Sanders supporter). Happens all the time with the GOP, sometimes with the libs. Do not use someone else's art without their express permission.

To clarify my point, you stated "Maybe Peart is angry at his intellectual property being repeatedly stolen." That's a specific claim, not the GOP "stealing" in general.

It happens fairly often, more often against the right as alot of rockers are libs. Petty Young Springsteen Vedder Peart even silversun pickups in 2012...have all complained. But the right can always play Kid Rock and Nugent.

Rush has asked Paul to not play their music nor cite their lyrics multiple times? Years ago.

Naaa, it's more fun hanging around in here mocking people that take themselves way too seriously.

Naaa, it's more fun hanging around in here mocking people that take themselves way too seriously.

Don't be so hard on yourself... your opinion counts the same as everyone else's

People should be allowed to change their opinions over a lifetime.

Who exactly is disputing this? :huh:

Yes, I find that when I am angry about people for using my IP I generally engage in baseless accusations of racism and misogyny.

The comments are based on recent developments in voting and women's rights. Far from baseless.

Ok, so you think opposition to certain pieces of legislation, regardless of motive, makes you fair game to be called a racist or sexist. It's disheartening to think that people can be so ideologically entrenched that no intelligent discussion is possible, and baseless personal attacks are seen as legitimate proxies for intelligent thought.

I'm trying very much to respect the rules here and not get specific about the politics. Just trying to defend Neil, point out that Paul made inflammatory remarks about civil rights. If you want to cloak that behind the role of government while cities were being burned and innocents were being shot on the streets as a reason the gov't should not have acted, so be it.

Says someone who calls himself the "master of smart ass commentary. :wacko:

I'm trying very much to respect the rules here and not get specific about the politics. Just trying to defend Neil, point out that Paul made inflammatory remarks about civil rights. If you want to cloak that behind the role of government while cities were being burned and innocents were being shot on the streets as a reason the gov't should not have acted, so be it.

Inflammatory? Seriously? :wacko:

• Like 1

Anyone who complains that Neil no longer believes stuff he wrote four decades ago.

Edited by antiquark

Anyone who complains that Neil no longer believes stuff he wrote four decades ago.

The word allowed DOES have a meaning. If you don't know it, don't use it.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Paul McCartney made inflamatory remarks about civil rights? What a dick.

Actually I noticed that when skimming the RS article for the stuff of outrage. I need to dig up that Neil gear thread I started.

perhaps you can call yourself 'master of dumbass commentary'.

The word allowed DOES have a meaning. If you don't know it, don't use it.

Then what's the correct way to say, "people should be allowed to change their opinions over a lifetime?"

perhaps you can call yourself 'master of dumbass commentary'.

I've noticed something in the almost 11 years of this board, and that's people who make statements proclaiming themselves masters or experts at something are usually....not.

• Like 3