How much have you stolen from Rush?

YYZumbi

Except for bootlegs. How many albums / videos have you payed for and how many have you stolen (downloaded)?

The only Rush albums I have downloaded whitout paying for is:

The first single (Not Fade Away/ You Can´t Fight It)

Retrospective (I, II and III) (compilation albums)

Working Men (compilation album)

Rest I have payed for!

None, we're all religious nuts who buy everything rush, what's wrong with you? :laughing guy:

Before I had the entire discography. Everything.

Now I believe only Different Stages is bootleg'd

• Like 2

You've admitted to theft! The police are on their way! It looks like the Prince may lose his crown!
  • Like 3

You've admitted to theft! The police are on their way! It looks like the Prince may lose his crown!

Trust me....

The single I have tried to find since I knew about it.

The Retrospective albums was the first albums I downloaded when I became a Rush fan, now when I have all the studio albums, I never listen to it.

Working Men. I have maybe listen to it once!

The availability of music via download has completely changed - or, I should say destroyed - the music industry and how bands are developed and backed ...

I remind everyone that I know that has illegally downloaded music - yet bitch and complain that new music isn't any good - that they are to blame - not the bands

The only songs I have taken from the internet and put on a CD are a few Kpop songs that have proved to be impossible for me to find on official CDs or downloads

• Like 3

The availability of music via download has completely changed - or, I should say destroyed - the music industry and how bands are developed and backed ...

I remind everyone that I know that has illegally downloaded music - yet bitch and complain that new music isn't any good - that they are to blame - not the bands

The only songs I have taken from the internet and put on a CD are a few Kpop songs that have proved to be impossible for me to find on official CDs or downloads

So, people stealing music and not lack of talent and lack of imagination is what;s killed music? I don't buy that

• Like 2

I stole their souls. :fury:

Muah-hah-hah-hah-hah....

• Like 1

Honestly, none. I've bought everything I have, some in multiple formats. Interesting that in the OP "except for bootlegs" is posted as if those aren't stealing. Try and rationalize it all you want but it's still stealing and every one of you who download a bootleg have contributed to higher cd/album prices and fewer and fewer of those being sold. The next part of that is because "artists" can no longer make as much money via cd or album sales, they have to make more money when touring which leads to higher ticket prices that all concert goers have to pay..

Thanks a lot, thieving dickheads.

• Like 4

I plagiarize lyrical quotes from time to time,well ok everyday which in some circles plagiarism is theft, but it can also be the highest form of compliment which is how I view it because if I am ever asked wear do you come up with this $#!T I proudly proclaim from where it comes from...

I actually bought my first round of Albums It was in 1993 -1994 so cds were pretty cheap ($8-10) . As I lost my CD I would download them untill I would re -buy. I think I have down that know about 4 times with 2015 reissues.

The real question is how much have the Record Companies stole from us with their reissuses, numerous greatest hits, live albums and Video releases.

Before anybody says "don't complain nobody said you had to buy this or that". I now that it was a joke.

So "lighten up Francis" ("One of the best quotes in movie history")

Edited by madrushian

None.

Purchased all of the formats too: record, cassette, CD, remastered CD, HD tracks, VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray.

My only cheat :whip: was that for the last few tours i have purchased the DVD and Blu-ray versions, but not the CD. I use the Blu-ray to convert to flac so i can listen on my phone. i probably wouldn't have done this, but they sometimes omit some songs from the CD.

I have purchased all of the Rush music, video, and other stuff I have. Stealing from a musician is no different than shoplifting from a small business owner.
  • Like 7

I didn't buy the Rush in Rio CD, but I have the DVD of it. Other than that, I have bought all the studio and live discography in some shape of form. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Since we're not counting bootlegs, nothing. I have three boots given to me as a gift -- everything else I own is legit.
  • Like 1