What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

Cashews are $10 a pound out here.

And you can't get enough I bet!

I love cashews. The saltier, the better; but who can afford to spend ten dollars for one pound of nuts? Maybe I ought to seek out my former drug dealing neighbors and see if they need any more dealers.

• Like 1

24064459920_d0c1c9fda4_c.jpg

23731863294_91229ccf8f_c.jpg

Red wine braised roast with balsamic glazed onions and rösti. The rösti is made from sweet potatoes, baked potatoes and root parsley.

My first attempt and it was very good. Still room for improvements but I'm happy.

Even though I'm alone I insist on dinning well ;)

Damn,

That looks good!! :drool:

• Like 2

Tonight's dinner was grilled and consisted of salmon, tomatoes, yellow pepper, celery, mushrooms, onion, ginger and beetroot. To drink strongbow cider and orange juice.

Last night for me...

Main: a hot pot of fish & mixed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, radish, onion).

On the side: double fry action of squid and these tiny crab still in their shells.

Drink: sake.

Dessert: more sake.

• Like 3

Tonight's dinner was grilled and consisted of salmon, tomatoes, yellow pepper, celery, mushrooms, onion, ginger and beetroot. To drink strongbow cider and orange juice.

Last night for me...

Main: a hot pot of fish & mixed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, radish, onion).

On the side: double fry action of squid and these tiny crab still in their shells.

Nice.

Red wine braised roast with balsamic glazed onions and rösti. The rösti is made from sweet potatoes, baked potatoes and root parsley.

My first attempt and it was very good. Still room for improvements but I'm happy.

Damn,

Sexy!

• Like 2

Damn,

Sexy!

:whipgirl: :hail:

Last night for me...

That sounds really good. Especially the sake! I used to hang around this Japanese restaurant on either East 56th or 55th Street in Manhattan, eat sashimi, and drink sake! :LOL: :cool:

• Like 1

Last night for me...

That sounds really good. Especially the sake! I used to hang around this Japanese restaurant on either East 56th or 55th Street in Manhattan, eat sashimi, and drink sake! :LOL: :cool:

Did they throw you out eventually?

• Like 1

Last night for me...

OMG! :LOL:

Last night for me...

OMG! :LOL:

That's because treeduck always gets thrown out of joints when he drinks sake...or eats sashimi....or sits down...

• Like 3

Last night for me...

Wife made the hot pot ("nabe" to be exact).

It's more like a stew or soup I guess. The fried squid and crab were from one of those awesome delis that are always tucked in the basements of department stores out here. I always tell people I know visiting Japan: "If there's any particular night when you don't want to eat out or order room service, buy food from a department store's basement deli. It's always quality and the number of individual delis is probably dozens (in each department store's deli)".

• Like 1

Last night for me...

No, I never got thrown out of any place.

• Like 1

Last night for me...

Except your own bedroom!

• Like 1

Last night for me...

Except your own bedroom!

You are crazy! :P

Apple pie and some walnuts.

Seems you're always munching on nuts! I mean, yeah...handful or mouthful of nuts!

They're good for you. There were no cashews this week so i went for walnuts.

Don't you get constipated eating so many nuts?

No, I never get constipated at all. Do nuts make people constipated? Never heard of that.

I have heard that it can happen if you too many. Guess it will have to a whole lot then :)

My body just gets the job done no matter what I eat! It's a waste disposal machine!

That's the spirit! :LOL:

Eggs over easy, Jimmy Dean sausage (the bulk roll kind), coffee, and an orange.

Dinner will be scratch made Shrimp Scampi, with lots of garlic and butter and a nice French loaf to soak it up. Yummo!

• Like 1