Most overlooked band

Rutlefan

Badfinger anyone?

I :heart: Badfinger.

If you call yourself a Badfinger fan, but don't own the "Wish You Were Here" album, we'll have to stop being friends and I'm not coming to Rio for the Olympics.

I mean it.

Watching the Big Star documentary via Netflix now. How big would Power Pop have been in the mid-'70s if those two bands had gotten their dues?

• Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you sitboaf...I don´t own anthing by Badfinger! The were never big here - I heard about them a few months ago, watched a documentary about them and really, REALLy like their songs, but don´t own anthing. But anway, their name was the first one that came to mind looking at the thread title. A band where two members commit suicide because of how badly things were handled from a management/record company standpoint is a classic example of "overlooked" in my book.

But hey, you can still come to the Olmpics! ;) :ebert:

Badfinger anyone?

I :heart: Badfinger.

If you call yourself a Badfinger fan, but don't own the "Wish You Were Here" album, we'll have to stop being friends and I'm not coming to Rio for the Olympics.

I mean it.

Watching the Big Star documentary via Netflix now. How big would Power Pop have been in the mid-'70s if those two bands had gotten their dues?

It baffles me that Big Star never made it. Those albums are so friggin' good. Who knows how we would be thinking about Chris Bell and Alex Chilton today if they made it? Rock and roll injustice.

• Like 1

Ha! Good one, Rick.

Because I'm a geek, I counted; if you were alive in North America or Europe in the 1970s and listened to radio, you probably know at least 75 Beatles songs.

Isn't that crazy?

Edited by sitboaf

It's always hard to pick any one song by this band. Del Amitri has reformed and is touring Europe and they are planning a live album after more than ten years apart. O please, O please, O please get over to this side of the pond and I will go to any show East of the Mississippi.

• Like 1

It's always hard to pick any one song by this band. Del Amitri has reformed and is touring Europe and they are planning a live album after more than ten years apart. O please, O please, O please get over to this side of the pond and I will go to any show East of the Mississippi.

Great choice. Massively overlooked.

No doubt in my mind, it's Animal Collective. Brilliant mix of electo-acoustic music.

Living Colour:

Living Colour is amazing. Their debut got some air play, but their subsequent albums were criminally ignored. :(

Yes I totally agree and one of the best albums of the 80's.

Here's a band I met and hung out with in DC as they play a small club The old 9:30 Club.

PRONG...

THE remix version do Prove You Wrong is even better....three really cool guys to hang out with.

That's one of the remixes.

Edited by g under p

Living Colour:

Living Colour is amazing. Their debut got some air play, but their subsequent albums were criminally ignored. :(

Yes I totally agree and one of the best albums of the 80's.

Here's a band I met and hung out with in DC as they play a small club The old 9:30 Club.

PRONG...

THE remix version do Prove You Wrong is even better....three really cool guys to hang out with.

That's one of the remixes.