What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

Apple is banned from importing or selling its latest Apple Watches (The Washington Post)

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant, little blue-green planet, whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time.  Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

-- Douglas Adams

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BastillePark said:

dLPUfKYl.jpg

But he has all the answers!!!! LOL

I laughed at my housemate's bizarre OCD habits. I wasn't mocking her, I just think it's cute. She leaves a trail of arranged stacked objects wherever she goes.....

• Like 1

I laughed this morning because I realized I was tasked with assisting handicapped individuals at my last occupation, but didn't really see it that way until now.

I usually am the anti hero at work, so this way a nice thing to think about..................

• Like 1

Just knowing that the Jets and you-know-who won't be coming to Lambeau Field next year...... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 5:22 PM, Principled Man said:

Just knowing that the Jets and you-know-who won't be coming to Lambeau Field next year...... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

He's gone off the deep end with the anti-vax quackery and now suggesting that Kimmy Kimmel has hung out with Epstein. 

• Like 1

I like a fair amount of Ted's music but he should stick to just doing that instead of embarrassing himself. Even in Texas a chili cook-off won't be that well attended.

ub3SlN4.jpg

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

I like a fair amount of Ted's music but he should stick to just doing that instead of embarrassing himself. Even in Texas a chili cook-off won't that well attended.

ub3SlN4.jpg

Money talks, BS walks as they say! I am not familiar with a lot of Swift's work except the early stuff, but she works incredibly hard. Somehow she has figured out how to sell tons of music and shows in a times when most music sales are slow, it's admirable. Ted's gonna Ted, but it's kind of old these days. Although when I worked at a library his "Kill It and Grill It" cookbook was very popular :biggrin:

• Like 5

On 1/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, Apollo was astonished said:

That guy in the first frame on the right looks like Biden's ex nuclear waste official who was stealing people's luggage.

th?id=OIP.mLS1FsXv0NasUH8RRB8fOwHaE8%26p

Does anyone else think that dude could be Matt Damon's and Jon Cryer's offspring?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Does anyone else think that dude could be Matt Damon's and Jon Cryer's offspring?

I don't see any Matt Damon.  I just see Jon Cryer after he went completely insane.  :bolt:

17 minutes ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Yesterday was so eerie I am laughing about it now. I was too busy to dwell on it yesterday.

I love it when you speak in riddles.  :wink:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I love it when you speak in riddles.  :wink:

It was a simple riddles day.

During an appointment I got some good reminders of back home.

Later something kind of strange happened & I realized I didn't need to worry so much about things.

Today my schedule is making me laugh. Another 15 hour day F me lol....

Edited by BigMontanaSKY

I just realized that Sir Ian Holm (1931-2020), who played the evil android Ash in Alien, ALSO played Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings.  

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

ash4.jpg

_821ecf62-b225-11ea-8315-f58cec6734ed.jp

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I just realized that Sir Ian Holm (1931-2020), who played the evil android Ash in Alien, ALSO played Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings.  

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

ash4.jpg

_821ecf62-b225-11ea-8315-f58cec6734ed.jp

Loved him in Chariots of Fire and the Fifth Element as well....had a varied career.

• Like 1