What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

30 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Maybe but there are plenty of dresses that have a front zipper these days. I'm wondering what the pin is about.

I asked my wife about the front zipper.  She showed me the dress on a website.  It zips in back.

• Like 1

Just now, Rick N. Backer said:

I asked my wife about the front zipper.  She showed me the dress on a website.  It zips in back.

DOH! You'd think someone might have mentioned that to her unless they didn't realize it either. 

• Like 1

You do NOT bring lemonade to a power washer fight......SMH..... :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Ransomware thugs LockBit got busted by an 11-nation task force.  From today's article in The Washington Post:

In 2022, LockBit issued an apology after it said its ransomware was used to target a children’s hospital.  It offered the hospital a decryptor to unlock its systems — and reportedly issued policy guidance that banned criminals from using its software in attacks “where damage to the files could lead to death.”

BRILLIANT!  Criminals banning criminals from criminal activities.... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

While he and his wife worked in close quarters at their Houston home, Tyler Loudon often overheard her conversations — even the confidential ones, according to court filings. In some of those discussions, it was mentioned that BP, the multinational oil company Loudon’s wife worked for, planned to acquire a large truck-stop operator, authorities said.

Knowing this information, Loudon bought tens of thousands of shares in stock in TravelCenters of America, officials alleged. When the deal was announced in February 2023, Loudon liquidated his shares to make $1.76 million, authorities said.

Throughout that year, Loudon and his wife often worked in home offices within 20 feet of each other and could hear each other’s discussions, according to the complaint. In December 2022, the couple traveled to Rome, where Loudon’s wife regularly worked on the acquisition and discussed the deal while Loudon was seated nearby — a habit that continued after they returned to the United States and through the acquisition announcement, the complaint said.

On Thursday, federal prosecutors announced that Loudon, 41, had pleaded guilty to securities fraud. Loudon, who faces up to five years in prison, will forfeit the $1.76 million he made from the confidential information, authorities said.

Peter Zeidenberg, Loudon’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client “made a terrible mistake in judgment, regrets it greatly, and he’s taken responsibility for it.”

Loudon’s wife, who was a mergers and acquisitions manager for BP, was unaware that Loudon had relied on her work information to buy shares of stock, according to a complaint the Securities and Exchange Commission filed against Loudon..... 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Facebook is down today!  Millions of lives have been disrupted!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Haha 1

[An excerpt from satirist Alexandra Petri's "Interview with Measles". ] 

Now, it seems as though measles is everywhere. Florida. Michigan. Fourteen other states. How to account for its sudden surge in popularity?

I sat down with the measles itself to find out. I had suggested we hike or do an outdoor activity, but measles vetoed anything too far out in nature, suggesting instead a number of intimate, indoor locations where large groups of people were gathered in poor ventilation.  Finally, we settled on a café.

Measles is there waiting for me, looking well-rested despite its whirlwind tour of classrooms and homes. It’s unprepossessing — tinier in person than you’d expect for such an impactful figure, but quite self-assured.

I apologize for my late arrival.

“Please!” measles says with a smile. “It took me decades!”

Is this really the measles doctors warned me about?  Every medical professional I interviewed described measles as “deadly" and “bad to have” and “objectively, terrible.  Even if it does not literally kill you, it will hospitalize you, give you encephalitis and kill someone else.  It is the Dr. Hannibal Lecter of diseases. Why are you giving measles column space?"

To them, I said, “Don’t worry. No one reads print anymore!” I tell measles this. It laughs. Like many aspects of measles, its laugh is contagious.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

Frank:  "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards. That's *my* policy."

Mayor:  "That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar', you moron! You killed 5 actors! "

Happy Ides of March, everyone!

• Like 2

Today I overheard a student say, having successfully engaged in a framed conversation with a classmate, "Mr G has accomplished the impossible.  He's taught us Spanish!"  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

From yesterday:

4 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Hearing a guy in the waiting room congratulating another guy for being married for 49 years saying, "That's more than all 3 of my marriages combined".

This reminds me of some big macho guy at the gym, who was talking to an older guy about his recent divorce and how he and his wife never had any fights.  The older (and wiser) guy said, “It must have been a pretty boring marriage.”  

The younger guy’s face lit up and he said, “Yeah, I guess it was, now that I think about it!”  They guy had a moment of Zen right there.  😆

4 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Hearing a guy in the waiting room congratulating another guy for being married for 49 years saying, "That's more than all 3 of my marriages combined".

The same guy has cut my hair for almost 30 years.  He had a similar comment one time- "You've stuck around longer than my wives!"  Luckily the current marriage seems to be a success.

A friend of mine cracked a joke about his devoted purebred dog and now I cannot stop laughing.

(I won't post the joke, it's too cruel. I will say picking the right breed is essential if you need a dog for home protection. Even if the dog looks silly chewing a burglar to death.)