What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

"Song To the Siren" by Tim Buckley. If you haven't heard this track before, find it immediately and play it. You'll see how his son, Jeff Buckley, got it in his DNA.

What an amazing song. I also love the versions by This Mortal Coil and John Frusciante...I need to hear the original again :)

Wow, I had no idea quite a few other artists I like have covered this gem as well :o

It would be hard NOT to want to try it, I think, if you have a good vocalist. :yes:

"Song To the Siren" by Tim Buckley. If you haven't heard this track before, find it immediately and play it. You'll see how his son, Jeff Buckley, got it in his DNA.

Magical song, like Fred Neil's "The Dolphins."

Wow, I posted that without recalling that Tim Buckley had covered "Dolphins." The The does a beautiful version as well, but the original Neil version remains my favorite.

Wow, I posted that without recalling that Tim Buckley had covered "Dolphins." The The does a beautiful version as well, but the original Neil version remains my favorite.

I'll give those versions a listen soon then :)

Two songs by the Tedeschi Trucks Band-

Do I Look Worried- fantastic vocal, and unbelievable slide guitar work (as usual, wth anything Derek Trucks does).

Part of Me- I didn't like this one much when I first heard it, but it's totally infectious now. Just a great soul song, and features Doyle Bramhall III, I believe, as a dead ringer for Smokey Robinson. It's outta sight.

Twin Stars by The Church. From the extras album Parallel Universe. Complete shift of gears at 1:45 for a cool effect.

Master Hunter, by Laura Marling

From her latest album, Once I Was an Eagle, which is brilliant. The song features a drum track that so closely resembles John Bonham, it's ridiculous- the way it's played, and how it was mic'ed, produced, recorded; everything. The song is only three minutes long, but it just blows me away. Sounds like a song that could just as easily have been on Led Zeppelin III.