What song is owning you right now?

Maverick

"Desert Cruiser" by Truckfighters

Truckfighters!! Never heard them mentioned on here before. Wicked band!

Hmmmm Besides my bands new music...There's 3 I'm willing to admit to right now...the fourth one I'll post even though I have no idea why it's stuck in my head as often as it is!!

Stone Sour Gone Sovereign/Absolute Zero Technically 2 songs but meant to be taken as one!!! Great heavy riff and love Corey Taylor's voice especially on the choruses of Absolute Zero

Aviatic: Goodbye Beautiful Day

Great band out of LA who only released this album as far as I know...can't find a whole ton of info on them...I love them for a bunch of reasons great "Prog" Influenced material, the Piano/vocalist is pretty killer and unique in modern music, and even though I'm a guitar player what blows me away about them the most is their drummer...very unique has a lot of influence from Neil Peart and Stewart Copeland from what I can hear...Love the Hi-Hat work that comes in at 1:12 very cool!!

Saw this on the preview for Zero Dark Thirty and took me a few minutes to realize what it was...but once it did I was hooked...came home from the theater and my fiancee and I were both looking up who did this version at the same time...so definitely made an impact....Great Piano and Female Choir version of the Metallica classic...Chilling especially when you put it in the context of the movie!!!

There are so many more I could list...from Tremonti's solo album, to Alter Bridge, Soilwork, Flying Colors, Transatlantic, Tori Amos's pure gold has been a cool discovery, always loved Tori but hearing some of her music presented differently definitely created a new interest for me...and I could go on and on and on...

I will include this last one because it started as a joke with a couple of the guys were in the studio with now...trying to find music that the other person would hate...and they guaranteed me I wouldn't be able to make it through this song...Not only did I make it through it but listen to it incessantly for weeks after...to the pain of most people around me...don't know why it's stuck in my head...it's nothing like anything I would listen to on a regular basis but it's totally burrowed into my subconscious!! ha,ha

My apologies in advance if it gets stuck in your head;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXknE8LOEI

I finally know what the song is. I've heard this many times on Richard Blade's Flasback Lunch program on KROQ back in the late 90s but never knew the name of it. Had to search it after hearing it in Ruby Sparks this week when I rented it on Redbox this week. Always liked this obscure one hit wonder.

• Like 1