OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

If I were RR, I give RS the 4:20 copy of HF (for advertising, like they're doing) and put it immediately on iTunes. They could sell many copies of something that in a few days is useless... wink.gif

Now they can't comp26.gif

Edited by Alexmai

Ok. Just listened to it twice through my Bose headphones. Yeah. It sounds MUCH better. Geddy's vocals aren't as bad as I first thought, but not really that strong either. Their playing is really amazing. Ged's all over the fretboard. Alex is sounding heavier than ever, and Neil is just schooling drummers all over the world.

Not perfect, but a really damn good song.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 18 2012, 12:46 PM)
I like and hope the whole album is different than S&A, not because I don't like that album, but because every RUSH record should have its own fingerprint. The more different it sounds, the more Snakes & Arrows has its own corner in the picture.

As it should be...

yes.gif Good post man.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Apr 19 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Apr 18 2012, 09:58 PM)
I like it, I wouldn't say it's a step up or a step down from S&A. I definitely wouldn't say that it's "Like By-tor" or it's "Rush getting back to their roots," it's just a naturally developed new Rush song. The over-reaction from the community is making me feel like this:  eh.gif

I agree. It's the hype.

This song very much reminded me of Armor and Sword as well.

One of the funniest things I've read on here. Armour and Sword couldn't carry Headlong Flights jockstrap. And this is coming from someone that likes Armour Sword.

It's good. I'm not completely sold on the Bastille Day wink - I think Rush can do so much better than be self-referencing up to this point. I know a lot of nerds go crazy about that lick, but for me is a misstep. Luckily is brief.

Lyrically this song is great. As much as I hated BU2B, I'm in total agreement with HF lyrics.

Edited by GeddyRulz

people who missed the Bytor stuff must not be listening very close to the solo section...like ...at all.

Armor an Sword is absolutely plodding compared to this.

Yes tempo has something to do with that but that is not the only thing.

Melody, tonality,...clarity all those things help HF along as well.

Having some energy helps as well...

The decision to cut to half time in the middle just absolutely WORKS perfectly there.

Neils extended snare fill with toms thrown in has more going on than the whole S&A album.

In short best track Rush has done in years.

cant really say i'm at all interested in hearing a radio edit with a couple mins or so ripped off

and these people at the 'listening party' making references to bytor etc... dunno what shit they on smile.gif

this is new rush like we never really heard before.. blows everything on S&A out the water, cept far cry and bravest face.

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:05 AM)
cant really say i'm at all interested in hearing a radio edit with a couple mins or so ripped off

Say goodbye to the awesome mini-drum solo, probably the best part of the entire song sad.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 19 2012, 07:09 AM)

Say goodbye to the awesome mini-drum solo, probably the best part of the entire song sad.gif

yup. dont need to hear that thanks.

by the way, got it on now.... Alex is making some really nice sounds on this record smile.gif what makes him the greatest rock guitarist ever.

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 19 2012, 07:09 AM)

yup. dont need to hear that thanks.

Hearing any Rush on the radio (besides Limelight, Sawyer, and Spirit) is a thrill for me.

people really don't hear the Bytor comparisons ?

Really?

I love it ...but I can definitely hear a Bytor vibe in the solo section.

I think the general feelings about the song reflect mine as well -- Caress of Steel married to VT; kicks major ass ... I hear elements of Bastille Day, Double Agent, Freeze, Secret Touch, Armor and Sword, and Caravan ...

Overall -- I am very psyched. Its not as good as BU2B or Caravan but its right up there, pretty near those two! I mean, we already have three songs from Clockwork Angels and even if the rest of the album sucks, its already better than the majority of S&A.

Is it sonically VT Part Two? (Subtitle: This is how it was supposed to sound!) If so -- I am down with it!! 1022.gif 653.gif trink38.gif 2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Listening to HF through headphones you can feel each intrument they play further making me hard of hearing. tongue.gif

Sort of Bastille Day meets By Tor meets Secret Touch.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 19 2012, 07:31 AM)
People...start trying to request HF on your local radio stations!

Rush must be heard! 1287.gif

While I agree this song must be heard, i'm not sure if the people who regularly listen to the classic rock station in my area are worthy of hearing it.