RIP Andrew MacNaughtan

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jag2112 @ Jan 26 2012, 03:31 PM)
Extremely sad news... and hoping perhaps it isn't true... awaiting some official word from the band or news sources in general...

The people on Facebook who first reported this were professional photographers from Canada who knew Andrew. Those seem like reliable sources. But yeah, some official word would be nice.

I literally gasped aloud with shock when I read this. Andrew was such an important part of the Rush family, and many of my favorite pictures of the band were taken by him. My condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time.

I had the pleasure of having lunch with Andrew in LA in 2001. One thing I will never forget, is how he told me that Neil used to cry himself to sleep on Andrew's shoulder soon after Jackie died.

Rest in peace Andrew.

Oh my gosh. How sad, and what beautiful work he gave us of the band. Think back to the days before the Internet when his were the only real pictures that could be accessed but so many fans. May he rest in peace rose.gif

Terribly shocking and so, so sad. sad.gif

Wow. Andrew was definitely a master of photography, and produced some of the greatest Rush photographs ever...especially concert photos. Sad to hear this. sad.gif

RIP Andrew...

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (Draco @ Jan 26 2012, 05:52 PM)
I had the pleasure of having lunch with Andrew in LA in 2001. One thing I will never forget, is how he told me that Neil used to cry himself to sleep on Andrew's shoulder soon after Jackie died.

Rest in peace Andrew.

This is tragic news.

...is your anecdote really appropriate, sir?