Tony Iommi diagnosed with lymphoma

Real bad news . Joey Ramone died from this

f***ing aye. I don't have time for this.

Cancer is the most vile disease on the planet.

Early as it may be, he's 63, not exactly a spring chicken.

Also, it turned out that Dio was going to die anyway. (Later on I found out that, it was stage 4. Numerous members have slipped this out in certain interviews. Especially Geezer.)

Tony Iommi, you are one of MY FAVORITE GUITARISTS ever. I hold you higher than the esteemed, Alex Lifeson, for your sheer brilliance.

I sincerely hope that you beat this. I can't deal with the only REAL sound of Black Sabbath diminishing, solo or otherwise.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jan 9 2012, 12:46 PM)
Sad to read this, I'm still reeling from Dio's death. I guess our heroes are getting older to the point of being senior citizens now...

Yeah, I told a buddy that I knew I was getting old about 10 years ago cuz the rock stars were no longer dying of drug overdoses or drowning in their own puke but instead were soon going to start dying of cancer, heart issuses, etc. sad.gif

Fu*k cancer.

It's about to claim the life of my father in law (he's probably going to be gone in the next 1-2 days).

Obviously I'm taking that news harder than this, but cancer is pure evil and its' eradication from the planet will be a great day.

Good luck to one who has entertained and given joy to so many in beating this MFer.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jan 9 2012, 03:46 PM)
I believe Michael C. Hall was diagnosed with something similar. He was treated for 6 months and it went away. I'm sure Tony will pull through.

If there's such a thing as a "good" cancer to get, this is one of them.

Beat this, Tony!