81 members have voted

1. 1. Which 70s album wins?

• A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 5 2012, 11:16 PM)
Enough of those 'sorry bunch' polls. Vote and discuss.
trink38.gif

Johnny! Not much to discuss here. I will bet you that "Hemispheres" will easily win this poll.

"Hemispheres" is the greatest album ever made on planet earth.

trink39.gif

Hemispheres. It is perfection - and La Villa is my favorite Rush song, so... no brainer here. But OP is correct - they are all 3 superb albums. 1022.gif

A Farewell to Kings

Hemispheres has the better epic if we compare the title track to Cygnus X-1, but I prefer Xanadu to La Villa slightly and A Farewell to Kings, Cinderella Man, Closer to the Heart and Madrigal easily whup The Trees and Circumstances...

Hemispheres is my favorite Rush album of all time and has been almost consistently since I first heard it almost 30 years ago. The other two are fantastic as well, but Hemispheres is my favorite.

And all at once the chaos ceased!!!!

Hemispheres is Rush perfection.

Caress Of Steel is clearly the best 70s album (or any decade for that matter). I assume that is why JB left it off of the poll. smile.gif

The three albums listed, however, are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best Rush albums (not in that order).

I will go with Hemispheres, but I certainly couldn't question anyone voting for any of these MASTERPIECES.

Indeed ... no competition here.

AFTK by far. The other two albums have a weak side each - 2112 not so much as it's saved by Something For Nothing and Bangkok, whereas Side one of Hemispheres is one of the most forgettable pieces of music Rush ever put together (still love listening to it, for it's Rush)

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Jan 6 2012, 03:20 PM)
Indeed ... no competition here.
AFTK by far. The other two albums have a weak side each - 2112 not so much as it's saved by Something For Nothing and Bangkok, whereas Side one of Hemispheres is one of the most forgettable pieces of music Rush ever put together (still love listening to it, for it's Rush)

Side one of Hemispheres has really grown on me over the years - it's still a lot to take in, but it's an amazing song. Where AFTK loses out for me is Cygnus X-1 - really good song, but I always get a little annoyed by the narration and by Geddy's screaming at the very end - I know that might seem like minor parts of a long song, and they are, but it generally keeps me from wanting to hear the song, and I usually turn the album off prior to that.

Seriously though, if you took side one of AFTK and side two of Hemispheres and smushed them together, you'd have the best album of all time by anyone.