John Lennon

RushCanuck

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Dec 8 2011, 11:49 PM)
He really wasn't very bright. His heart was in the right place, pretty good music, but he was a hypocrite who put half his mind in half of his statements.

He wasn't perfect, far from it. Personally, I'm not on board with a lot of what he said and did, he was basically a mouth piece. But, he never denied his hypocrisy or ran from it. I do admire that.

Oh yeah, he was very bright. He was as quick a wit as there ever was in entertainment.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 9 2011, 12:00 AM)
He really wasn't very bright. His heart was in the right place, pretty good music, but he was a hypocrite who put half his mind in half of his statements.

He wasn't perfect, far from it. Personally, I'm not on board with a lot of what he said and did, he was basically a mouth piece. But, he never denied his hypocrisy or ran from it. I do admire that.

Oh yeah, he was very bright. He was as quick a wit as there ever was in entertainment.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 9 2011, 07:00 AM)

I agree, he said he was really affacted by his mother leaving him when he was child, and he did the exact same thing to his son Julian.

But as musician I have nothing bad to say about him (if you don't count the three albums of NOISE he did with Yoko)

RIP John, Miss you.

One of the worst days of my life.

Fukk.

I miss you JL and listen to your music nearly every day and will continue to do so until the day I die. Hope I get to meet you on the other side.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 8 2011, 11:04 PM)
I'm listening to Walls and Bridges right now, my favorite Lennon solo album. He would have made so much great music if he was still alive today.  sad.gif rose.gif

Agreed. I think that with Double Fantasy he finally shed the "Ain't I rebellious," crap and realized that he was a gifted songwriter and performer.

I remember my Dad waking me up before he left for work to tell me John was dead. Man was I bummed. I had just gotten into the Beatles.

Like many of you of a certain age, I heard the news this way, while watching MNF (with Howard Cosell announcing the tragic news) in my dorm room.

Here's the clip...

RIP, John rose.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Dec 8 2011, 08:18 PM)
Imagine what it would be like if he was still alive.

imagine indeed.

so much wrong in the world and a man like John Lennon gets shot in the back 4 times.

so sad. rose.gif

I don't remember how I found out, but I was a little kid, and this was the first time it really sank in what murder is. My father loved John Lennon's music and kept the newspaper articles about his death in his dresser drawer until his own death in 1993, when my mom threw them out. Luckily, she gave me my dad's 45 of Starting Over, one of his favorite songs.

This story of a doctor (who now works in a hospital here in town) who attended Lennon when he was brought to the hospital may not be up much longer, but it was very interesting. Do be warned, it's graphic and quite emotional:

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/CNY-...iJrBg7zxTg.cspx

I remember it like it was yesterday

rose.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 11 2011, 06:43 AM)
rose.gif

Yeah me too. I was 24 and went out to the car to go play some gym rat hoops, turned the radio on, heard the announcement, turned the car off, went back in the house, cried, got drunk.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 11 2011, 06:43 AM)
rose.gif

Yep..me too.I was 21, and me and my ex-girlfriend were watching

MNF with some work friends,when the news broke.Couldn't believe it.

That was the end of classic rock,imo.Music hasn't been the same since.

RIP, John Lennon.

I bought my father Double Fantasy for Christmas that year. A few days after I purchased the album he was killed. My dad was devastated as he was a huge Beatles fan growing up.

I think I heard the news from Howard Cosell during a Monday Night Football game. Not exactly sure if I'm recalling that correctly.

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Dec 12 2011, 06:00 PM)
I think I heard the news from Howard Cosell during a Monday Night Football game. Not exactly sure if I'm recalling that correctly.

Yep, here's the clip.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 12 2011, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Dec 12 2011, 06:00 PM)
I think I heard the news from Howard Cosell during a Monday Night Football game.  Not exactly sure if I'm recalling that correctly.

Yep, here's the clip.

Good to know that a few of my brain cells are still functioning within parameters. trink38.gif