last movie you watched

sonicjams

Balto.

I hadn't seen the movie in years prior to watching it today. I personally found the movie very amazing. I'd always loved it growing up, but it just really hit me now how awesome it is. I also didn't know it was based on a true story.

Beautiful animation!

Same director though who did that awful Time Machine remake...

Think I fell asleep watching Time Machine. Can't remember exactly but I remember starting it. I guess that means I either fell asleep or walked out. It's too bad because I like Guy Pearce.

And it just reoccurred to me that that director, Simon Wells, is H.G. Wells' great grandson.

Simon Wells has the odd very good animated movie under his belt. The Time Machine was a total misfire with a few beautifully done elements, notably some of the visuals.

I bought it for £0.10. For that amount of money, I can say I didn't mind it.

But being a massive H.G. Wells fan, the film is a massive letdown.

Good grief that's cheap as hell. That's like ¥12 or something.

Just yesterday I bought Peter Pan, Pinnochio, and Alice in Wonderland all for about 2 pounds. Haven't seen any of them since the late 70s so I thought I'd get them.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Balto.

I hadn't seen the movie in years prior to watching it today. I personally found the movie very amazing. I'd always loved it growing up, but it just really hit me now how awesome it is. I also didn't know it was based on a true story.

Beautiful animation!

Think I fell asleep watching Time Machine. Can't remember exactly but I remember starting it. I guess that means I either fell asleep or walked out. It's too bad because I like Guy Pearce.

And it just reoccurred to me that that director, Simon Wells, is H.G. Wells' great grandson.

Simon Wells has the odd very good animated movie under his belt. The Time Machine was a total misfire with a few beautifully done elements, notably some of the visuals.

Just yesterday I bought Peter Pan, Pinnochio, and Alice in Wonderland all for about 2 pounds. Haven't seen any of them since the late 70s so I thought I'd get them.

Pinnochio especially is beautiful. Watch the waves when the whale scene hits...amazes me the depth and detail in this movie.

• Like 1

Balto.

Beautiful animation!

Pinnochio especially is beautiful. Watch the waves when the whale scene hits...amazes me the depth and detail in this movie.

Will do

Snowbeast (1977)

I guess it's not exactly a movie, more of a documentary - The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976)

It's a double feature dvd.

Isn't the latter a documentary in the sense that This Is Spinal Tap is a documentary? Seems vaguely familiar. Snowbeast does too. I probably saw both 35+ years ago. Used to love all those Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti stories. I must've watched that Patterson Bigfoot footage a million times over the years.

• Like 1

Snowbeast (1977)

I guess it's not exactly a movie, more of a documentary - The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976)

Isn't the latter a documentary in the sense that This Is Spinal Tap is a documentary? Seems vaguely familiar. Snowbeast does too. I probably saw both 35+ years ago. Used to love all those Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti stories. I must've watched that Patterson Bigfoot footage a million times over the years.

Have you seen the 'killer lives' documentary? The one about the students who were brutally murdered in the Ural mountains, in 1959. Investigates it all, and suggests bigfoot ( well the Russian one) as a possible suspect :D . Really interesting circumstances.

• Like 1

http://www.jasonbournemovie.com/images/share.jpg

About what I expected. I'm not a big fan of the Bourne movies because I don't think Matt Damon is a good choice for Jason Bourne and I really HATE jigglevision. But as far as the Bourne movies go, it was alright.

Snowbeast (1977)

Have you seen the 'killer lives' documentary? The one about the students who were brutally murdered in the Ural mountains, in 1959. Investigates it all, and suggests bigfoot ( well the Russian one) as a possible suspect :D . Really interesting circumstances.

Never heard of it. But I would watch it.

I used to love the Leonard Nimoy-hosted show In Search Of that used to have episodes investigating Bigfoot, Loch Ness, UFOs, ghosts, and other mysteries. It was always interesting no matter what the focus was.

I remember there was an episode on the real events behind the Amityville Horror. That was good for scaring (yet still fun & interesting) the shit out of an 8 or so year old JohnnyBlaze :blaze:

• Like 2

Snowbeast (1977)

Interesting that you mention this, as I am just about to start reading this book:

41CGXtyMytL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1

Snowbeast (1977)

I used to love the Leonard Nimoy-hosted show In Search Of that used to have episodes investigating Bigfoot, Loch Ness, UFOs, ghosts, and other mysteries. It was always interesting no matter what the focus was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4PGCQQ4Oc&sns=em

I remember there was an episode on the real events behind the Amityville Horror. That was good for scaring (yet still fun & interesting) the shit out of an 8 or so year old JohnnyBlaze :blaze:

I can relate, being a condemned 8 year old :codger: :D . Didn't see the one with Nimoy, though I did watch the series with Arthur c Clarke. The Glass skulls, and such.

Fascination still stays o this day, in a way. Really interested in the mysterious circumstances people go missing, in the state parks, to be later found in the specific places search and rescue have been looking.

• Like 2

Snowbeast (1977)

Interesting that you mention this, as I am just about to start reading this book:

How far have you got into the book? Don't want to give away any spoilers, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest real strange things happened there.

What I find beautiful in a way is, the the remote environment and lonely lives the people around that area live. Desolate and cold, who knows what happened.

What I also find interesting is that there are new types of large species being found. For example the Bili ape in recent years, and if you consider the Silver back gorilla was only documented around 60 - 70 years ago.

• Like 1

Snowbeast (1977)

I can relate, being a condemned 8 year old :codger: :D . Didn't see the one with Nimoy, though I did watch the series with Arthur c Clarke. The Glass skulls, and such.

Fascination still stays o this day, in a way. Really interested in the mysterious circumstances people go missing, in the state parks, to be later found in the specific places search and rescue have been looking.

I watched one of those 70s In Search Of episodes fairly recently and they still hold up even after all these years

Snowbeast (1977)

I watched one of those 70s In Search Of episodes fairly recently and they still hold up even after all these years

Weird thing about The Legend Of Bigfoot is that everyone thought it was a phony, even going so far as a imply it was Ivan Marx' now widow Peggy (he died in 1999) of being dressed up in the furry costume; she's spent the last forty years trying to tell them all the photos and film reel footage are all genuine.

Snowbeast (1977)

How far have you got into the book? Don't want to give away any spoilers, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest real strange things happened there.

What I find beautiful in a way is, the the remote environment and lonely lives the people around that area live. Desolate and cold, who knows what happened.

What I also find interesting is that there are new types of large species being found. For example the Bili ape in recent years, and if you consider the Silver back gorilla was only documented around 60 - 70 years ago.

oddly enough, the Amazon box arrived just today - I had never heard of this incident until last week, and I ordered the book ... It is fascinating from what I understand ( but tragic ) ..