last movie you watched

sonicjams

Snowbeast (1977)

I guess it's not exactly a movie, more of a documentary - The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976)

It's a double feature dvd.

Isn't the latter a documentary in the sense that This Is Spinal Tap is a documentary? Seems vaguely familiar. Snowbeast does too. I probably saw both 35+ years ago. Used to love all those Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti stories. I must've watched that Patterson Bigfoot footage a million times over the years.

Have you seen the 'killer lives' documentary? The one about the students who were brutally murdered in the Ural mountains, in 1959. Investigates it all, and suggests bigfoot ( well the Russian one) as a possible suspect :D . Really interesting circumstances.

Interesting that you mention this, as I am just about to start reading this book:

41CGXtyMytL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How far have you got into the book? Don't want to give away any spoilers, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest real strange things happened there.

What I find beautiful in a way is, the the remote environment and lonely lives the people around that area live. Desolate and cold, who knows what happened.

What I also find interesting is that there are new types of large species being found. For example the Bili ape in recent years, and if you consider the Silver back gorilla was only documented around 60 - 70 years ago.

oddly enough, the Amazon box arrived just today - I had never heard of this incident until last week, and I ordered the book ... It is fascinating from what I understand ( but tragic ) ..

Really interested to hear your opinion on the evidence, with this sad event.

• Like 1

215px-The_Beach_film.jpg

That was a weird movie.

I didn't like it when it came out. But I don't remember it anymore so I think I can give it another shot.

In related Danny Boyle-directed flicks, I read that he's doing Trainspotting 2. Don't think I like that idea despite liking part 1.

Alice_Through_the_Looking_Glass_(film)_poster.jpg

Visually stunning, but like a ot of movies these days, absolute tedium when it comes to story line and dialogue. I literally had to shake myself awake throughout the final90 minutes.

• Like 1

Visually stunning, but like a ot of movies these days, absolute tedium when it comes to story line and dialogue. I literally had to shake myself awake throughout the final90 minutes.

Totally believe you. Looks like a bunch of pretty frosting and no cake.

• Like 2

I agree. Amazing to look at but booooorrrringgg....

• Like 1

Being a big of fan of all Lewis Carol's work I absolutely abhor everything about Tim Burton's vision of Alice. And I won't go near this sequel.

For all the differences between the Disney animated movie and the novel, it still carried over that same madcap feeling.

Tim Burton...killed his career methinks. It was a huge hit but has anyone taken him seriously since?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-ZxrG7htU&sns=em

Think they repeated "seven" about seven thousand times in that trailer. :LOL:

Wonder if the upcoming remake with Denzel will even remotely resemble this classic.

A really great theme song. It sort of gets in your head. :musicnote: "seven seven seven... The magnificent seven!" :musicnote:

Rush should do a cover for it.

Being a big of fan of all Lewis Carol's work I absolutely abhor everything about Tim Burton's vision of Alice. And I won't go near this sequel.

For all the differences between the Disney animated movie and the novel, it still carried over that same madcap feeling.

Tim Burton...killed his career methinks. It was a huge hit but has anyone taken him seriously since?

His style has become very bland over the years.

Yeah. I think he did that a long time ago. I don't think there's been anything I've liked of his in at least twenty years.

To add to the blandness, next year he's got Beetlejuice 2 and the live action version of Dumbo coming out. More Burton movies to skip!

Yeah. I think he did that a long time ago. I don't think there's been anything I've liked of his in at least twenty years.

To add to the blandness, next year he's got Beetlejuice 2 and the live action version of Dumbo coming out. More Burton movies to skip!

Dumbo is definitely a miss for me. One Disney animation that should never be touched.

Especially by Burton.

Dumbo is definitely a miss for me. One Disney animation that should never be touched.

Especially by Burton.

Oh no, Beetlejuice 2? I love the first one, I hope the second one doesn't suck.

Completely off topic, but

Have you ever read the theory that Lewis Carroll was the real Jack The Ripper ??

I read the book "Jack The Ripper, Light Hearted Friend", and while the theory and evidence was, at best, out in left field, it was sort of a fascinating take:

This theory was based primarily on a number of anagrams derived from passages in two of Carroll's works, The Nursery "Alice", an adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for younger readers, and from the first volume of Sylvie and Bruno.[1] Carroll first published both works in 1889 and was probably still working on them during the period of the Ripper murders. Wallace claimed that the books contained hidden but detailed descriptions of the murders. This theory gained enough attention to make Carroll a late but notable addition to the list of suspects, although one that is generally not taken very seriously.

Especially by Burton.

You know it will.

• Like 1

Especially by Burton.

You know it will.

I just remembered that there had been plans to make the sequel "Beetlejuice Goes to Hawaii" ((I'm not joking)) but at the time Burton and Keaton got wrapped up in Batman Returns. That wasn't very good but Beetlejuice Goes to Hawaii probably would've been much worse.

Especially by Burton.

You know it will.

I just remembered that there had been plans to make the sequel "Beetlejuice Goes to Hawaii" ((I'm not joking)) but at the time Burton and Keaton got wrapped up in Batman Returns. That wasn't very good but Beetlejuice Goes to Hawaii probably would've been much worse.

giphy.gif

• Like 1