last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYE-tm8UBSM

An excellent documentary profiling the life and premature death of the self-proclaimed greatest bass player in the world. If you're into musicians, you'll dig this. A hint as to this man's talent: When I pull this up, documentaries on Einstein also show up. Pure genius.

When I read "self-proclaimed greatest bass player in the world" I first thought it was a film about Melodic. ;)

But anyway, yeah that looks interesting. :yes:

"I first thought it was a film about Melodic"

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

ETA: I can hear Melodic now... "Sure Jaco is technically proficient, but his tone sucks." :LOL:

re: the film... I really enjoyed it.

Edited by goose

Segue, what do you think are your top 5 animated Disney flicks? No ties, just 5.

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Of those, I've only seen Lion King and Fantasia. Fantasia might be my #1 while Lion King would probably make it in the top 5. Like Beauty, Hunchback is another one I've been meaning to watch.

Both made by the same directors.

Hunchback is a masterpiece but tonally it suffers a bit from trying to juggle extreme levels of maturity with lighter comedy.

It is a classic. It gets better with age. Having read the book, it captures a surprising amount of the darkness.

I sense the directors were pushing for an adult film but we're forced to tone it down.

Regardless...it's Disney's most fascinating animation of the nineties in my opinion.

The animation is fantastic. :yes: It was breathtaking seeing it in its original release.

But you're right, the story is a bit heavy for kids.

Segue, what do you think are your top 5 animated Disney flicks? No ties, just 5.

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Of those, I've only seen Lion King and Fantasia. Fantasia might be my #1 while Lion King would probably make it in the top 5. Like Beauty, Hunchback is another one I've been meaning to watch.

Both made by the same directors.

Hunchback is a masterpiece but tonally it suffers a bit from trying to juggle extreme levels of maturity with lighter comedy.

It is a classic. It gets better with age. Having read the book, it captures a surprising amount of the darkness.

I sense the directors were pushing for an adult film but we're forced to tone it down.

Regardless...it's Disney's most fascinating animation of the nineties in my opinion.

The animation is fantastic. :yes: It was breathtaking seeing it in its original release.

But you're right, the story is a bit heavy for kids.

It's maturity is my favourite aspect. I wish Disney had the bravery to make it a more mature effort. Animation should never be just for kids!

• Like 1

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Lion King would have to be in a best list just for the intro alone.

• Like 1

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

:yes:
  • Like 1

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

It gets me every time. The Lion King is amazing.

• Like 1

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Just watched that...again, perfect film.

The jungle book 2016. Amazing film, really takes the original to new levels. The torch was certainly passed well with this interpretation,Kipling approves.

Fantastic film.

I give this a 9/10. Third best film of the year for me!

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

In all honesty this film is critic proof. I only know of one person who dislikes this film. One.

To me it is one of the defining movies of the last thirty years. It works on so many levels.

Until Zootopia, I thought the days of deep, layered and mature Disney animations were over.

Edited by Segue Myles

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

In all honesty this film is critic proof. I only know of one person who dislikes this film. One.

To me it is one of the defining movies of the last thirty years. It works on so many levels.

Until Zootopia, I thought the days of deep, layered and mature Disney animations were over.

I still remember the first time I saw the preview at the movie theater.It definitely gives you chills.

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

I still remember the first time I saw the preview at the movie theater.It definitely gives you chills.

The Lion King is easily the most precious movie to me ever. Everything about it, from the film itself to the deep rooted nostalgia, to the animation through to the songs, from the comedy to the depth of emotion, it's just powerful to an extreme degree.

So powerful in fact I have to be careful watching it as it hits serious trigger points for me. I saw it on stage last year and blubbed my way through the whole thing!

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

The Lion King is easily the most precious movie to me ever. Everything about it, from the film itself to the deep rooted nostalgia, to the animation through to the songs, from the comedy to the depth of emotion, it's just powerful to an extreme degree.

So powerful in fact I have to be careful watching it as it hits serious trigger points for me. I saw it on stage last year and blubbed my way through the whole thing!

The only thing negative that I have ever really heard about it was how it was stolen from the Simba anime. That scene where Mufasa dies in the stampede is a real tear jerker. You could see it coming a mile away (literally) but it was still sad.

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

The only thing negative that I have ever really heard about it was how it was stolen from the Simba anime. That scene where Mufasa dies in the stampede is a real tear jerker. You could see it coming a mile away (literally) but it was still sad.

Well...in all honesty...considering anime initially took a lot of influence from Disney I don't mind Disney taking inspiration from anime.

And having seen the Kimba an ime, I have to say I find the similarities very forced.

And considering I was four when I first saw the film, I did not see it coming! It's been 22 years and it hits me hard every time.

Not a flaw for me. Possibly the only Disney film I feel this strongly for in terms of it being perfect.

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Well...in all honesty...considering anime initially took a lot of influence from Disney I don't mind Disney taking inspiration from anime.

And having seen the Kimba an ime, I have to say I find the similarities very forced.

And considering I was four when I first saw the film, I did not see it coming! It's been 22 years and it hits me hard every time.

Not a flaw for me. Possibly the only Disney film I feel this strongly for in terms of it being perfect.

Wow you were 4? Gawd I feel old. :LOL:

Lion King

Pocahontas

Beauty And The Beast

Fantasia

Hunchback Of Notre Dame

Wow you were 4? Gawd I feel old. :LOL:

To make you feel better, when it came out in cinemas, I was actually three on that date haha!

• Like 2

The jungle book 2016. Amazing film, really takes the original to new levels. The torch was certainly passed well with this interpretation,Kipling approves.

Fantastic film.

Its a fantastic film, all the right moves with developing on the original.

No doubt my family will watch this again.

Fantastic film.

Agreed. Although I see this as a standalone movie and not really a remake. They gave it enough of a new vibe to let the original stand tall and this one its near equal. I won't say it's better...I have to live with it first!

Fantastic film.

Agreed. Although I see this as a standalone movie and not really a remake. They gave it enough of a new vibe to let the original stand tall and this one its near equal. I won't say it's better...I have to live with it first!

Well I see each movie standing up, with its own virtues. No denying they are related, I really enjoyed the new version, it was excellent.

Fantastic film.

Well I see each movie standing up, with its own virtues. No denying they are related, I really enjoyed the new version, it was excellent.

What I am enjoying about Disney revisiting old stories is that they are adding elements that arguably should have been there before. The Jungle Book has the darkness the original should have had (based on the source material) but it's woven into pretty much the same narrative as the animation.

After this I am very excited for next year's Beauty And The Beast.

I don't mind new versions of these stories. I certainly don't mind new versions of Disney versions of these stories, as they as yet have yet to make a straightforward remake.