last movie you watched

sonicjams

Suicide Squad

Verdict?

Not bad, but some shitty dialogue.

Shitty dialogue? I'm not surprised...it has Will Smith after all. Did he say, "I have GOT TO get me one of these!!!"?

Think there's a 50% chance of that. ;)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

The Incredible Hulk.

Not great but it's still much better than Ang Lee's attempt.

The Good: It did a lot of good things such as skipping over an origin story, having Hulk the right size and power level, and giving him a worthy adversary. William Hurt was the best suited actor for their role...though nobody did a bad job. Also, the homage bits to the tv show were smartly done without seeming too forced. Oh, and the favella chase scene was pretty cool.

The Bad: I like Tim Roth and Tim Blake Nelson but they just didn't seem like they belonged in their roles. Edward Norton seems a little off in the casting too even though I think he's great in most other roles. What else? Some of that CGI looked too video-gamey at times. And what was up with Abomination's design? He looked more like DC's Swamp Thing than what he should've.

Most important: As the second film in the MCU (the first being Iron Man), it was the first to connect the Marvel characters. They've come a long way in these 8 years.

Marvel needs to get full control over the Hulk instead of just being on loan from Universal Studios. There's no reason why big green can't have a properly made Marvel movie.

Grade: C+

Same can be said for Spidey and Sony espcially since the CA:CW Spidey was awesome.

220px-Freaks_of_Nature_Poster.jpg

I hope this gets a cult following. Good underrated horror comedy.

Oh, and one of the characters has a :rush: Signals poster.

Edited by invisible airwave

Suicide Squad

Verdict?

Not bad, but some shitty dialogue.

Shitty dialogue? I'm not surprised...it has Will Smith after all. Did he say, "I have GOT TO get me one of these!!!"?

Think there's a 50% chance of that. ;)

His lines weren't that bad compared to some of the more minor characters.

Pacific Rim.

Watched this just the other week..highly enjoyable

Yep! The movie is just balls-out fun!

It's funny how people see things differently. I thought it was one of the worst action movies I've ever seen. A couple hours of my life I'll never get back.

I was bored the entire time and still find it hard to believe it isn't a Michael Bay movie.

Seriously...I think people want to like it so they claim they do all because it's from Guillermo del Toro.

No different to the recent rubbish Transformers movies are that dull and lifeless Godzilla.

It'd be a boring-ass world if we all liked the same stuff. I'm sure you dearly love some movies that I think are utter crap.

You don't have to take offense. If the world is that big you should be able to accept a differing opinion.

Not sure where you got the "taking offence" part from.

• Like 1

Pacific Rim.

It's funny how people see things differently. I thought it was one of the worst action movies I've ever seen. A couple hours of my life I'll never get back.

I was bored the entire time and still find it hard to believe it isn't a Michael Bay movie.

Seriously...I think people want to like it so they claim they do all because it's from Guillermo del Toro.

No different to the recent rubbish Transformers movies are that dull and lifeless Godzilla.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true.....I genuinely enjoyed it, and couldn't care less who directed it.

I certainly didn't think it was anything like the Transformers franchise, though I would agree it's not as good as Godzilla.

Pacific Rim.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true.....I genuinely enjoyed it, and couldn't care less who directed it.

I certainly didn't think it was anything like the Transformers franchise, though I would agree it's not as good as Godzilla.

Nice!

Pacific Rim.

It'd be a boring-ass world if we all liked the same stuff. I'm sure you dearly love some movies that I think are utter crap.

You don't have to take offense. If the world is that big you should be able to accept a differing opinion.

You misunderstand, sir. I took no offense whatsoever and was simply trying to express to you the same sentiment. I will try to be clearer next time.

The Count Of Monte Cristo (the version with Jim Caviezel). I know they changed it quite a bit but I still enjoy this one.
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim.

You misunderstand, sir. I took no offense whatsoever and was simply trying to express to you the same sentiment. I will try to be clearer next time.

Ignore me when I post like that.

Seriously...when my mood swings lifts I have no idea what I was going on about half the time I'm low.

• Like 1

Red. Pretty funny. Loved Helen Mirren in this. So different than the kind of things she usually does.

I loved this and the sequel!

Just loud and stupid and insanely fun!

Helen Mirren is gorgeous and hilarious.

• Like 1

Red. Pretty funny. Loved Helen Mirren in this. So different than the kind of things she usually does.

I loved this and the sequel!

Just loud and stupid and insanely fun!

Helen Mirren is gorgeous and hilarious.

I can't wait to see the sequel. :)

• Like 1

Pacific Rim.

Ignore me when I post like that.

Seriously...when my mood swings lifts I have no idea what I was going on about half the time I'm low.

Roger that, Bud! No harm done.

I watched Solomon Kane today, it was much better than expected! I dig when that happens. Give it a watch if you haven't seen it.
  • Like 1

Psycho (1960). Spent a part of it looking like this: :o

Babycat, your first time seeing Psycho ?

Alfred Hitchcock had a few weeks break from filming his TV series, so he took some of the crew and made a movie

Psycho (1960). Spent a part of it looking like this: :o

Babycat, your first time seeing Psycho ?

Alfred Hitchcock had a few weeks break from filming his TV series, so he took some of the crew and made a movie

It was, yes, though I'd obviously heard of it and seen bits, but never the whole thing. Very good.

• Like 1