last movie you watched

sonicjams

Justice League: War. Quite excellent, much better tthan I expected.

Justice League: War. Quite excellent, much better tthan I expected.

I believe it. DC has made a lot of good animated films and shows. Plus, I heard that one is a pretty decent adaptation of the comic it was taken from.

An older one (maybe 10 years ago?) called Justice League: New Frontier is worth checking out.

Ichi The Killer

220px-Ichithekillerposter.jpg

That movie's banned in a lot of different countries due to its cruelty and violence. What'd you think of it? Ever read the manga? I haven't seen it or read the manga.

Due to its reputation and the scenes I've seen of it via youtube I thought it'd just be mindless gore (which, for the record, I was okay with going into this movie). I've known about this movie for a few years and have been interested in it for the entire time, but just recently I decided I'd give it an actual full viewing.

Turns out the story is great, and I guess since it's based off of a manga it'd have to be. If there's a film which is based off of a manga, it only makes sense that the story of the manga is good, right? There must be some sort of artistic standard.. :D

If you're okay with gore - or better yet, enjoy cheesy / creative gore, and have fun with mystery/crime movies that have you keeping track of a couple dozen of characters.. Then this is a good watch.

The very ending of the film has got me scratching my head. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention though, so rather than read theories online, I think I'll watch this movie again soon and see if I can figure it out myself.

X-Men: Apocalypse.

Overcrowded. Character motivations are sudden and senseless for some. Character depictions from comic to screen are way off in many cases. A few good fight scenes and visuals are nowhere near enough to make this enjoyable. Final battle scene is unsatisfying. Best point--Fassbender as Magneto. Grade: D+

Overcrowded. Character motivations are sudden and senseless for some. Character depictions from comic to screen are way off in many cases. A few good fight scenes and visuals are nowhere near enough to make this enjoyable. Final battle scene is unsatisfying. Best point--Fassbender as Magneto. Grade: D+

The entire franchise has been going downhill since the first movie.

In a message I sent treeduck this morning, I ranked and graded them like this...

X2: A-

Days of Future Past: B+

X1: B-

First Class: C+

Apocalypse: D+

X3: F

That'd give an overall X-Men GPA of 2.22 (between a C to C+), and that's not good given the wealth of prime source material.

In a message I sent treeduck this morning, I ranked and graded them like this...

That'd give an overall X-Men GPA of 2.22 (between a C to C+), and that's not good given the wealth of prime source material.

I didn't care for Days of Future Past myself. I thought it was kind of weak, so to me it would be even lower, maybe a B- or a C.

• Like 1

I didn't care for Days of Future Past myself. I thought it was kind of weak, so to me it would be even lower, maybe a B- or a C.

Yeah, it definitely had some weaknesses...the biggest weakness for me being Jennifer Lawrence. She's just not convincing as Mystique imho. Naturally, the original comic story which I read as an 8 year old back in '80 is better done, darker, but not as complicated as the movie. But I think the movie balanced the characters adequately enough though and didn't dwell too long on the peripheral ones.

But Singer and the other directors still haven't made a completely satisfying X-Men movie to me. How can there be 6 of these films and not one has Cyclops as a central character? He is to the X-Men as Captain America is to the Avengers.

Still though, your B- or C grading isn't THAT bad of a mark.

Yeah, it definitely had some weaknesses...the biggest weakness for me being Jennifer Lawrence. She's just not convincing as Mystique imho. Naturally, the original comic story which I read as an 8 year old back in '80 is better done, darker, but not as complicated as the movie. But I think the movie balanced the characters adequately enough though and didn't dwell too long on the peripheral ones.

But Singer and the other directors still haven't made a completely satisfying X-Men movie to me. How can there be 6 of these films and not one has Cyclops as a central character? He is to the X-Men as Captain America is to the Avengers.

No it's not. I didn't dislike it that much but it could have been better. I should have said first two movies because like you, I rate them the highest. I also agree about Cyclops. Though I don't like James Marsden in the role. He doesn't seem to be manly enough or something.

No it's not. I didn't dislike it that much but it could have been better. I should have said first two movies because like you, I rate them the highest. I also agree about Cyclops. Though I don't like James Marsden in the role. He doesn't seem to be manly enough or something.

:LOL: I was going to mention him but I forgot his name. My brain was thinking "John Mason...Marshton...Jim Madison...or is it James Mayson...that's it 'James Marshdim'...wait, no it's not. Ah, screw it." :LOL:

But yeah, he seemed a bit off for a reason I can't really pinpoint.

• Like 1

:LOL: I was going to mention him but I forgot his name. My brain was thinking "John Mason...Marshton...Jim Madison...or is it James Mayson...that's it 'James Marshdim'...wait, no it's not. Ah, screw it." :LOL:

But yeah, he seemed a bit off for a reason I can't really pinpoint.

Too preppy.